1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haren back in full effect the 15-16 season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donkeypunch, Nov 6, 2015.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

The op is such a fukn ungrateful little b****

GTFO out of clutchfans and follow the timberwolves or the hornets

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

1 person likes this.
  3. beardsanity713

Casspi was giving Harden buckets last night i watched at least 3 times he just drove right past him

4. thesimp

thesimp Member

Classic post

Any discussion that's not complimentary towards a team or its players means they should switch teams.

Silly, juvenile logic

5. vlaurelio

Doesnt relentless and agressive play all night leading a team to a WIN on the first of back to back road games without its 2nd best player and 2 power forwards with twice in 30 yrs performance of 43 pts 13 ast 6 reb deserve anything other than praise and compliments?

6. thesimp

thesimp Member

You forgot to mention SAC sucks and was without their best player.

Harden usually plays good/great offensively, but there are 2 sides of the court. I wish he had more dog in him in that regard.

7. vlaurelio

Lol harden is good offensively?

And you know who let the kings stay in the game? Its the kings bench and the rockets ______

8. jxl92182

jxl92182 Member

Someone mention about my lack of post after joining here for 13 years. Well some of you take this way too seriously. Enjoy the discussion for what it is and have a laugh when warranted.

OP coming up with such clever lines deserve at least some internet points here. No instead you guys rail him and call him whiny b!tch.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Because as long as we get the W, nothing else matters?

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The thing is this moronic OP just wants to blame Harden for making 2-3 bad defensive mistakes and say "HE ALWAYS DOES THIS".

I rewatched his defense pretty closely, he wasn't a lockdown defender but he had more moments of stellar defensive rotations and plays than bad plays.

But no, because of Harden's history, he gives no effort and is a terrible defender because a few mistakes were made.

He's not going to be an elite defender, but he is a much better defender this year. Only times they were able to go on runs when Harden was in was with Chuck Hayes and Montrazl Harrel playing like crap on big man rotations.

Harden has doe a much much better job defending rolling big man to the rim. He's moving his feet better on defense, but is took 2 bad angles on rotating, and had one miscommunication. That is part of an NBA game, but no "mistakes happen with Harden more often than not"

If you expect him to not make mistakes, I highly suggest you learn how basketball is played and actually observe whats happening on the court.

1 person likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

So those 3 bad plays in the 6th game of the season deserve a thread generalizing a players defense for the whole season?

What do u remember about last season? How bad hardens defense was?

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Harden's defense in the first half of the season was great, but it regressed by the second half and was awful in the playoffs. He's looked more bad than good in this young season, but so has our whole team.

13. vlaurelio

He held his ground against reddick and thompson. Even lebrons defense cant slowdown curry and the warriors offense

You dont see the improvement in his defense in the last 3 wins vs the first 3 losses?

14. ibm

ibm Member

dont know about this season, but wasnt gsw the top-rated team in defense last yr.? that was one big achievement of steve kerr they said, no?

to me it's all about a fine balance. you cant over-stress one side of the ball and ignore the other. it doesnt work that way.

and, if you overlook defense in the regular season, how do you all of the sudden "ramp it up" in the postseason?

15. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Just checked the score last night and it seems as the Rockets scored more points than the Kings resulting in a mark in the w column.

By all accounts shouldn't we all be happy?

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Not at all, having a lead almost EVERY game even looking back to even last season to watch it dwindle down in a Clipper like collapse is unacceptable.

To build a lead we look like a well oiled machine.
    -passing is there
    -spacing
    -moving body's
    -hustle

After all that they relax, (even mcfail) take foot of the gas and Harden goes into showboating mode which i hold into account as bad as McHale's coaching.
    He applies glue onto his hands and starts with the iso's.
    Movement halts and Mchale has no discipline to draw anything or override Harden.

If i hate one thing it is Mr. Itoldyaso
    However that was me last night as i cringed the more and more we built onto the lead, knowing exactly there was going to be a replay from the Miami game. The funny part is you can see how clueless the coaching staff is by not recognizing it and adjusting.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

The op set the tone with his childish thread title and silly, juvenile first post.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Well, good points- I guess they did have good defense (GSW), maybe I homeristically refused to acknowledge this.

Ramped up defense is all about effort, passion and of course talent. We all know players ramp up depending on various external or internal factors. It happens, we see it with Dwight and beard don't we?

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Bumping for the nostalgia and for all the nay sayers. L O L