1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Bickerstaff Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

I co-sign he was part of the problem also, dumb to just move him up or keep him after the find a new head coach.

We need guys who demand respect, someone they're not fimilar with

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

All of McHale's minions need to GTFO as well. These guys are complete idiots.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets owner Les Alexander tells ESPN interim coach JB Bickerstaff will coach the rest of the season then be... <a href="https://t.co/QiUfgGODxS">https://t.co/QiUfgGODxS</a></p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/667051274387394565">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

broken link? anyway, rest of tweet reads: "Rockets owner Les Alexander tells ESPN interim coach JB Bickerstaff will coach the rest of the season then be evaluated once it's over."

4. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The irony is the existing system of large quantities of 3's typically works wonders if your team is shooting within the median percentage. Thing is we're not.

The offense we are playing has all sorts of advantages that were largely proven over the last couple of years. One major flaw in this team is only DH is really effective in the post and grabbing 4.7 Offensive boards in his games. The rest are doing very little. Beverly picks up part of that when he is in but he has largely been gone or un-involved. Just a bad team effort so far this year compared to previous incarnations.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just fly in Thibs and he could easily fetch a few assistants on his own..

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Sure, why not?

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

Wasn't really impressed with him during the time when Mchale was out last season.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

JB is an interim. He's basically a temp so...

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

McHale was already doing that. Harden and Ariza were both top 5 in minutes played last year IIRC.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Like it, love it, or hate it, it seems Les wants to roll the dice in the same way he did with Rudy T. I think Thibs or a JVG would be a better choice right now. Don't understand hesitancy.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The only reason I think they are keeping him is maybe the problem really was just Mchale and everyone finally recognized that. I guess time will tell.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Bickersuck, like his disciple McHale actually think Corey Brewer is worth playing. I cannot believe KJ McDaniels can't get a single minute for this scrub.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Enough of the knee jerk reactions. Not even one whole game yet, jeez

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Seriously, this guy is a dumbass.

Why is he still here?

He should have been shipped out with McHale.

I would rather see a coach-less team play until they can find a real one.

15. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Yes time will tell. To say that McHale was the only problem is simply stupid.

Let's see when the next WCF appearance for the Rockets is now.

Stupidity. That's what it is.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Les already said this guy is staying.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is dumb tbh

So many bad habits developed under the idiot McHael that you need to clean house to rectify it

If JB didn't see the bad habits under the clueless McHale, will he see it now?

And if he saw it why didn't he raise the issue?

Anyway I'm giving JB sometime while using my strong basketball knowledge to judge him just like I did with McFail

I'll be watching for minute details

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't care. The fire McHale thread eventually worked. I'm going to keep this thread alive to make sure Les/Morey don't even THINK about giving Bickerstaff a new contract, when we could potentially get JVG, Thibs, Karl, etc.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The prediction was made a few minutes ago. Hello whiners.

20. jacoby

jacoby Member

I say we fire the staff and hire this guy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/71Lft6EQh-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>