1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

*clap clap* Play harder!

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

A bit late for Sam Walton unfortunately.

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Repeat: Ty needs to come off the bench

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Let's just not include talent in our evaluation.

5. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I still don't understand why he only played like 14 minutes for the whole game. With Dwight out.

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I've been a total McHale supporter through and through. The guy has been with us for a long time and we have improved every year with him as our HC and recruiter. He's a true players coach and guys love him here.

Unfortunately, when you look at all the freaking talent on the Rockets and we see that these guys aren't looking focused, well-oiled killing machines nor do they look cohesive...I think it's time to finally determine that this is a coaching issue

7. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Whats the record for pages in a "fire coach" thread?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree, and to piggy back on this as well... if we are making a coaching decision mid season (hopefully not cause that would mean this crap is going to continue), or most likely at the end of the season, this moment right now will be one of the key determining factors that absolutely is a coaching issue.

The fact is the Rockets didn't take the preseason and training camp seriously this year. McHale obviously isn't happy about it, and the practices they've been having, but that's on him as well as the players. His refusal to take any accountability in interviews as well kind of strikes me as odd. This is one instance where you can point to it, and say ... yeah... that's a coaching issue... injuries or no injuries.

Every other team in the league right now seems like they just got done with training camp where they are locked in on defense especially, and everyone at least seems to be trying. Preseason and training camp are very important still, and we are seeing the effects now that if you don't take it seriously, you are at risk of a start to the season like this.

How will the team recover will determine alot of people's fate in the organization. Even if the team recovers, and plays adequate, I know that Les and Morey will still hold this over McHales head in the EOY review, and might still make a change due to this stain on the carpet.

Literally the Rockets have to take off rapidly, and go on some sort of run during the first quarter of the season that jumps them up in the standings in order to counter this piss poor start.

So as a apparent "McHale Apologist" that's how I feel about it. Regardless of how the Rockets recover, I trust Les and Morey to notate this instance as something that will dealt with in the future... hopefully at the end of the season as we are all hopeful the team recovers (except for the hate filled idiots here who would probably the team go winless till December just to get rid of McHale).

#12588 dobro1229, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  9. marky :)

marky :) Member

I tried my best to not say anything negative the first game but this is just inexcusable.

3 20+pt losses in a row? No team shouldn't start off the season like that let alone a team that went to the WCF last season. The substitution patters/lineups have been horrible and the defensive rotations have been dismal as well.

We're all hoping for a miracle season from James again but when he struggles we struggle also. Great teams still find a way to win even when their best player is not at their best. It's time to move on from McHale.

10. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, when the water is gone, now we all know who are swimming naked.:grin:

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yep.

I honestly have wanted him gone for a while, but now everything is coming to the surface and just highlighting how poor of a coach he really is.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm not so sure coach K would leave Duke at this point for any amount of money.

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Interesting that this thread started in 2012, yet same complaints remain from page 1

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

McHale has no power over Harden. When your player misses 10 three pointers in all 3 games, and you do nothing about it, let him continue to shoot, even insert more guards to shoot more 3s... At some point Rockets gonna have to be coached.

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Ty off the bench and **** is not the issue. Even our shooting is not the issue.

Basically, our defense needs to be our backbone. If we have a **** shooting night, the defense needs to step up. That's how great teams win. The law of averages will work on shooting, our defense needs to be great night in and night out.

The lack of communication on pick & roll defense, the lack of strategy in regards to rotations on defense, Harden's unawareness and lack of concentration, lack of strategy on stars coming around the p&r are why we are losing.

It's just absolutely pathetic defense. Lawson/TJones ****ing up on Curry 25ft from the bucket are not just a one time mistake, it happened NUMEROUS times.

Harden's defense is absolute dog ****, but TJones's is even worse. His is terrible, he can't guard anyone and he's a completely liability in the pick & roll on D.

I seriously think we just say hey, switch all screens, and that's it. It's nuts, it's such a lack of coaching.

Offensively, this gimmick system can only go so far. We need much more ball movement, but even more player movement. We need some high post passing, so people can cut, backdoor plays, simple plays to get people set up and just consistent PLAYER MOVEMENT.

This team's overall talent is top 5. Our offense is just a high force gimmick. We need to refine it. Our defensive talent is PREMIERE. We have Dwight, Ariza, Brewer, Beverly, Capela, and Harrell, and yet are absolutely dreadful to watch at times. Their needs to be a whole revamp of our system. Nothing has changed in these three years with McHale, BESIDES the talent.

He still gets outcoached matchup wise, defensively, and offensively. He's dreadful, can someone please make this clear to Daryl?

1 person likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm glad someone is finally talking about the defense.

Their defense is awful.

We can talk about firing McHale or Harden just needs to play/shoot better and they'll be fine or Lawson starting or off the bench, so on and so forth.

Their defense stinks. Yeah, sure, they're without Dwight but if you're relying your defense on one guy to clean up everyone else's mistakes, on a guy no less who's probably gonna be in and out of the lineup, you're in trouble.

Offense stinks, defense stinks, coaching stinks, superstars stink, everything stinks about this team right now. Not doing one thing well.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

As i said i don't mind losing 10 in a row until he is removed.

18. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

MEANS ****ING NOTHING.

Look at the talent Kevin has had here.

Enough with this McHale BULL**** of leading us to a top record. Give Adelman our current team, and watch how nasty we are.

Any dumbass that has two all-stars, a deep ass team can post similar success to the dry fundamentals of Moreyball. It's once you get to the remaining 1% to carry us over, that's the true testament of a great coach.

And I seriously believe that, you can give ****ing Tim Floyd our team and tell Morey to get him to focus on corner 3s, drive & kick, switch on D, and we'll be as good as we are. We're an EXTREMELY talented basketball team. It's now the refining part, it's time for McHale to go.

19. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Sure McHale has not done an ideal job, but where is the leadership on this team. Coaching is so overrated in this league. Good players are more important than good coaches. We have absolutely no leadership on this team and nobody is holding anyone accountable. The only one on the team that knows a lick about playing championship basketball and what that takes on a daily basis is 6ft tall and barely plays.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Not only that but do you remember when Brewer had ****ing like 50pts on us?

You think any competent coach would let a guy like Corey mother****ing Brewer get 50 on us?