1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm sure they had plans for Reigns to win the belt eventually, but not at SS. I don't think they will hotshot his title win like this considering how they clearly want him to be the big thing.

So I think they will go with a transitional champ, which could be a god send for the company, give it to somebody new. Don't bring back a part timer, and don't put it on Reigns or an old guy like Big Show.

Wyatt, Ambrose, Ziggler, Owens, Cesaro could all be instantly validated as top guys. Maybe they even excel when given the chance. But I expect it will go to a part timer, or an old guys. Or possibly Reigns with a Sheamus cash in. All of those possibilities would be lame IMO. They are in desperate need of some full time main eventers right now.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm a huge Cesaro fan, so there's bias here.

Wyatt: Embroiled in his own Wyatt fam / Bros of Darkness "feud," so they're probably not going to put the belt on him.

Ziggler: I don't think there's enough of a push, right now, with him. He's still feuding with Rusev, right? Or is that pretty much swept under the rug now?

Owens: They could put the belt on him, but he'd have to lose his IC belt pretty quickly. He's not exactly feuding with anyone right now, and I really don't want to see Ryback be champ again.

Cesaro: For the love of God, put the belt on this man. Cesaro doesn't need me to explain why he's the best choice right now. Moveset, power, agility, and he just has the "look" of a WHC. The only thing he doesn't excel at is on the mic. And I'm not sure how to remedy that, especially if Heyman couldn't strike gold.

I'd say put Cesaro with Colter/ADR, but it's gone to Mex-America now. I wish Colter built a stable of international wrestlers - that would have been fun.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh, and Ambrose. When's the last time he did something significant? This is nothing on him, and all on the writers / creative team for the WWE, but Ambrose is very talented, yet all he is, is a backstage ghost relegated to congratulating Roman after a win, or consoling him after a loss.

Like Ziggler, Ambrose just has not been pushed hard, so there's no momentum (and thus no reason) for him to get the belt right now.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Of all of their screw ups the fact that they haven't pushed Ambrose is the bigggest. He has the size, mic skills, and he was over. Yet all they have done is reduced him to Reigns sidekick. They can't give him the belt because he would instantly become the bigger deal than Roman, and that's all they care about is getting him over.

Cesaro is equal or superior to Reigns in every way, he just doesn't have pretty hair. It really drives me crazy how they hold Cesaro's bad mic skills against him, but are perfectly OK with Reigns cringeworthy promos.

Wyatt always loses. Owens doesn't have the look, and Ziggler is just there to work matches, not actually mean something. They've booked themselves into a bad corner where Reigns is literally the only guy currently on the tour that would make a viable champ kayfabe wise. Which is why I say they just need to give to somebody, current push be damned. It's a tournament, winning 3 or 4 big matches is it's own momentum. But knowing WWE, I think it's almost a guarantee that Sheamus or Reigns is the champ pretty soon.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That'd be the best thing to watch live, I just can't imagine them going to the same well twice for mitb. If they intend to make it the biggest mania yet then it's surely in the books, and a failed attempt even better.

That's true, but I was assuming a soon-to-come heel turn from Reigns or more likely Ambrose, and that feud to raise them up to main event level guys. Without Rollins now, I'm thinking they need to fast forward that turn. They all of a sudden need a new guy to carry the show, and worse is that there's no heel primed for the top spot, maybe New Day like the end of that recent RAW. And it's so far down the line but when Rollins does return, that reaction is gonna be so ridiculous that he'll have to be face at least for a little bit.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I optimistically agree that the tournament itself is its own push for whichever guy they decide to raise up. I hope it could be anyone, it's not like anybody predicted Ziggler to carry last year's Series. Sure it was meant for Reigns and it also took the debut of Sting but it showed them that their roster has other guys who can do well in the main event.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Anybody get their Wrestlemania 32 tickets?

was able to get 4 from pre-sale and 4 from the public sale today

looks to be sold out already

8. body slam

body slam Member

WWE is returning to Toyota Center on Friday Jan 8th do you guys think this show will sell out? I want to get my nephew tickets as a b-day X-mas combo gift.

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Got 4 last night. Wow, sold out already?!

10. Dave2000

House Shows aren't usually as popular as TV events, shouldn't be sold out

It's predicted it will be sold out by end of day, when I did a search for some, most of them behind entrance ramp

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

By 10am all the seats that ticketmaster were giving me up to 350$ were 144 and 200s that were behind the entrance area. I spent the whole morning trying to luck into the bright green section.

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

Just keep searching I got frustrated that I couldn't find anything I really liked so I ended up getting some nosebleeds (first tickets I got that weren't behind the stage).

There's no way this will sell out that fast...at least i don't think so 100k+ is a crapload of wrestling fans.

13. Dave2000

they are coming from all over the world...this year's Wrestlemania didn't have any problems selling out Levi's Stadium at over 76k

kind of sucks it is the same weekend as the Final Four being at Reliant

14. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

The idea that makes the most sense business wise is putting the title on a HEEL turning Roman. Heck to make the tournament even bigger is to put Brock in there and have him lose in the semis via dq, accidently hitting the ref or something from losing his composure.

In the end it should be Roman and Ambrose in the finals. The crowd are gonna side more with Ambros anyway and are gonna resent a Roman win so it makes all the sense in the world that he goes heel and becomes the Authority's new corporate champ.

History repeats itself just like how fans refused to get behind goody two shoes Rocky Maivia and it was clear he had the machine behind him. Remember the "Rocky sucks" and "Die Rocky Die" signs? He went heel for Vince and ran with it. As should Roman. Ambrose becomes a main event star and feuds with Roman in the short term until Cena comes back and Rollins and possibly Daniel Bryan as viable contenders.

15. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm hoping for a Dean Ambrose Vs. Roman Reigns final... Than at the end after a hard clean fight have HHH walk down to the ring, toss Roman a sledgehammer have Roman knock Ambrose out for the 1 2 3 and remind Dean Ambrose there is always a plan B.

It gives Roman the title and a much needed character change while propelling Ambrose to another level of baby face. Win win imo

17. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Exactly. That'd make for some compelling TV going into Wrestlemania season.

Ambrose could feud and be elevated by being in the Main Event picture with Roman and also buys time for Orton, Cena, Daniel Bryan and Rollins to heal from their injuries.

What would be the biggest money match for the Wrestlemania 32 tho?

1. Daniel Bryan makes a surprise return and wins the Royal Rumble?

WWE Heavyweight Championship Match
    Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns (c)

2. Brock Lesnar enters the 2016 Rumble and wins it?

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (c)

3. Dean Ambrose wins the Rumble

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (c)

4. Cena becomes a 3 time Rumble winner

John Cena vs. Roman Reigns (c)

18. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Somebody listens to Sam Roberts podcast!! ;)

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lol that actually was my first time... I had to find another wrestling podcast after they shut down grantland.

But I mean I was basically thinking the same thing

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I didn't even need to listen to somebody else, it's such an obvious and effective way to book this. This is exactly like 98, they turned the Rock, got Mankind babyface sympathy, got the belt back on Stone Cold, and had Rock turn back face almost immediately after Wrestlemania. They used a transitional situation to turn 1 babyface star into 3 babyface stars.

They can do this exact same thing with Reigns and Ambrose. Give Reigns a chance to cut some more natural heel promos, which is really his only significant weakness. Have him drop a match or 2 as a heel, and then start the face turn. It's so freaking simple.

But I bet it's Reigns v Big Show in the tournament final, that's just the way they roll these days.