1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers drafting of D'Angelo Russell

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeAleck, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

NEVER... stephanie could never

he's holding Harden's 2015 mvp trophy.. and a list of other issues with how of how their team is officiated is what i have an issue with, their fans are also hateful and hate rockets players( even wishing death on harden)

1 person likes this.
  2. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Curry is probably the greatest outside shooter in the history of the NBA and helped lead the Warriors to 10 wins better than any other team in the Western Conference which is supposed to be a tough conference. Harden is probably the best flopper in the history of the NBA which makes for a very efficient scorer and helps his true shooting percentage, but that sort of deception is just bad for the game and I hope it's not the future which it seems it may be. The refs really need to step up their game and not let the NBA turn into a flop fest which it seems it is headed. I don't see how you can complain about how Warriors games are officiated when the Rockets and Harden live off of the flop out free throw parade.

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

Harden2Capela guy ****s on Howard and Curry in every single post in every single thread. Lakers' Russell thread and he's ****ting on Curry...

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

It's still too early to call on rookies.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That's true it's early but with guys like Westbrook and Wall it's "How good is he going to be when he starts knocking down a jump shot." With Russell it's "How much of bust is he going to be if he can't knock down a jump shot."

He's not real fast nor athletic, he's got to be a 40% 3 pt shooter to warrant his 2nd pick status.

6. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

stop crying, and go watch eurobasket

btw dmo is my second favorite rockets player

7. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol curry cant carry a team by himself, put him on the 76ers and they may win 5 more games if that,.... he needs illegal screens, and pick plays set for him.. plus he cant play man on man defense hahaha

harden and lebron could carry the 76ers though

8. i3artow i3aller

9. afk

afk Member

So far, this correctly defines the Lakers this year.

10. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Curry was made for the system Kerr runs. He's really taken off in the last 2 years. I'd compare it to Nash going back to the Suns in 2004

11. i3artow i3aller

Swag?! :eek::rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lakers leaned Okafor over Russell until last 48 hours before draft. Sixers had Russell ahead of Okafor on their board prior to draft</p>&mdash; Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/668859057638256640">November 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. verysimplejason

Haha... says who??? Aren't we jealous. Heroics may win you games but not a championship. Team players are the keys to winning one. Does Wade and Bosh ring a bell to you? Lbj can't lift the Heat by himself nor the Cavaliers. FACT!

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers/Russell are a mess and Byron Scott is still a ****ty coach

[​IMG]

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Byron Scott still having a job is proof the Lakers are in full tank mode.

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Yeah, he's horrible. I understand where he's coming from in that quote, but benching a rookie (A NUMBER 2 PICK) on a garbage team after not playing well just makes the kid play nervous. There is a line to be drawn, but Scott just sucks.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Russell is a complete knucklehead. He may be one of the dumbest rookies I've ever seen, and he's got a long way to go to understand the game as a floor general. But he's 19, has superior court vision, and is an amazing athlete. You roll with that. He's the future of your franchise.

Now Scott doesn't know what to do with him, Russell doesn't know where to improve, and the Lakers are going to trade away the best player they've drafted since Andrew Bynum?

Actually, I kind of like the sound of all that. Let the Lakers bumble around for a few more seasons until they strike inevitable free agent gold down the road.

But it's so early to give up on talent like Russell. He's not the first knucklehead to put it all together and become an NBA star. I don't recall T-Mac being the smartest player in the world when giving interviews either, certainly not at 19. The kid's got potential and it's not clear at all what kind of ceiling he has based on the crappy coaching and sporadic PT he is currently getting. Who's his mentor supposed to be, Swaggy P? Jordan Clarkson?

18. basketballholic

He's not a knucklehead. Lakers are botching this. They need to trade him to Philly straight up for Okafor and be done with it.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

His court vision is great but have you heard him talk? His answers to every question are completely clueless. He's a level below the usual "energy, play harder, etc..." garbage you hear from athletes. He flat out admits he doesn't know or understanding anything that goes on around him.

It's fixable, of course, with a good coach. But this guy isn't Shane Battier.

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand the Lakers are intent on tanking and Scott is following orders, but they may be doing lasting damage to the development of a very fine player in the process.