1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela 21 years old with potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

Clint received his D-League time last year, and we're seeing the positive effects of it. He looked completely lost when he played around this time last year, but when he came back up to the Rockets near the end of last season he demonstrated exponential improvement. Now he's far more prepared to conduct NBA-level on the job training, and improve his game even more. Barring injury, we should be seeing bigger leaps between this season and next, because he's receiving more responsibility and trust from the coaching staff, and he clearly has been developing his game.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

What 21 year old center from Rockets history does this remind me of?

Oh yeah.

I still feel as I did by the end of the regular season last year -- Capela is my only untouchable on the team except Harden. I don't even want to hear offers for him. There is no way we could win a trade involving Capela. We win big by keeping him though. He's just getting started.

1 person likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would be delighted if he proves me wrong, but Hakeem was more advanced and more experienced when he joined the Rockets. It was only a matter of time when he would become a regular 20-10 player. I don't see that in Clint.

4. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Who...?

5. dabush713

dabush713 Member

Ray Lewis with a basketball

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

only in my dream lol...more like DEKE upside tho which ain't bad at all in my opinion

7. indo

indo Member

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Is there a gif of his iimmediate dunk after a missed shot last night against the Clippers?

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I think he can be a 20-10 player, but that is still like 3-4 yrs down the road. He certainly won't be on the level of Hakeem, but he doesn't need to be.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

2015 draft comments:

hopefully not a swiss miss.
    euro-stash overseas.
    one of the 50 best players in switzerland.
    not ready to play meaningful minutes.

check the nba draft vid on youtube. :)

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And The Rockets wanted him to stay in Europe, yeah, glad Capela said no.

DD

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

you're judging clint's future on about 35 total games in the NBA... You should be an NBA scout or development coach.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The D League competition is horrid. He's past that level now. Besides do you want to see a big man rotation of Dwight - Harrel - Hayes?

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I remember all the negative things that were said by "experts" about Whiteside. At 21 you look for the physical attributes and mental make up. Capela has exceptional footwork, his defense on Curry out on the perimeter was near perfect. You can see the kid cares about his game. He put in the work in the offseason, I can absolutely see 18/10 out of him in the future. I see a taller Ibaka with less range but better post game from him

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Agree. Had he stayed in Europe he would be spending his season in D-League this season. Instead he is possibly the best back up center in the league right now. Super valuable.

16. cebu

cebu Member

he really his a lot of upside. this is a good pick up by Morey.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

White side has turned into a damn good center. He is probably an all-star this season. Clint is light years ahead of where Whiteside was at the same stage of their careers.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think he can be 18 and 12 with 3 blks.

Maybe even turn into the best center in the league in 4 years. Morey prob hit on his best draft pick yet this guy has star center potential in today's nba.

I love that harden and especially Howard have taken him under their wings. James talks a lot about building chemistry with Clint for the future and dwight wants to get him going to give him big help and prolong his career. I love it we need to keep both guys for the next 5-10 years. Capela for the next 10 lol

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

I can absolutely see him as a 16-12-3 player if he just gets more minutes...he wouldn't even need to improve. Those guys get max contracts.

If he improves...20 points per is definitely possible.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

bench Howard?

[​IMG]