1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MCHALE FIRED!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 18, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what some will not get.

It's fine that he wasn't a Xs and Os guy...the problem is that then he was supposed to be a master motivator. I think after last year you could say "Okay, he's doing something right." and that he was motivating his guys correctly.

Now though? The team has lost 7 games. A 3 game losing streak and a 4 game one and it seems after every game they would lose more and more effort and hustle. He lost them.

2. afk

afk Member

OMG. IT HAPPENED! It finally HAPPENED!

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

only 1

4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

hire Thibodeau and D'antoni. flip a coin on who will be head coach, make the other one associate head coach. Then tell them the roles will reverse in the event of a three game losing streak.

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Turns out Mchale actually was a bad coach per les and morey! But the 99'ers told me we shouldn't fire him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. gogispade

gogispade Member

I feel sorry for McHale, but changes had to be made. I hope Thibs is coming to town!

7. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Definitely shocked. Do we have someone in mind for an immediate hire or just use an interim?

8. trigun333

trigun333 Member

So for those wanting everyone to be cleared out now. Who was going to coach the game today? Honestly some of you guys are nuts. Can't fire and hire a new coach in the new day. Interim coach is needed until someone is hired.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

HOLY CRAP!

My uber driver last Saturday told me that he's friends with a guy who works in HR for the Rockets and that McHale was going to get fired early this week. I thought about posting it here but I didn't because 1) I didn't believe him, 2) I didn't want to be ridiculed, but I guess he was legit.

Lesson of the story: believe everything your uber driver tells you.

2 people like this.
  10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Another wasted season... Dwights gonna leave

11. RyanB

RyanB Member

FINALLY

SUCK IT MCFAIL

BRING IN THIBS

12. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Wish him the best, but it needed to happen. Even if some fans couldn't admit it.

Several things are wrong with this team, but at least there's the opportunity to fix one of them now.

13. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

That would have been epic. Posters would have hated on you for 1 full week, and right now you would be basically cyberx to them. lol

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bickerstaff is ready.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Justin Bieber Bickerstaff

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Happy days are here again!!!

Signed,

Magic Johnson

18. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
    [​IMG]

19. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Thanks, Les! Did not think he would be willing to eat 10 + million of salary.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]@ChronBrianSmith
    Rockets felt that McHale had lost locker room, confidence of team. Combined with no-shows in unexplainable 4-7 start and decision was made.

Players league and #Rockets have two superstars in Harden, Howard. Very tough decision to fire McHale but Rockets felt they had no choice.

#Rockets' three consecutive 20-point losses to open season were first clear sign that something was wrong. Boston defeat hammered it home.

Feeling was #Rockets stopped listening to McHale, who'd been forced to call out team multiple times since camp. No change in play, though.

Rockets fired Kevin McHale just 175 days after team was in the Western Conference Finals.[/rQUOTEr]