1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cousins for Capela/Tjones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jxl92182, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Bad idea.

Morey is actually looking to trade Terry for Westbrook straight up, or looking to trade Llull's right for Curry to improve our PG position.

Now those are the much better deals.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Then we could trade Terry for Lebron and Dekker for Anthony Davis. #Championship

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like Cousins a lot, but the money issue looms.

4. conquistador#11

maybe if they threw in an unprotected lottery pick, i might consider it.

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Typical clutch fans, looking at all the wrong deals.

Why should we trade them anything? They should be paying us to take that dead weight off their team.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I might do that, consider it for sure. Sac? Hmm, let's see, perhaps a Silver endorsed exception to have a 20 man roster? Plus an untradeable '17 pick?

7. don grahamleone

Care to explain how Cousins is dead weight? This deal ain't happening because money won't allow, first and foremost, but the other reason is because Cousins is one of the best players in the NBA. Again, care to explain how Cousins is dead weight?

I'll take your non-reply to mean you're another worthless troll who rarely gives a real opinion. pssssh... dead weight my ***.

8. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I think he was being facetious..along with the 10 people who posted right before him

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol come on Don, you should know better by now

10. don grahamleone

What a waste of space. All of the short answers that say no without explaining. Zboy's was the only reasonably thought out post I've read. The worst was something like "No. Bad next to Dwight."

How so? Seriously people, say something that matters. Make a mark. Trolling is getting pretty old and it's definitely losing every string that used to be attached to humor. Unless you're purely trying to piss people off, you're wasting space in life. Do something of value. Write well, think your answers through. I get tired of garbage posts on something that has potential.

Players that are 20/10 guys are worth thinking about. Saying no immediately to a player of that caliber without giving any reason just makes you look like an idiot.

Zippo, you're an idiot until you prove otherwise. And if you don't plan on proving, go away. We don't need you. If you think you're awesome, someone failed you along the way.

1 person likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Cousins - $15.85m

Jones - $2.49m

Capela - $1.24m

Rockets Hard Capped .... Even if you add Brewer's $8.23m you are short $3.89m in outgoing salary to make the money work ....

Cousins is a legit star with this season and 2 more on his deal .... He aint going anywhere

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

I'm no longer surprised by trades being offered on this board. It's like at least once a month someone would suggest 3 of our scrubs for a superstar. Worst part is they're not even joking.

13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

This.

14. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

How about:

Brewer, Jones, Dekker, and Bev
    for
    Cousins and Collison

15. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Pat Bev for Steph Curry

Brewer for Durant

TJones for Anthony Davis

Curry/Lawson
    Harden/Thornton
    Durant/Ariza
    Davis/DMo
    Dwight/Capela

Who says no?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How about:

TJones
    Rights to Malick Badiane
    The remainder of Matt Maloney's contract

For

Boogie
    2 2nd rounders

17. jxl92182

jxl92182 Member

Cousins is a cancer in their eyes right now. Management is looking to actively get rid of him. They already had a blowout before training camp.

Now this trade might make sense because Capella is probably at the peak of trade potential right now. I am sure every team is looking at him like you guys here salivate over him. However, it is still potential and if potential win championships, we would have a parade for Astros right now.

Throw in Tjones and maybe another first round pick Sacramento might feel they have a better future with this. They also have a history with ex rockets with Hayes so I think they certainly think enough of Morey and his talent evaluation.

Regarding the salary cap, Morey is a genius in working out numbers and if Sacramento actually agree to this, I am sure we can move around enough on the salary to make this happen.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

nm...

#38 HR Dept, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  19. jxl92182

jxl92182 Member

I also want to add they are 1-7 right now. When the season is already lost this early in the season, management will make drastic moves since season is lost already.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Couldn't a team like Boston blow most of our offers out of the water