1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Les Alexander has brought up a coaching change to Morey if things dont go as planned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 6, 2015.

1. GMNot

GMNot Member

I tend to agree.

I've always considered Alexander an even-tempered, rational person. If this is true then I have to reassess that consideration.

The team still doesn't have D-Mo. So if there are going to be ultimatums and accountability, let's also see some stiff questioning of keeping the players healthy and speeding up recovery. McHale never had a full complement of starters in the preseason. Give the coach a full quiver of arrows before making a rash judgment this early. Players have no accountability in the poor start?? As McHale has said, these guys have played BB most of their lives. They've shown in the last couple of games more heart and focus than in the first 3 games. Do they need to have their diapers changed by the coach when they soil themselves?

It is true that Alexander has been willing to pay for the best talent the Rockets have attracted and/or drafted. But IF Alexander did say this, I'd think it equally as valid in hoping for a new owner. This would have to be classed as knee-jerk at this juncture given that injuries still haunt this team. And who are "Sources?"

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gundy Gundy Gundy

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Man you guys are killing me with this DMo stuff....

It will be 2 years before he's back to where he was and THAT'S IF... I mean IF he doesn't have a set back..

Rockets need a PF right now in the very worst way...

T_Man

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Technically correct, although JVG always says in interviews he was fired. Of course, that might be spin on his part.

5. tdo

tdo Member

I can't rep you anymore, but a freaking fantastic post!

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/yH0U9E28MJqPC" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/sick-classy-vomit-yH0U9E28MJqPC">via GIPHY</a></p>

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Is this the new circle jerk thread?

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Regardless of how JVG felt, at no point in his ownership has Les been paying two head coaches at the same time. Can't imagine that he is going to start now.

9. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

If it happens I do hope its over the summer. McHale deserves to finish the season his way, im sure he can right the ship. We just need to gel for a bit with the addition of Lawson, besides by trade deadline this squad will be completely different. Right now players need to find good form to carry them to All-Star Break.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Just saw this thread and I couldn't have imagined better news when I came here other than a change had already been made.

I have no doubt now that we will have a new coach because mchale is not going to get 'er done.

11. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

I'm not a huge fan of McHale because we can all agree he isn't an X's and O's coach. He's really here to attract players. But he hasn't had a healthy team to put out on the court... That's a tough situation. Kind of like Brooks last year losing his job. Wasn't his fault Durant was out a lot of the year. But that's professional sports.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

McHale doesn't only attract players. He is totally unimpressed by any of the "stars'" claims to greatness and can always demand more from them, and they know that. He is an NBA player who did way more than everyone on the team, and every Rocket knows they never reached McHale's level yet.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Kevin McHale to every Rocket: "I'm one of the 50 greatest players of all time. Who the #&$@ are you? Get it in gear, b****."

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Don't let Orlando beat Toronto!

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

55-49 Raptors...Majic...brutal stretch for the Majic to start the season but they've been in every single game so far

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why would this happen at 2-3, not 0-3?

17. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

If we lose to the Kings here in Sacramento, Mchale should be fired on the Tarmac Lane Kiffin style

1 person likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Les needs to look into hiring a new GM. One smart guy that comes to mind is Dave Hardistry, massive potential sleeper.

1 person likes this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I agree but that doesn't actually seem to play out in reality. He doesn't strike me as a disciplinarian or a stickler for details.

I don't think mchale is all that much of a player magnet either.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Orlando giving the Raptors all they can handle