1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS responds to Calvin Murphy about Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 19, 2015.

1. coweye

coweye Member

I think he is even the president of coaches union.

2. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

all these teams and media outlets are pissed, because they know we have the talent to challenge the warriors. We just needed a new coach, as long as we had mchale they were never concerned about the rockets doing anything in the postseason

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Not surprising

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's right..but what he doesn't realize is, the team has moved on from all of that..They know Dwight won't be that Dwight anymore...That's why Howard talked about being a defender and sticking more to a certain role....he's not getting a lot of touches by design. He's not succesful enough as a post player.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

DUwhite HOWud

6. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

and espn first take has yet to talk about ronda rousey getting her ass beat by holly holm, but when anderson silva lost to weidman, they couldnt shut up

now we just waiting on triple ggg, the next hype job in combat sports to take a loss next

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Everyone clamored for more media attention for the Rockets. Well ya got it now.

Everyone taking turns bashing this team up and down.

From the high of the Summer with WCF, good draft, FA and trades to now the low in November being a punching bag.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. Anyone who watched Murph back in the day would agree. The "little guy" was a bad ass, and back then the refs let a hell of a lot of stuff go, and if you were suspended, it was usually for a game. A lot of today's NBA players would flip out if a time machine put them on the court back then. It could get very rough indeed. I loved it.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The only good that can come out of this is if this is a wake up call for everyone--Les, Morey, Harden, Howard, etc.

Les to realize that his coach sucked and you should never extend a coach until after the season's over

Morery to realize it's time to move on from said coach and get someone that keeps it real with the players when they suck

Harden to realize that EVERYONE knows he's starting down the path of prima donna and will end up more of a footnote than an all time great if he keeps this up

Howard to realize that if Harden can't be the leader this team needs then he needs to grow a pair and take over.

10. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

during the western confernce finals, all sage steele, jalen rose, and doug collins could talk about is stephanie curry, riley curry, and stephanie curry getting injured in game 4 right after harden scored 45.. it was like we werent even there

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

or none of them really actually care that much. they will keep "trying their best" and making millions of dollars, all four of them.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I watched the entire thing and the main takeaway for me is Stephen A admitting he's only watched about 4 Rockets games this season. Well then shut your hole, Steve! The fans had suffered through 11 games, including the 4 wins which were all underwhelming to one degree or another.

This team had major problems that dated back to the preseason. And Dwight was far down on that list. Him missing 3 games due to B2Bs(and 1 due to suspension) hasn't helped, but that doesn't explain all the other issues. I'm glad he brought Harden's play into the conversation, but he still tried to make it seem like Dwight was the main culprit which is absurd. Could Dwight be a more vocal leader in the locker room? I suppose, but that's never been his style.

Harden needs to be the leader on this team. If not vocally, then by example on the basketball court. And when he's halfassing it out there on defense and being a black hole on offense by emulating Steve Francis at his worst with the dribble dribble ISO-ball, the rest of the players are gonna follow his lead which is what we saw for most of the 11 games. Part of that is on McHale since he needs to have some semblance of control over his guys, but if you have to blame one player, you start with James Harden.

13. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

What did Calvin say?

14. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Kept waiting and waiting for something to jump out from the back of that truck and nothing... I finally gave up after the 35 minute mark :p

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

You dont want to make an enemy out of me

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets play better when they are hated.

17. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

This right here!!! That's my whole problem with so called experts and casual fans, they haven't watched this damn team and have something to say. All the fake outrage and saying he watched 4 games and that a lie....he probably watched ONE game that was on National TV. He's a lying @ass....he had to backtrack when blaming Dwight. When the response from Rocket nation exposing his r****dation came back defending Dwight being one of the only players worth a damn this season....We all get the 20 min back peddling spot on his show. He was exposed for trying to exploit dwight and our issues for ratings. Saying Dwight got him fired......LA fans are the pettiest f&cks in North America; they will NEVER let go that Dwight didn't want a 2nd Date. Guess what??? No one wants to date the Lakers! Get over it. If you watched Rocket games like most of us, you could clearly see the issues with mchale and this team. Yes, the players are at fault too, but when you're the coach of a team that hasn't played well since training camp?? You deserve a lot of blame. Mchale helped signed his own pink slip and I'm glad he's gone. Maybe in the future we can get a coach who can manage in game situations and make adjustments or help manufacture easy baskets with a play call. SAS can eat Arabian porch monkey nuts.

18. HookemHorns1250

I have no idea how in the world he still has a job.

Skip was a moron as well. Harden pulled up from half court because they were trying to foul him, so if they were he would have gone through with the shot, but since he didn't hear the whistle he passes it off. It was not a stupid pass skip.

19. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Next topic on: First Take ^^

20. BJE

BJE Contributing Member

I'm sure if you ask SAS's wife or girlfriend, he isn't the man that he used to be either compared to 10 years ago. Lol! SAS is biased and because of that, not a good sports analyst.