1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Oui Magazine interview

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by johnheath, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Buck Turgidson

You're right. Arnold's more of a classical conservative than 99% of the politicos in the GOP.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ya think?? raising taxes sound classical conservative to you?

3. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

Madmax, What taxes has he said that he would raise???

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Oh yeah Max, that's what I meant. Sorry if my earlier attempt was grammatically incorrect.

I also meant to convey that if the base (of that persuasion) does vote for Arnold, then we're all more partisan than either of us could ever have conceived. I disagree with Lieberman on some issues, but I would still vote for him... but I've never felt that he was morally despicable. LOL :D

lol underoverup.

Oh yeah, I have to reiterate that I think that we should all respect Arnold for his honesty. :eek:

5. MadMax

maybe i heard it wrong...but i thought he made a statement in the affirmative about the need for new taxes.

6. MadMax

trust me when i say i'd never vote for arnold.

7. ricky-retardo

Most of the tax raising issue came from Buffet and his problem with prop 13. Arnold stated that he would only consider raising taxes in the case of an emergency.

8. Buck Turgidson

He did a radio interview (still looking for a link) yesterday and stated that he would only raise taxes "in the event of an emergency". Also, he defended his appointment of Warren Buffet (who is quite pro tax-hike) to his economic advisory council by saying that "I like to hear differing viewpoints on key issues."

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I trust you Max, but I think you'd be missing out on a great leader. :)

Great politicians are usually self absorbed schmos... the fact that Arnold vibed men for not joining in on a g*ngbang shows that he might have a hell of a future!!

10. MadMax

thanks...i guess i only read enough to be dangerous when discussing that! :)

11. MadMax

gives an all new meaning to "onward, ho," i suppose.

12. ricky-retardo

The only candidates to consider in CA are Bustamante, Arnold and McClintock. In looking at Bustamonte he has many of the same problems as Davis. He is going around and taking money from special interest groupes. Many people in CA are tired of these groups running our state. Arnold and McClintock are certainly better than Davis or Bustamante.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but really you mean the republicans are using a Christian base though they're really not ultimately concerned with the issues that base is concerned with...correct???

Max, are you finally getting it?

Max, can't you see how some of us think that the Republican fat cats who don't exactly have familiy oriented lifestyles are sort of hypocritical by courting the religious conservatives?

To quote my 79 year old mom a number of years ago. "you don't really think Ronald Ragan and Nancy are concerned about abortions?! Why everyone knows all those old movie stars were running around and having abortions!"

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm beginning to think as a Texan we should do the Californians a service and simply invade the state and call it Texas II. Anyone with me?

15. glynch

The only candidates to consider in CA are Bustamante, Arnold and McClintock. In looking at Bustamonte he has many of the same problems as Davis. He is going around and taking money from special interest groupes. Many people in CA are tired of these groups running our state. Arnold and McClintock are certainly better than Davis or Bustamante.

Well what could you expect from Ricky-r****do?:)

16. ricky-retardo

After dealing with us Californians for awhile I think Texas would give it back.

17. ricky-retardo

glynch,

Thanks for the insult. There are problems with all the candidates. I just believe that if people really want to replace Davis that they should not replace him with the same person. If you look at the replacement list there are very few legitimate names to choose from.

18. glynch

I'm sorry, Ricky-r****do, I couldn't help it.

Have you considered choosing a new name?

Please give some support for your suggestion that Arnold or McClintock take no money from special interests?

Now I understand that Arnold could probably chip in10's o f millions of his own money if he wanted to. Is that what he is planning?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

C'MON chant it with me--

Texas II Electric Boogaloo...

:)

20. ricky-retardo

Yes, the first wave of money is all from Arnold. One of his main objectives, in his few public appearances, is to not accept money from special interest groups and to regenerate small business in the state. Workers comp rates in the state are the highest in the nation and because of this and the high tax rate business's are leaving the state at an alarming rate. The problem with Davis and Bustamante is that the labor unions have them in their pocket. As a person who is involved in a small business it is becomming more and more difficult to survive. From my perspective I am looking for a candidate who will look out for the small business owners. The rhetoric from Davis and Bustamante is that California needs to get people back to work but with the way they treat small business it is very difficult to add new employees.