1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Spike Lee's 'Chi-Raq'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Nov 4, 2015.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Visually interesting. Even a bad Spike film can be interesting. Based on Lysistrata, a Greek comedy by Aristophanes. But f-cking Nick Cannon makes this a redbox joint.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/144523728" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/144523728">CHI-RAQ Trailer</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/40acresandamulefilmworks">40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This movie does not look like it will be very good.

3. Nero

Nero Member

There is still hope for M. Night Shamalanaram to have a nice long profitable career making movies.

Spike Lee should inspire ALL who aspire to make bad senseless films to Keep On Keepin' On!

4. what

what Member

When I was 17 I went to see School Daze, without any context about what I was getting myself into.

Other than What Dreams May Come True, that film confused me the most. I mean now almost 30 years later, I can watch the film, and understand it, but back then I had no clue what I was watching.

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Obviously you never sat through "She hate me". :mad:

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw the trailer and all I could think was .. . . . . Not What I Expected
    So
    I have to reassess and readjust my expectations

It won't be in theaters -- going Straight to Amazon Prime I beleive
    So . . .no need to what for DVD

Rocket River

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Spike has been hit or miss since Hakeem blocked Stark's corner three in game 6 of the NBA Finals. But he still has some gems that M Night could never make.

25th Hour, Inside Man & 4 Little Girls are near masterpieces. But then he'll make some rubbish like Girl 6, She Hate Me. Mircale at St Anna & Da Sweet Blood of Jesus.

I don't hold him responsible for the Old Boy remake. That was all Lionsgate and the proiducers fault.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The 25th hour is a truly a great movie. He gets a little pushy with pushing some of the 9/11 themes in the movie but there is a point to that I guess. Love that film.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Having a primarily black cast and social commentary makes it a Redbox joint, Mookie made enough directing train and hostage films to go back to filming fight scenes at KFC, musical numbers about no lye relaxer and giving Vanilla Ice his biggest hit ever.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

From the trailer it looks pretty amazing.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not sure what to make of it. Will wait for reviews

12. VanityHalfBlack

If this is really going to amazon prime and not some bum ridden theater, this is awesome.

13. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Nick Cannon as a southside gangbanger. I believe it.

14. Buck Turgidson

Summer of Sam was good too.