1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Mark Jackson be a good fit for HC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by knucklehead3321, Nov 22, 2015.

1. knucklehead3321

I dont know much about his style, except he really got the Warriors to the cusp of winning a title before being questionably being canned. Is he available? Do you guys think he would fit this team if so? Just wondering why noone is mentiong him as a possibility, or is he just a terrible fit.

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

He's a locker room killer.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think the team loved him, the problems were his relationship with the front office and staff members.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mark Jackson didn't get the Warriors on the cusp of winning a title. When he was replaced, they went to another level and became the best team in basketball.

Ain't no way.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Please, no.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He was holding the Warriors back from being the all-time juggernaut that they are now. Also, his ultraconservative religious views go against the personality of the team and more importantly its two biggest stars.

7. bmd

bmd Member

James maybe... but Dwight is religious.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No. No. No.

Like others have said, he was replaced because he couldn't get his team to the next level while Steve Kerr had no issues. When Jackson was coaching the Warriors, they were no better than the Rockets of the last couple of seasons.

9. conquistador#11

mommmma you must done lost your mind

10. knucklehead3321

Young-T thats what I've read front office was his problem.

A_3PO purely speculation but they may have just needed one more year with jackson they did win 50 something games under him and either won their division or were second can't remember...they were very young. I mean luke freaking walton has them undefeated right now. I'm sure its kerrs system, im just not buying into kerr being as good of a coach as most give him credit for. He's not bad by any means but people treat him like he can do no wrong. Jackson laid the ground work and kerr most likely elevated it, or the team just got better, gained experience and grew. Noone could ever know for sure.

All that said im not campaining for the guy, just curious how people think he would fit the rockets. Whats his style like? I like the fact that hes a former player I think this roster needs that.

11. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Dwight was very religious I think when he was a rookie. Now he has some children with different women without getting married... He is no longer religious.

12. txtodd

txtodd Member

God I just can't pull it out

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As I've said many times, Kerr has the best defensive coach in basketball, Ron Adams. Because of Alvin Gentry, the Warriors offensive scheme went from a C- to A+.

It's more than just Kerr unless you believe the allegation Jackson refused to upgrade his assistants at the Warriors request because he didn't want a potential replacement on his staff because he an insecure control freak.

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Which he totally is, the Warriors had Erman tape him and he demoted Scal.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

16. conquistador#11

that's what harden said!

17. knucklehead3321

This is the kind of stuff I was was hoping for, thanks . The more I read on Jackson the more he sounds like a stubborn control freak, that wont work with morey. I just hope the rockets can get it together there is so much wrong with this team. I dont know where to start...what a depressing season so far... I'm not even sure a coaching change would fix much. As bad as I wanted mchale gone I'm kinda wishing we would have just stuck out the season with him.

OpenLayup-Why3? You just made me regret even considering this guy...

18. SJQ

SJQ Member

MJax certainly had his flaws, but I think you guys are forgetting how good he was for the development of GSW's players. Before Jackson arrived, Monta Ellis was the star of the show, Curry was a decent but injury-prone player who was stuck in Monta's shadow, and Draymond Green was just some scrub. MJax empowered his players to take risks and make mistakes because he knew it would turn them into better players in the long run, even if that meant losing some games in the current moment. He also got his players to really buy into becoming a gritty defensive team.

Kerr put them over the top with his X's and O's and ego management, but Jackson was the one who turned all of those pieces into franchise cornerstones

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mark Jackson was an immature jerk while he was at the Warriors.

The last thing this team needs is someone like him leading this team.

Just no.

20. jk103

jk103 Member

Mike Malone turned GS into a defensive juggernaut, but under Jackson their offense was still average at best. He sabotages his own staff so he can take credit for their success and he turns his players against each other to feed his own ego. He was a bad coach and bad person, and I hope someone else hires him because he's a terrible announcer.