1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Oui Magazine interview

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by johnheath, Aug 27, 2003.

1. johnheath

johnheath Member

2. johnheath

johnheath Member

That crazy Arnold.

..gang bangs, smoking dope, cheating in competition- he probably won't get Alan Keyes' support.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I wonder if this is what Cybil Shepherd was referring to...

4. johnheath

johnheath Member

I bet not. This is only what Arnold is willing to admit in a magazine article. I think it will get much worse, lol.

Peter Ueberroth is a MUCH better Republican candidate. I hope this stuff gets Arnold knocked out of contention.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I didn't realize he was a Republican. I don't know much about his platform, but his tax amnesty ideas are good, I think.

6. underoverup

underoverup Member

Funny stuff--- :D

Arnold Details Issues with Hannity

Critics of California gubernatorial hopeful Arnold Schwarzenegger won't be able to complain any longer that they don't know where he stands on the issues.

For 20 minutes on Wednesday afternoon, national radio host Sean Hannity grilled the body builder-turn-politician on a wide array of hot-button topics, offering Schwarzenegger his best opportunity yet to let the public know where he stands.

On abortion, Arnold said that he was pro-choice, but he does not support partial birth abortion. The GOP frontrunner said also that he favors parental notification with one exception.

"When there is abuse in the family or problems in the family, then the court should decide," he told Hannity.

Arnold said he supported domestic partnership legislation but not gay marriage, contending, "I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman."

On gun control, the action star said he supported both the Brady bill and the assault weapons ban, adding, "also I would like to close the loophole of the gun shows."

Affirmative action was the one issue where Schwarzenegger was vague, telling the conservative host that "we have not gotten into" it.

"I'm fleshing it out right now and having meetings about that," he explained.

On drivers licenses for illegal aliens, Schwarzenegger said, "I vote no on that." On general services for illegal aliens, he explained, "That's a complicated issue because what we have to do is find a way of including them. . . . This is an issue that is with the federal government because the governor has nothing really - much power with those things."

But in the next breath Schwarzenegger suggested that solving the illegal immigration problem would be a priority for him as governor.

"One thing we know is we have to deal with [illegal immigration]," he told Hannity, explaining that one of his goals as governor would be "to really work those things out and come up with a solution once and for all."

He told Hannity that drug legalization "is a bad idea, although I would legalize medical mar1juana."

Schwarzenegger sounded cool to the idea of school vouchers, explaining, "I think it is very important that we work with the current system."

But he added, "As you know, with the No Child Left Behind Act that President Bush has put forward, you have a chance that if your school has failed, that you can take your child to another school."

"I think that's extremely important because it gives the parents choices," the gubernatorial hopeful said. "I think the important thing, again, is that we work on education and really make sure that the kids have the first run at our treasury."

On another hot-button issue, Arnold volunteered, "I believe in prayer in school. I think it should be up to the schools, you know, what religion they belong [to] and what direction they want to go."

Schwarzenegger said he did not support offshore oil drilling, telling Hannity, "No, absolutely not. I think that we should stop the oil drilling and I think that our state government and our federal government should negotiate to buy back the leases [from the oil companies.]"

He had praise for President Bush's conduct of the war on terrorism. "I think he's doing a great job. I supported the war in Iraq. As a matter of fact, as you know, I was over there visiting the troops in Iraq and in Kuwait. . . I believe in all that, yes."

On his controversial decision to add tax-increase-backer Warren Buffett to his economic team, Schwarzenegger said the move was in keeping with his habit of seeking out divergent points of view.

But he stressed he didn't share Buffett's opinon that Proposition 13 should be rolled back.

"I am a big believer in Proposition 13," he told Hannity. "I met Howard Jarvis in the 1970s" and told him "you are the tax protector, you're protecting the people and all this. . . I love this Proposition 13."

Asked if he would pledge not to raise California taxes except for cases of emergency, Schwarzenegger said, "Absolutely."

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well arnold isn't really that conservative and this article was 26 years ago. the stuff our past 2 presidents did 26 years before they ran for a major office was not very respectable either.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He probably didn't do have the stuff he says he did in that article. As a competitor, he was infamous for psyching out his opponents by pretending that he was out partying all the time when he was really training or sleeping.

I'm sure he banged a lot of chicks though.

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Of course I couldn't care less what Arnold did or said in his personal life or what drugs he did. Has no bearing to me on his suitability for elected office. But can we agree that, for those people who vote for him at least, the line has moved significantly. There are a lot of firsts here. It is now okay for a candidate for governor to repeatedly talk about his "****" in interviews with p*rn magazines. Drug use is okay. Orgies are okay. And can we agree too that, if he's elected, that whole ridiculous, hypocritical "family values" sham is finally dead? Gingrich and Livingston and the rest spouted off about family values and had to resign when they got caught, but this is different. Anyone who votes for Arnold does so knowing of his past and gives up the right to criticize any future candidate on these sorts of bogus non-issues. And anyone who stumps for him does too.

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Batman, did you notice on Kausfiles, etc. that Arnold is doing considerably better than that one LAT poll shows?

But back to the article, my faves include:
    I now support Arnold's candidacy... because he is candid. :D

I do disagree, however with the candidate's position on gangbangs:

Sorry Arnold... but if Harold doesn't show up during a g*ngbang, it isn't because he's self-conscious, it's because you're a naked, gross-ass guy.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Typical Republican pumped up on steroids and drugs, bragging about gangbangs and wild partying. Why can’t they ever just focus on the issues?

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Drug use is okay. Orgies are okay. And can we agree too that, if he's elected, that whole ridiculous, hypocritical "family values" sham is finally dead? Gingrich and Livingston and the rest spouted off about family values and had to resign when they got caught, but this is different.

Batman, I'm afraid that Fox and the talk radio crowd will just call this a "youthful indiscretion". Don't you remember that Henry Hyde had one when he was 47 years old?

Correct me if I'm wrong. but Arnold has never claimed to have been converted like Bush, nor has he claimed to be against abortion. I would like to see what percentage of the Christian Right votes for him

13. underoverup

underoverup Member

I am officially frightened of Arnold---I must see this movie "pumping up" or whatever, he is a weirdo.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

add this to just one more reason i think my lucky stars i'm in texas. :)

15. Achebe

That will be a telling %age. It's not as if I pay attention to what the Reich says anyway... but my intuitions about Christianity just being a vehicle for the republican party will be a bit more cemented if the Reich admits their hypocrisy at the booth by voting for Arnold.

Not that I have any trouble w/ an Arnold candidacy. Personally, the guy is my new hero. :D

btw, parents: have you guys considered a talking points scenario in which you could describe Arnold's gangbanging past? Somebody should put together a list of things to discuss to the inquisitive child... something ala:

child: mommy, what is a g*ngbang?
    mom: well, when a man. and another man... and a few other men all love the same woman, they get together and
    make love.
    child: mommy, what does it mean to make love?
    mom: well, in this scenario, the various men can have sandwiches with the woman, or perhaps one of the guys will receive head from the woman while a few other guys receive handjobs from her. The men basically line up at the woman's various, er. implements.

16. SamFisher

Great movie, though he comes across as a total prick. His father dies and he won't go t o the funeral because he's in training, among other things.

17. Achebe

SamFisher, his dad beat him as a child (as did his brother), so he wasn't too fond of either of them.

The scenes b/w he and Lou, though, break my heart. :(

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

first of all...and i know you know this but i feel like i should say it...Christianity kinda predates the Republican party...not sure it's just a vehicle for the Republicans! :) it MIGHT be a little more than that. but i don't think that's how you meant that, anyway...correct me if i'm wrong, but really you mean the republicans are using a Christian base though they're really not ultimately concerned with the issues that base is concerned with...correct???

second...i'm hearing many conservatives on talk radio and otherwise distancing arnold from any idea of being a republican...

19. underoverup

underoverup Member

Instead of the Mom insert Ned Flanders and you've got a wing-diddily-dinger of a winner. :)

20. SamFisher

awesome. :D