1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.B Bickerstaff Post Game Press Conference (1st win)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, Nov 18, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He is good at preparation. I remember before the last seasonings, he took the initiative to research on defensive schemes by talking to several coaches around the league. Because he's a coach's son, he knows a lot of people around the league. Then he went to McHale and said this should be the way we play defense.

I remember McHale said initially he disagreed but eventually tried JB's schemes which worked for us last year. I think the FO saw that in him.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great to see us win under the new coach.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Has done better than McHale already. 1-0.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

It's interesting that Morey decided to go with J.B Bickerstaff. I wanted T.R. Dunn to be the interim coach because he has a lot of experience when he was with Rick Adelman as an assistant in Sacramento and with the Rockets in the Yao-T Mac era. He might have learned a thing or two from Adelman. That's why I wanted T.R Dunn. Makes me wonder about what does J.B Bickerstaff have in him to win the interim coach? These games are now interesting, let's see what J.B has.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let it be known. Not one time did we go small tonight. No wonder we played better defense huh?

6. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Agree. McHale always seemed to ramble and stutter.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This coach is why we got to the WCF not Mchale.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

just not true lol . The entire OT was with brew and ariza. we actually were only big for the first 6 min of the second half and the most of the fist half.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really because it is all relative. They had one true big so did we play Jones at Center or Harrel? We always matched up with them because they have a tweener forward playing PF for the entire night and Jones played all his minutes at PF and so did Harrel and Capela played his fill in minutes at center. We matched their size which is something we have failed to do many games before

10. Franchize

Franchize Member

Calling it now, JB Bickerstaff is the next Popovich

11. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

He seems so composed, much more articulate than Mchale, and doesn't silly phrases such as "The ball was sticky" and "We're really funky" & "We didn't have juice" when talking about his team. Mchale is a legend as a player and a great guy no doubt, but is not good head coach, no shame in that. JB is a much better speaker, that's for sure, we'll see if he can turn this talented yet underachieving team around. Hopefully this win is the start of a very long winning streak, I really hope Mchale's firing is the spark that ignites the fire inside this squad. LEGGO JB!!

12. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Exactly. Sheesh (!)

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

The only thing depressing is how Bickerstaff was totally fine with our offense. We need change on BOTH sides of the game

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Wasn't Flinch suppose to take over after McHale, I could've sworn I've seen an article about him when he was in D league couple year ago.

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I mean there's only so much a coach can do, the players need to put the ball in the basket... The team needs to get in the gym hours earlier and put up shots. Double the shots they take a day, also double the shots they make in practice.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

My favorite thing about him (so far), and I know this is small, is that he was standing most of the game.

During the Dallas game the camara would pan over the court from our sideline to theirs and you'd see Carlisle standing and moving with the players... Coaching! Then it'd show McHale sitting down looking frustrated.

I like that it looks like JB cares!

17. Nook

Nook Member

Did you watch the game?

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Always like JB's interviews at the half. He was always very specific about what needed to be done in the second half, among other things. That's what you want to hear from a coach, just seconds after the half ends.

That's ironic, ISOBall. :p

Offensive system is fine. Morey needs to find better shooters.

19. Mattician

Mattician Member

Like he said. They were getting the shots they wanted. Just couldn't make them.

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

It was nice seeing him fired up multiple times during the game. I hadn't seen that in McHale in a while. I think McHale was burnt out or something.

I will be interested to see the next few games after he gets some practices in with the team.