1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Press Conference 11am

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Nov 18, 2015.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

what is we lose by 20 again tonight? Then what? Does Bickerstaff make it to the end of the month?

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Parsons: Still butthurt we didn't match Cuban's offer.

Most Rox fans: Glad we didn't overpay for a role player.

3. csc177

csc177 Member

if* pardon the typo

4. dotcom

dotcom Member

2 people like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's one thing for a good team to not reach its full potential due to coaching and decide to go in a different direction. It's another thing altogether to have a team with Championship talent well below .500 and think all that's needed is a new coach. If you don't have guys who are internally motivated by the need to win and the fear of losing then I don't see how a coach can turn that into a Championship team.

1 person likes this.
  7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This is the first step. Because you can identify the guys who are the problem and start weeding them out. The dilemma is when your so-called superstar suddenly turns into the main problem. What do you do then to the monster you've created?

1 person likes this.
  8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lawson in general just plays horrible defense. Even if we bring him off the bench that defense would lose leads. I heard how bad it was but I thought it was exaggerated but man it's really bad.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

didnt know you could turn things around in one step. If you know the solution please let the rockets know. obviously you have to start somewhere and this is step 1.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's actually harden who is the worst defensively on this team and its been that way since he's got here

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for posting the video.

From watching Morey's comments, I agree that while Morey has faith in JB, JB by no means is on solid footing moving forward as a long term solution. JB could surprise and I am sure will be given every chance to secure the job, but Morey is keeping his options open.

The big take away from me watching that video is - URGENCY. That was plain as day! Morey could not be more direct in that.

13. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

hopefully, this team can turn it around, i will watch for effort tonight, if they still play like the last several games, then something else needs to be changed, i am not necessarily saying we need to release players but something else has to change for sure

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Bickerstaff was already on this team and it sucked. So unless Mchale was ignoring his suggestions or he needed to be a head coach in order to implement a system he prefers, then I'm not overly excited yet.

That said, if the team didn't realize **** was getting real, they better believe it now. Effort tonight is going to be a huge thing to watch. If they believe in JB they'll respond and dominate.

15. cbk41

cbk41 Member

No more halftime interviews with JB :(

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Well, if you read what I typed you would realize that I never said you could fix this in one step. I was simply stating that the issue here could and likely is much deeper than coaching.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Let's be honest, important players have guaranteed contracts. Other than benching them or trading them to Utah, there's not much a team can do.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

and like I said its a step. You have to take that step before going any further if need be obviously. And in your case you think its more than coaching.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I sent you an email haymitch