1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Also that was a great episode. Man that beating barry took was epic, loved the entire fight sequence. It was punishing, flashy and almost GoTs brutal.

2. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Agreed...best fight scene in this show so far. And after the beatdown, Zoom showing off knocked out Barry to the newspaper, police station, and Star Labs was a nice, brutal touch.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Zoom just snapped his spine! That was epic. Also like that zoom face to face with the reporter where he just stared her down like she was ****. Zoom is a bad ass and the show needed that. I would rather flash remain f'd up for a while so there is a build to his matchup with zoom, which will likely require the help of reverse flash because zoom made f lash his biotech last night. I'm not exactly sure how the kid was able to shoot zoom unless he knew the future somehow, so I need to hear how that happened.

4. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Definitely brutal and sadistic. I found myself wincing as Barry was paraded to the masses as a beaten down hero...

5. conquistador#11

lol linda sees who the flash is and her first thought is ' i made out with the flash'.

great episode. i just hope they don't go back in time so that it never happened.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am still hold off on the twist being that she is Zoom
    LOL

If you read all his powers and capabilities. . . . The Flash is RIDICULOUSLY over powered
    He is really only Second to Superman in DC
    [With his power set he'd crush Wonder Woman and Green Lantern . . .his mindset is his limiter]

Rocket River

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm expecting it to require everyone working together including Wells, Jay Garrick, and the Green Arrow......possibly even
    Iris' brother (in the show), Wally West AKA Kid Flash
    or more likely
    Vibe learns how to use his power to cut off the speed force

What's funny about that is that Vibe could kill the flash easily, it's all about matchups. One of Vibe's powers (which might come in handy against Zoom) is
    the ability to disrupt the speed force cutting off speedsters from their source of speed and healing

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

So, we all agree that there is no chance that Zoom isn't the Earth 2 doppleganger of someone we know well, right? I'm thinking Wells believed Barry could help him because
    Zoom is Earth 2 Barry.

9. 713

713 Member

I think it's Eddie from Earth 2. Zoom unmasked Barry and if he was his doppleganger Zoom would have reacted.

10. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Zoom is Earth 2 Joe. Book it.

11. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Zoom is
    Barry's dad from earth 2.

12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Zoom is
    [​IMG]

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Zoom is
    [​IMG]

Nah but seriously, this episode was pretty good only for the last 10 minutes. The first 30 minutes were meh. The plan to kill The Flash and Linda's montage training were boring and hard to watch. Then Zoom comes in and saves the episode. Barry got rekt.

14. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Wally west would destroy zoom.

15. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

Barry's ex was in close proximity to him while preparing for the trap. He didn't bother disguising his voice and his mask doesn't even cover his eyes. How did she not know he was the Flash? :)

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He did disguise his voice somewhat. It didn't sound like it did when he used the trembly vocal cords on Iris but safe enough that Linda wouldn't notice it were him. It's also easy for you to say he didn't hide his eyes because we all know who he is. To people that don't, he's just another guy in a mask.

Also, I feel like I know who Zoom is.... here's my semi-theory. So basically everyone has a doppleganger from Earth 2. Linda, the construction worker looking dude, Wells... so why wouldn't Barry?

Sure Jay is the Flash on Earth 2 but that doesn't mean he is the real Flash (Barry). It seems odd to me that Jay would consistently comment on how much faster Barry is than him without having a hidden meaning behind it within the show, it's been more than a couple times that he's mentioned it. Plus, when has Barry lost his powers to the point of no return. I realize that he just recently lost feeling in his legs but I'm pretty sure that won't last for very long... Barry without his powers is a lost show.

Just my thoughts, could be wrong but who knows.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Damn it, just read this.... my bad.

I guess my theory wasn't as original as I thought. I did mean to post it after I watched last episode but I put it off.

Sorry dude, totally not tryna take your glory! :grin:

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Glad to see Grodd back in the picture next week. I was wondering what had happened to him.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol, you guys missed the biggest suspect for Zoom!

He's already a professor...

The dude that combined with Ronnie to turn into fire guy.

Already a professor and was also afflicted by the particle accelerator.

20. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

There are actually two characters within the Flash mythos that carry the moniker of Zoom. The first is Professor Zoom aka: Eobard Thawne who we met last season. The second is actually the character we are seeing this season and his name is just Zoom. That said this Earth 2 version's identity will most certainly turn out to be someone else than the Earth 1 version.

I like where the writers are going with this incarnation of the character so far because he seems to be a cross between the Zoom character itself but they have given him the appearance and sinister nature of the Black Flash.