1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Day Harden Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 14, 2015.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I wonder if Addidas is sweating. Surely there is an out in that $200 million dollar deal if Harden goes all putz mode

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I look forward to bringing up this thread in the future so we can recognize who are the ingrates on this board.

I bet ya'll where the ones wanting to trade Hakeem the years before we won the 'ships.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Please do not compare Harden to Hakeem. That is a huge insult to Dream.

4. Mr Chuck Norris

I wonder where these clowns were last week

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No because they are not clutchfans posters

6. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Some of us are really ****ty fans with some really weak spines. Go home and come back when we're in the WCF. Actually, don't.

7. Drogba

Drogba Member

What does Harden's social or dating life have to do with his on court performance? Who he chooses to stick his penis in is of no concern to anyone but him. Athletes date celebrities all the time considering they run in the same circles, how does that affect his game when he only just won WC player of the week a while ago.

And comparing Harden to the loser T-Mac? Really? Same McGrady that never once got out of the playoffs? Harden in the last 3-4 seasons has far more memorable post-season moments, shots & performances than McGrady mustered in a 16 year career. Harden carried the Rockets to the WCF with an incompetent coach & was a major factor in helping OKC to the finals in his last season a stage they haven't been to since.

The fact that it takes superhuman efforts from James for us to win says more about the team & coach than it does him.

46 pts, 4 rebounds, 2 assists ( 5 point win margin against the Chris-Paul less Clippers)
    43 points, 6 rebounds, 13 assists (6 point win margin against the Cousin-less Kings)
    37 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists (5 point win margin)

Most superstars with those stat-lines blow out their teams.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It would be amazing if they could get back there. But just looking at the way the talent is performing as well as the coaching, it just seems highly improbable. Hopefully by the time Dmo comes back we aren't in too much of a hole.

9. Mr Chuck Norris

You guys are so fickle like WWE fans. I see someone said when m Harden has a bad shooting game the rest of his game shuts down. I see he had 10 assists and 7 boards and yet again between him and jones were the only reason Houston got back in the game in the second half. Although he was completely gone in the first. That's on mchale for continuing to play him in the second quarter. He refused to bench him because he's the one who runs the plays, It's not like we have a bread and butter play or rub any plays whatsoever. That's exactly why Lawson is lost. I refuse to believe tu Lawson who's won on every level, got to the WCF as well by the way all of a sudden forgot how to play ball. WE LACK A COHESIVE SYSTEM, both on offense and defense, that is on the coaching staff. Our spacing is always awful I can't count how many times we got trapped in the corner and nobody is moving. THATS COACHING, harden needs to step his game up but what's that going to do, limp us to a win where he's dropping 40 again? He just averaged 40 last week and we went 4-0 is that what we're going to have to do for the rest of the year to scrape out wins? Because if that's the case....it's not going to happen. #firemchale

10. hakeemthagreat

Harden's demeanor has always been terrible. He basically pouts when he's not hitting or getting calls. He's a great scorer. But may never be the type of player to make others better. Watching the finals with OKC I thought he looked disinterested, as well as the first 2 playoff performances with us. The question is what makes his energy fluctuate so much? One nite he's on point. The other nite he can't make a layup, complete a simple bounce pass or even get a defensive stance smh. I have my theories but all of them are gonna be unpopular

11. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Didn't he have a near triple-double last night...? That's considered a bad game?
    I didn't watch it but his stat line looks better than normal so if someone can elaborate why I'd appreciate it.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Strip club and Khole Kardaishine

13. Mr Chuck Norris

Because he shot bad and it looked like he didn't care. You know who didn't care? Mchale! That bull**** flagrant harden got should've gotten mchale two take T's and an ejection.

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Thanks for the info. Yeah Harden's work ethic seems different every game. We need a motivator on the coaching staff. We have 0. (Enter Calvin Murphy)

15. Rocketeer Bang

I have always thought Harden was a fairly one dimensional player on the offensive side. He's been fairly successful in the league thus far because he absolutely kills it in that one dimension of his, which is the ability to draw fouls running into people. The problem is, he's not exactly a strong finisher around the basket. He cannot overpower people like a Lebron or a Westbrook, and he's not nimble or crafty enough like an Irving or a Curry. Honestly, he has a pretty ugly game, either tries to draw contact going into the hoop, or a 3-pointer which has been nearly non-existent so far this season. He's also added a step back mid-range jumper the last couple of years, but that's mostly the product of his iso-ball where everybody just stands around and watch.

Harden is an extremly poor off the ball player. I've said many times before, he's only charged up when he has the ball in his hands. When he's not handling the ball, he just stands around and watches on. It's as if his only goal of existence on the court is to put the ball into the hoop, because he really takes himself out of the game when he's not touching the ball.

This leads to the next question - does Harden make others around him better, because that's what great players do. Well, if his ultimate goal is to score points and nothing else, then I think you should know the answer to that question. He's been paired with Howard for a couple of years now and it's safe to say there's been little to no chemistry between the two. He's had Lawson, an all-star PG in his prime, relegated to shooting spot up 3s. Only players that could be of use to him are wings and shooters, and they are there for him to dump off when he couldn't get past his defenders. But when those guys aren't hitting, like Ariza and Thorton recently, then they are useless as well.

I don't even want to get on his D, because he doesn't play any. Even in his best year last year, he was mediocre at best. He often draws the opposing team's weakest link, and makes scrubs an instant all-star. This has happened so many times it's not even worth debating. He refuses to move his feet on D probably because there's no glory in it.

Yes, he will put up gaudy stats, but the question is how does it really impact the outcome?Our "superstar" has a broken game. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Yeah, I was screaming at Harden for his defensive and horrible shot selection.

17. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

ingrates?!? harden makes million. who do you think pays his salary, the fan, dumb ass.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You guys are all babies. Harden is shooting terrible but we suck cuz we were never as good as you guys believed. We weren't better than the clippers ever. They owned us. We just got ridiculously lucky.
    Harden has balls and we should be thankful he's our leader. Tmac always got passive in the playoffs, near the end of a series. I'm glad Harden keeps shooting

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

apart from his shooting, i see nothing wrong with his game. Fans just expect him to be perfect

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has to carry this team on his back for them to get a win, in 4 wins he is averaging 38.5ppg