1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

HE GETTING DEM CHECKS MCFAIL

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Funny post.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Has Mchale ever once taken responsibility once?

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Of course coaching matters. But dude that doesn't explain Harden's attitude or struggles from the field. We all want and know McHale needs to go there no debating that.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He had this group playing so well last year - now they are playing how everyone expected when they failed to resign Parsons.

The team seems to lack focus and something is definitely off with our defense.

At some point the coach has to take the blame, but what the heck is going on?

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden was balling out of control from the Olympics, Mchale didn't have them do anything.

7. hoopball

hoopball Member

really, shouldn't be that surprised. this is the predictable result of having no structure on both sides of the floor. we overachieved last year basically playing 1-1 street ball in the NBA... i still have no idea how we pulled that off, but what we're seeing this season is an actually more natural outcome of the current rockets system. 1-1 street ball + jacking up 3s whenever possible. even college basketball teams have more structure than this pathetic team.. smh

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

The last thing you want to do is dump a good coach when it's not his fault.

HOWEVER...

When the missing component seems to be effort, that's a problem that falls at the coach's feet. If your guys aren't trying hard enough, it's your job to find a way to make them.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

You are clueless. It's just too easy to blame the coach. 90% of this is on the players. Also, Morey is the guy that gets the players and orders the coaching staff what offense to run. Has Morey given the coaches the right players to play an offense built around three point shooting? McHale is not blameless, but there are so many others that share the blame.

Harden runs this team as much as anyone. Just like Lebron runs the Cavs. The superstars have to lead the team. Is Harden a good leader?

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

As far as I know, I have never posted in this thread. If I have, it was almost certainly to defend McHale.

I don't know what the problem is.....I really don't. Nothing looks right with team.

What I do know is that we are too talented to be playing this poorly, and the only option I see is a coaching change. We can't just flip around this roster...team construction and cap limitations won't allow it.

Things are getting worse by the day.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

true, but I think you give him a bit more time to figure out how to motivate these guys.

13. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

have you seen the plays we run compared to the cavs and warriors... being a player is only part of the job buddy

14. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

Morey made huge mistake by not keeping Josh Smith, and should not have let him get away especially to the Clippers. Josh for 2 million should have been a no brainer. Josh played defense. The Rockets lose because they can't get a rebound due to lack of size. Reggie Evans, Boozer, Hollins, is available, but Morey thinks small ball can win. We have no bigs, and Howard can't do it by himself. Clint should be played at the 4 some nights along side of Howard. Plus the Rockets live by the three and have very poor three point shooters.

#13274 pst257, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  15. archinkent

archinkent Member

This thread has been active since 2012 for a reason.

If now is not the time for something to be done, then I don't know how low we have to go for that to happen.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This post is embarrassing. I'm honestly tired of proving you idiots wrong. One after the other like cockroaches. Fine you're right I'm wrong. Mchale is a great coach Harden sucks we should trade him soon.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Adelman probably isn't avaliable but I always thought his offense was beautiful even when the Rockets were repeatedly mediocre. Rockets were considered one of the most exciting teams to watch during the Lowry/Martin/Dragic/Lee seasons.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

All I'll do is laugh at all the posters who kept defending MCahle while insulting those who saw this coming

Talks about their lack of basketball foresight

But guys we were on a back to back. It's not McHales fault. Players need to play harder

19. OpportunityCost

Lol, here he goes again blaming the players.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

As bad as Bill O'Brian has been this season he's always taken responsibility for this losses. Something I've never seen McHale do...