1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden or Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, May 12, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man our fans...turn tail ASAP.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah jesus christ

I don't remember it being this bad before

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Drogba

Drogba Member

Who needs enemies with fans like you guys?

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

According to many, you're a delusional homer if you DON'T act this way.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Last post prior to today's early morning bump was sometime in September of last year talking about Paul George being a deadbeat dad, lulz.

Why wasn't this bumped last year?

7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Man, are you guys even Rockets fans? I know it's been a horrible start - but how about standing by our proven players a bit? Everybody freaks out when a player turns his back on the Rockets, but so many fans are ready to turn their back on the #2 in the MVP race last season (and should have been #1) after not even 20 games this season.

Harden has a tendency to start slow in a season. Look up his stats the last seasons. But he also has a tendency to really turn it around.

The whole situation was bad - people not hitting their shots (including Harden), a coach that couldn't stop the downward spiral and a team that is missing a clear team leader. Harden is not the kind of leader that takes control of the locker room and right the ship. But he is still so valuable.

He just may be the best scorer in the NBA - Curry is ridiculous right now, James is the best all around player and Durant is still Durant - but still Harden can score in so many ways. Harden is clutch as hell - one of the most important things in your stars. Harden makes everyone around him better. And Harden has shown last season, that he can be a pretty decent defender.

I know, we have not seen much of that thi season. But how about standing by our players through tough times? They got us to the conference finals in the WC - now it's our time to repay them a bit by just supporting them until they can turn it around.

8. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

hahaha!

9. ibm

ibm Member

i am not interested in this george vs. harden comparison. its pointless. but do you have the slightest idea what "all around" means?

10. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

George is few steps better then harden

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

not a fair bump honestly, George went through some horrific injuries.

I don't think comparisons or who would you rather have questions are important.

Bottom line for me is that I've never seen a player give so little effort on the court.

I can't support a player like that...haven't worn my Harden gear since the 4th game of the season.

If you don't have the drive or passion, can't lead by example you don't deserve to be a fan favorite. I hope he plays well to lead the rockets to wins, but I have no faith in him leading us to a championship...whatsoever.

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I would probably have Westbrook and maybe Drummond in there too. DeMarcus Cousins if he would get his mind straight.

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Oh. and Davis of course?

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Perhaps because George was injured.

Harden played well last year, but he wasn't great. The defensive end lowers his overall evaluation. He tried early on, then reverted back to his norm. Rockets escaped elimination and made history with his *half-effort self* on the sideline, playing cheerleader. Harden's weak-minded self gets mad, diva-style, and sabatoshes McHale this season. Shockingly, we're still playing like crap post-McHale... at home and against teams that are struggling.

Harden is no leader.
    He's not a true #1.
    He's second-rate
    He's a "B"... more ways than one
    He's Pippen. Robin.

Consider the Harden-George comparison as theirall-around effort.

The answer is clear

#1994 Houstunna, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  15. Mr Chuck Norris

I don't even know why I come to this board anymore. The curry dicksuckers are just as bad as the LOF. But at least Lin was on our team. These people trash all of our players

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If you think Harden didn't trash himself, you should stay away from this board.

I'm a fan, not a cheerleader.

17. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure he means Lebron - he's calling everyone by their last name

18. Drogba

Drogba Member

Whatever you say LOF

19. Rocketeer4Life

George is better

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Paul George is a great player he's my number one wing player I would pick to become hardens side kick. With that said harden is undoubtably the better player not even a fair comparison and PG is my second favorite player in the NBA behind harden.

This comparison seems to come up every year because James is a slow starter, by years end one player will be avg 28 6/6 on 60% ts and one will be avg his normal 22/7/3 on 55%ts. I hope I don't need to explain which is which.

If I was morey I would be trading anyone on the roster for PG not named Harden that's a core you can build around for the next 5-7 years and really contend

Bev/JH/PG/DMO/Capela

Best defensive and very good starting five in the league. All parts would compliment each other perfect 2 really great wing defenders around JH with a stretch 4 who can score down low and a great pick and roll defensive center.