1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fat People] Krispy Kreme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Nov 6, 2015.

1. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Pollo Campero. It's pretty good. Though there's still something special about having family come from El Salvador with boxes of the stuff.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What the hell are they eating in Cali?

Rocket River

3. Buck Turgidson

Never eaten there, just remember the hubbub when they opened. What's a traditional spice mix for Salvadoran chicken? Like your grandmother's recipe or something?

Spicy fried chicken is awesome. I bet that plane ride smells good.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Don't live in Texas but Texas has damn good food. Shipley's isn't as good as donuts I have had in Seattle, outside Kansas City and in Round Rock.... But for a chain? Excellent.

Blue Bell is very good for mass produced ice cream and Whataburger is the best fast food burger chain I have found...

Chicago has really good food.... LA too... but Houston can hold it's own with any of them when it comes to food.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Best donuts I've ever had were at O Face Donuts in downtown Las Vegas. Nothing comes close.

Stayed in downtown. Looked up random breakfast joints near my hotel for my birthday, and saw they had great reviews. Had a Cherry pistachio donut and it was out of this world good. Prices are reasonable, too.

If you're ever in downtown Vegas, give this place a try.

I can't stop thinking about them now. Apparently, their menus changes. I want to go back to Vegas now.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I freaking love Westheimer, especially west or near east of the Beltway, but I grew up on the Ship Channel and rode the bus at U of H; so my standards are much lower. I did some studying at Agora a little over a year ago and when I went out to my car my rear driver-side window was smashed in. My dad moved to Seabrook when I was in college and I thought NASA Road 1 was like the PCH.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

There's still a line down Westheimer. I obviously need to open a Krispy Kreme.