1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Another pathetic game by the rockets today vs Memphis. What was it? Rockets scored one fg in the 4th until like 4 minutes left or something like that? Can we just fire this Morey already? Get er done les, in les we trust. Les is my main man.

2. malakas

malakas Member

A propaganda dictator ahahahaha. My god the trolls have come out of their rocks. Where were u last year?.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Come on now. Propaganda dictator - seriously? That actually boosts Morey to be more than what he is.

The consistency would be that he's a non-sports playing stat nerd hiding behind a spreadsheet, too geeky to understand the game.

Now he's some power tripping evil overlord of basketball brainwashing the masses with misinformation. That might be a more impressive feat than running the basketball deals

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I've been here since 2007 and my position has never changed. You just joined this site in 2014. Don't question me.

No other GM is on twitter, social media, sports talk radio, tv, etc... as much as Maury. The propaganda machine he has built is undeniable. It's interesting though that he's nowhere to be found when times are tough. He's everywhere when things are going well. He's a failed leader.

1 person likes this.
  5. Play07

Play07 Member

They will try to keep bicker staff this year to save money so cutting mchale won't look as bad, instead of losing 12 mill it will be 8 mill.

Morey will be on the hot seat if it doesn't work out however that will be costing les

6. Play07

Play07 Member

I've been a season ticket holder for 4 yrs, always sell games I don't go to, it's horrible now, it was better my first yr, you only get 70% of face value most games of that. It's never been this bad.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Oh yeah I question where were you posting that Morey is a propaganda dictator when the team went to the WCF. Where?
    And spare me your bull**** about seniority in forums. A troll is a troll whethere he's been tolerated for years or not.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

12 million dollars down the drain. Plus another 20 million for a respectable coach if we get Thibs. Another 20 million in missed revenue since we're not making the playoffs.

Yeah, he's on the hot seat

9. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

And I've been criticizing Kim Jong Morey this whole time as well. Unfortunately, always being Ahead of the Curve can make you unpopular here because the short-sighted masses are always at least two steps behind.

Great job seeing Morey as the failure he is from the very start, and the "Propaganda Dictator" jab sums it up nicely.

1 person likes this.
  10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I don't think he's a dictator, but you can't deny the propaganda part.

11. klutchking

klutchking Rookie

I had to join to vent, I moved up North and have tried to never miss watching a game no matter the trouble, I have never, ever been this frustrated and quite frankly I'm 100% done with the Morey ball experiment. We need to put a real offense in place to take advantage of the strengths of our players, not force players to try to fit into strengths of an unproven system. Players have actual strengths and weaknesses. Shocking. You can incorporate a system of a lot of 3's into a real offense without forcing it to be only 3's or forcing it inside. Ugh.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can you do a graph just to put the nail in the coffin for these short sighted narrow minded cookie cutter fans?

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

$50M sunk into dead money contracts for bev and brewer as well..

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Another 10 million for Dekker and brace yourself for that Dmo contract.

Over 100 million of fatal mistakes.

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Sources: I wouldnt waste my time watching this team even on the toilet seat

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Les is an idiot if he fires Morey. He will not find a better GM.

Please don't ruin this team, Les.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Morey is a good GM. Yes he is a spin doctor and will always champion a Rocket cause and make sure that the guys who deserve accolades on this team get them.

However, he has somewhat been resting on his laurels so to speak as of late. Other GMs tired of being beaten in deals? Force feeding an analytics driven philosophy without having the pawns for the game is a mistake. Sitting on your hands during a crisis on the team you built while creating a scapegoat in McHale was low even for his standards.

Morey should be bringing in the best shooters available, Euro league, And1, Fonde ... so something that will actually help the team right now.

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

It's not that Morey's a bad GM as far as talent acquisitions go... The problem is the man won't listen to anyone that thinks outside of his box and likes to stretch his influence onto the coach's chair and dictate how the team should and will play... otherwise they get the axe like Adelman...

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

he can find a coach willing to accept the philosophy and excel at making in-game adjustments..

mchale lacked the latter...

morey is the holy grail. this team will be irrelevant for at least a decade if les let's him go.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It would be great to see a graph comparing JCDenton's relative position to "the curve" versus to his popularity over time.

Another interesting graph would be comparing an average user's short-sightedness versus how many "steps behind" they are.