1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 11/11/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Rocketsnbeyond

We always attempt too many 3s. Another thing that kills us is when we don't get rebounds.

2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He and Thornton were the only decent ones tonight

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Good numbers, but he had a couple of easy dunks in the 4th that he went up weak with and got blocked. Maybe he was fouled(sure looked like it on the first one at least), but he has to man up and go up strong.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Jones is so bad. He can't do anything out here!

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But they were dumb 3's tonight. Hardly any of them in rhythm or off of penetration. The Rockets could easily get by their defenders all night, but they settled for contested 3's.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

It was great until the 4th. Got owned by Brook.

He challenged a lot of shots. Which in turn leaving Brook open for orebs.

I don't blame him. He can't do everything all by himself. Wing players need to come in and help him out. Not just leak out every time a shot goes up.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Glad I didn't go for this bull**** despite having tickets

I'm enjoying watching rich mans baseball at the Astros home at minute maid park

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Never thought we'd lose, but...

Rockets did the same last season losing against lesser competition and still advanced to the CFs with poor health.

We can still do well overall this season, and, hopefully we have more health to go with it.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

This year has been all talk about defense this, defense that.

Stop ****ing talk about it and show it on the court.

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Calm down.

DMo will save us.

11. NickKent

NickKent Member

Somebody tell me how the hell we lost

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Rockets YMCA style basketball at it's finest

13. Rocketsnbeyond

When 3s aren't working we need to find others ways to get points. We gave Brook Lopez blocks by attempting layups right in front of him.

14. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

A little bit of maturity on behalf of the players would help. They get paid millions of dollars and can't motivate themselves to perform. What a joke! The last time I checked, they weren't a high school team that needed their hands held.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

No timeline on this yet

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's the thing, I don't ever see players punished for these bad habits. I remember long ago when the Spurs toyed around with a lesser team Pop sat them all and played the bench.

Jones just does the wackiest things and is a ball stopper and unlike Harden or Harden he's not a good ball stopper. I mean Harden stops the ball but you know there is a chance he drains a three or gets a foul or makes something happen. Nothing good comes from this and the coach and the team lets him get away with it.

He's not a bad player but he plays outside of his role. It sort of reminds me of how Dmo played when he first started getting PT...sat around at the 3 point line trying to be Dirk. Eventually he played to his role and understood 3s were a bonus to his game, not his game.

Jones came into the league as a guy much like Harrell. Playing around the rim and yes he can handle the ball better than a lot of PFs and yes he can pass better than many PFs but it's not his game. He has to go back to playing in the paint and around the rim and do that other stuff as a bonus to his game.

17. Apollo-D12

Apollo-D12 Member

@Billsimmons keep your opinions to yourself, you know what its like to dissapoint an entire fanbase

18. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

The funneling defense philosophy doesn't work when it's your first defensive option.

You have to at least try to stop your man from the perimeter and funnel if he's starting to get by you.

The Rockets' defensive philosophy is completely broken!
    Last year's high defensive rating was fool's gold. A defense has to play as a unit to stop penetration as best as possible, then look to close on jumpshots.

On offense, Harden has zero chemistry with Dwight or Lawson. Luckily Lawson and Dwight work together. They need to pass & move until someone's open instead of standing still comfortably.

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Dwight gets 20 points 17 rebounds and we loose like this...who said they'd rather have TJones over Zach Zbo?

20. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm watching some of the highlights and on a few plays Harden is literally just standing there on defense and players are making layups and slamming on him