1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I've actually never been on a school bus with a seatbelt?

Does that mean you're like his mom....driving him to school?? I never thought of you that way, tinman.......

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Zboy, I got worried cuz I didn't see any of your posts on this page. You didn't get kidnapped by any LOF's, did you????? Gotta always be wary of those rascals!

3. steady

steady Member

What has this thread become - does everyone just say the opposite of what they think. LOL

In case anyone is interested in some numbers -- he got his 15 points In under 19 minutes on 4-8 shooting - 2-2 3 ptrs - 5-5 FTs - he had 5 rebounds - 4 assists - 1 block

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOFs, misspelling he since 2012.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What has not been mentioned is that he got them mostly in the second half with his team already up up between 20-30 points.

He was 1-3 in the first half.

Carry on. :grin:

6. steady

steady Member

thats right but as you probably also know it was also the second unit led by Lin that broke open the game -- in an eight minute stretch in the first half extending the lead from 10 to 24?

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not true at all.

You will have to clarify what your definition of "led by" is.

Breakdown of the stretch you are talking about.

• Lin brings the ball and hands it to Lamb near half court line. Lamb drives and scores
    • Lamb drives and kicks it out.
    • Batum brings the ball over and hands to Lamb who makes the play for Zeller for slam.
    • Lin passes to Hawes for a three.
    • Lin brings the ball and hands to Batum near half court. Batum drives and finds Zeller for te three.
    • Lin drives and misses a layup.
    • Lin brings the ball and hands it to Kaminsky near half court line who hands it over to Lamb
    • Lamb takes a pass from out of bounds from Williams for a made jumper
    • Lin brings the ball and hands it to Kaminsky near half court line …ball rotates and Hawes makes a move for a floater and a basket.
    • Lead at this point is 19
    • Lin brings the ball and hands it to Willaims near half court line. Williams finds Lin in corner who gets fouled attempting a 3 pointer by Gibson. Foot on line. 2 FTs.
    • Lamb brings the ball over the half court line, makes a quick move and jumper for 2 more points.
    • Lamb brings the ball over the half court line, passes to Frank who drives and finds Hawes for a 3 pointer.
      Lead is now 21
    • Jeremy Lamb brings the ball. Lin gets the ball from Hawes and hits a three.
    • Kemba Walker is in now. He brings the ball over and finds Lin for a turnaround jumpe in the lane r which Lin misses.
    • Kemba walker brings the ball over…runs pick and roll and eventually makes a 2 point shot. Lead is now 26.
    • Kemba Walker brings ball over again and runs pick and roll and finds Kamnisky for a made 3 pointer.
      Lead has ballooned further. Kemba is actually leading (I cringe when I say this).

So how exactly did Lin "lead" the Hornets. He hardly ran any plays. Most of the time he was bringing the ball over to the half court line and handing it over to a a big guy and then Hornets would rotate the ball. Kemba, OTOH, once he came back in, was running all the plays, even when Lin was on with him for about 2 minutes.

Hornets were moving the ball as a team, getting open looks to whoever, and Bulls were just pathetic. In fact, if anyone was "leading" them at that juncture, it was Lamb, who was breaking their defense with his drives and jumpers.

Which is not to say Lin played bad. He played under control and played within the system without forcing the issue and took what the defense and opportunity gave him. Wont satisfy most of his hard core fans but, ironically, this will earn the trust of his coaches more than him trying to do too much.

#2987 Zboy, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

You're just too funny.

Jeremy Lin enters game with 3:14 left in 1Q, Hornets up 26-16. By 7:09 left in 2Q the lead was up 53-29 (ie 10 pt lead to 24 pt).

During this period, yes other players scored, and did it without Lin assisting (duh).

But Lin just happened to go 4/4 on FTs, hit a 3pt shot, and assisted for a 3pt shot, a 20ft jumper and for a layup. That's 7 points + 7 points on assists, or 14 out of the 27 points. That's more than half of the Hornets points during this run. That is actually more than the Bulls scored during this period.

He also defended Aaron Brooks into missing two jumpers, secures a defensive rebound to end the 1Q, and blocks a shot on E'twaun Moore's.

In this 8 minute stretch, as the point guard, he pushed the pace and the team scored 27 points, which adjusted for a full quarter is around 40 points.

I would say that he made an impact scoring, distributing, drawing fouls (3 - one each on Brooks, Taj Gibson and Doug McDermott), defending and pushing the overall pace.

But shake my head Lin had no impact on the lead widening.

9. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

And only after the lead got to 24, or at 53-29, did Kemba Walker get subbed back in.

But I can already see ZBoy's reply. Probably related to Eastern Conference sucking.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ha! Pushed the pace. He was jogging the ball up and handing it over to the first man at the half court line. Stop lying. Nothing new here. Lin fanatics will lie to make their point.

Also ha! at saying I said he made no impact. Re-read my last line of the post. Once again, you got caught lying.

My breakdown clearly shows that there was no one leading that unit in that time period.

Almost every single play was made by ball rotation and movement. They played within the system.

Now re-watch when Kemba Walker comes in and how the plays were being run.

What is up with you guys trying to steal the thunder of his teammates to make him look good and then blaming it on everyone else when he does not do good?

Another thing that never changes. :grin:

Also, thanks fro bringing something up which I completely forgot....Aaron Brooks! :grin::grin::grin:

#2990 Zboy, Nov 5, 2015
  11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Haha, watch the game. You can deny it all you want. But if you had a direct hand in half the points scored and had a direct hand in the opponent missing 3 shots during a period where the lead balloons from 10 to 24, you pretty much had impacted the the lead widening.

And if you were running PG and bringing the ball up and getting the team into its sets during a period the team scored at a 40pt/quarter adjusted pace, you'd have done some 'leading'.

And it is pretty obvious you're trying to troll this into Lin vs Walker debate. Not having it. Nobody is taking credit away from Lin's teammates. If you look at the Hornets, the scoring is spread out, the shot distribution is spread out, and the team plays fairly cohesively (despite its lack of great talent).

I'm just shaking my head at someone who thinks that direct involvement of 14/27 points at PG + defending into 3 misses during a 8 min period where the lead balloons from 10-24 = not the reason for the lead ballooning.

That logic pretty much shows your basketball understanding is skewed by the player playing.

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Lin farted then it's the fault of the racist people at the Mexican restaurant serving him refried beans.

Zboy,

these LOFs don't care about basketball logic. They just want to preach and be protective of their hero Jeremy Lin.

Now their blood boils with jealousy seeing that other teammates have risen like Lamb and Kemba, pushing Lin out of the spotlight.

they didn't show one Lin highlight on Sportscenter.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bringing the ball over and handing it over to some dude at half court-line = done some leading.

Thanks for the laugh and making my point!!!!

[​IMG]

And Kemba mention wasn't about Lin vs Kemba. Why so insecure all the time???

It was to show you the difference between leading or runinng the plays and playing within the system and ball rotation.

But clearly you are not interested in the truth. You guys never were. You have already been caught lying twice now.

#2993 Zboy, Nov 5, 2015
  14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Just because that player is Lin, doesn't mean you have to not give credit where credit is due.

Just like some other poster. **** LOFs rejoicing at 15 points 5 reb 4 assists and 50% shooting as if it was a great game. Dude, it came in 19 minutes. It was a pretty dame good game. +21 in 19 min. Must have done something right. Just something.

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Tinman's stand reply for getting owned on facts.

16. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

ZBoy's standard 20 line become 2 line reply on getting owned by facts (with one line having nothing to do with how he got owned on facts).

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

And you can at least using some Asian joke like your tried and tested kim chi, chopsticks, victoria peak, kowloon night market ones.

Leave the good Mexican people alone. Leave them for Trump.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I've never seen a more average player generate so much controversy, it's unfathomable!

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You got caught lying a third time within last 10 minutes.

Oops!

You are letting your emotions get the best of you!

Just not a good day for you!

20. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

You said Kemba was leading. Lin was not leading. They're both PGs on the team. One sub the other one out.

Hmm ... that's not Lin vs Kemba.

Ok ...