1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Lol "The Fire McHale will fix our problems" poster are bitter.

The truth hurt, this team need more than a new coach/system.

Is the player is all in their head.

Star with Mr Kardashian.

2. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Fixed it

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

if McHale was the problem, i don't see why you keep one of his peons....still boggles the mind.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Personal thought is that this season is already a bust if the team is determined to have JB here for the entirety.

He was basically the lead assistant. The players had as much contact with him as they did with McHale.

I'm sure if he had some bright ideas in relation to ANYTHING basketball related - it would have been implemented.

We're still going to play the same woeful offensive 'system'. Our defense might get marginally better.

Whilst I'm overjoyed that McHale is gone (went down to buy a 6 pack to watch the game during lunch down here in Sydney whilst I'm at work to celebrate) I don't think keeping his assistant is going to do much.

I hope I'm wrong. I've got nothing against JB.

I just think he's destined to fail after spending so much time with McHale picking up his tendencies.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Looks like mchales spirit is still here

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Fake news. This is why i'm not following clutchfans anymore. You guys come up with fake news and BS websites most of the time.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Gorgeous have-it-both-ways fake assessment.

8. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I was a strong McHale hater, but I'm not so quick to dismiss JB.

If Les told Harden to his face, he needs to pick it up on D. Things will get better.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree we should not try to fire JB now. This is a bad thread. But I do hope things will get better.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The team responded to JB getting fired up last night, that's enough for me for now. I think he'll be a good coach based on his old half time interviews and last night's game. It's not enough data, but it's the only data we've got so far.

Time to BELIEVE!

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I see a lot of people saying this. Did they really? They were down 15+ to a terrible Portland team for a majority of the game. It was impressive that they didn't quit and battled back, I suppose, but last night felt fluky. We'll see what the next few games bring, but jury is still very much out.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not only that, respect the new coach or not, if your coach gets fired mid season because of them loosing they BETTER get their asses fired up for the following game, hell the following 5 games.

Let's see how focused they are at the end of the season.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, they looked awful, and pretty much the same. We did do somewhat better defensively and didn't straight give up at least.

But yea that Brewer shot was one of the luckiest Rockets shot I've seen in years, that was total bs lol.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

JB was Mchales assistant we are still running the same things. However JB is clearly an upgrade over Mchale he might need a better offensive assistant coach beside him. Anyway if he fails he will be gone at the end of the season, I see nothing wrong with that set up. I hope he succeeds and the Rockets keep winning.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lol I showed the highlight of the shot today to my coworker who doesn't really follow the Rockets and the first thing she said was "oh wow that was bull****".

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If he fails, then this season and the championship talk are over. Then we're looking at next year's roster already?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If the Rockets wouldn't have kept JB & co. for the foreseeable future, the Rockets simply would NOT have a coach, or assistants, or player development staff etc. Whose going to coach the team? Morey???

You don't just fire the head coach, AND everyone else associated with him in-season, and expect that in the matter of days, a new coach to be sitting on his couch at home in Miami on Monday, and on the Rockets bench on Tuesday .... oh .... with an entirely newly hired staff. Heaven forbid they actually prepare, and practice with the team as well to install a new system & sets that the team can actually execute.

Also if Les & Morey came out with a statement about how they are looking to interview for a new staff & head coach ASAP how invested do you expect the staff to be in this team, and motivated to get them to win NOW, and how in the world do you guys expect the team to respond to an interim coach who they know is actively being replaced as we speak?

I am quite certain that Morey & Les probably already are contacting certain available coaches, and doing their homework behind the scenes. Obviously that information cannot become public for sake of distraction to the team, but I have no doubt that if JB doesn't produce a RIDICULOUS turnaround the next 30 games or whatever, its a given that they are going to go into this Summer interviewing for the best coach available for this team. Even if JB has a great turnaround, he's still probably going to have to interview to keep the job this Summer.

The chances of a Tom Thibs, or JVG walking through that tunnel in TC, and jumping on the bench in the next few weeks is incredibly unlikely. You are putting them in a situation NOT to succeed and they know that. They will want a full summer and training camp.

Let's just see what JB can do to turn around or salvage this season. Its incredibly unlikely that he's the Rockets coach in 2016/17, BUT if he is, that means we had a miraculous comeback season and as FANS (apparently) of this team we should all want that more than anything.

18. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Great post. I think he has a reasonable chance of doing very well based on what I've seen from him on the bench thus far, both as an assistant and on Wednesday night. He just seems to have the presence of a coach, and guys seem to listen to him.

He seems to be a solid defensive basketball mind but offensively we're probably going to be a work in progress. I'd like to see a quiet hire of an offensive assistant at some point.

But I still tend to think we'll be OK even if that doesn't happen. It was plain to see that the biggest issue with this team over the course of the first ten games was defensive effort. They fix that, and a lot of the other problems will somewhat fix themselves.

The Rockets need to play well defensively because a significant part of their offense relies on a good transition game and easy shots. Those shots will eventually start falling and when they do, the Rockets will be a lot tougher to beat.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought this was a great comment in the game thread. I'm not convinced yet that J.B. is quite the defensive genius people are making him out to be. Let's just see how it goes for a month or two.

20. afk

afk Member

Give the guy a break. It's only his first game as head coach. Quit bickering over Bickerstaff.