1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 11/2/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2015.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Did you fail remedial grammar class?

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah I'll have to disagree as well. KD was out last year, he will get better, which is a pretty scary prospect. Donovan will figure out that he doesn't really have a bench as well.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I've always agreed that they are a 50 win team. Those first 3 games were unnecessary though, and should not have happened.

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ty Lawson said he didn't want to step on toes &amp; mess up the system but now &quot;I feel like me not being aggressive was messing up the system.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/661402187185045506">November 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/QUOTE]

Someone should have told Lawson that there is no system to mess up.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well they were up by 20 Sunday, maybe he was talking about that? Before the collapse of course.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Someone should have told Lawson that there is no system to mess up.[/QUOTE]

I think he was shocked that there isn't. It's just freelance basically.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Marcus Thornton was streaky yesterday but I loved his effort on the boards and on loose balls.

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Yeah, the guy is showing heart... Definitely becoming a fan favorite.

9. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I was glad to see them play with heart for 4 quarters. Feels like the preseason is finally over 3 games too late.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Someone should have told Lawson that there is no system to mess up.[/QUOTE]

The lack of a system qualifies as a "system."

11. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

He is an actual floor spacer, and he won't kill you defensively against second units. I think even when we are fully healthy he should get the backup SG minutes instead of Brewer. I like the fact that he doesn't play out of control like Brewer does. So far this year Brewer has been REALLY BAD.

I think Brewer, KJ, Dekker and TJ are all in the mix to be packaged in some form for an in-season upgrade. Brewer, mainly because his salary will be needed to bring in anybody worth a damn. The others because of their youth and potential to improve.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Brewer hasn't been great so far in these first few games of the season... but don't forget what he did last season.

He would often come off the bench and bring the contagious energy and would often spark a run.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

The lack of a system qualifies as a "system."[/QUOTE]

who's more credible here, the player actually on the team or the person sitting behind a computer who thinks they know. Hard to answer.....

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We desperately needed that 2nd playmaker.

It only took 4 games for Ty Lawson to best Patrick Beverley's Rocket Career High Assist In A Game. 11 assists for Ty Lawson last night. Patrick's most assists per game was in 2013 where he had 9 assists. Hell Ty Lawson AVERAGED more than that last year at 9.6. Not to beat up on Bev, I'm a huge fan, but it just shows you what style of player Bev is and what style of player we desperately needed that we're getting from Ty Lawson.

There will be many, many more 10+ assist nights for Ty.

Just some more fun factoids, Ty Lawson's Career High Assists In A Game is 18, double Patrick's. And he did that against the Mavs (love him even more). And he did it only 7 months ago back in April.

#1174 cdrive, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly I felt like that was a very average game from Ty too. He has a lot more weapons to work with on this team than any team before him (Other than those old Billups/Melo teams but he was a young player then.)

He has two big guys to lob it too, a fast break speed demon in Brewer, guys who can occasionally hit 3s in Ariza and Thronton and of course Harden.

If Dmo can return to form Ty will be salivating because that guy can score all around the rim.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Who cares?

They are different players, with different roles.

17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yeah, let us hope that last night signified the end of "preseason" and a more focused, determined, and in synch Rockets team.

18. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

As the Washington state constituents of Clutchfans, last night's win was super sweet for us on many levels. Anything our team can do to make Clay Bennet's day a little *****tier is just awesome.

[​IMG]

19. YaoMayne

YaoMayne Member

This game is proof that anything can happen in the western conference.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

James Harden. James Harden cares. It's the #1 thing he wanted after losing in the WCF. Also anyone who saw how our Offensive Rating plummeted to nothing when Harden was off the court, anyone like that might care.
    Correct because I just said that.