1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Lamar Odom in hospital fighting for his life

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I don't understand this kardashian "curse"? What curse besides LO has suffered? LO has a terrible misfortunes life with his drugged our dad and his mom dying of cancer, his 6 y/o kid dying and numerous of his family and close friends dying. Dude has it had and I guess there's really so much he can take before he goes to drugs which he was taking as a kid. Just unfortunate and hope he comes out okay and uses this as a wake up call to better his life for himself and his family.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Apparently he married her in September 2009, won the 2010 championship, then won the following season's Sixth Man of the Year. I'm thinking the other terrible things in his life had a bigger effect than his divorce, but I don't follow the Kardashians and I really wonder how all these people who purport to not care about them seem to know so much. I never hear anything about them except from people complaining about them.

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Bruce Jenner

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Every year Lamar Odom was with the Lakers, he would buy the rookies their first 2-3 custom suits, that's what type of guy he is.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/654368610626830336">October 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Handles

Handles Member

6. i3artow i3aller

:(

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZaROFG-WNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Granville

Granville Member

Nicole met OJ in 1977 according to Wikipedia, her birthday was in May. If they met before May, she'd be 17....... They have tapes of OJ saying how old they were when they met. He was like 28 or 29, I forget.

Not sure why you think it matters how old Kris was then. My point was that it was f'ed up for her to have gone around Nicole's parents to get her hooked up with a married man. F'd up but might be written off as being young and naïve to your point. To recant the story now without a trace of resentment for greasing the skids for what became an unfaithful wife beating double murderer to meet your friend is sad but par for the course for that trash family.

Kris claimed that as the trial went on they started coming to the conclusion that OJ was probably guilty. It was said the OJ got like a minus-22 on the lie detector that his team of lawyers had him take. Kris said at one point Robert Kardashian wanted to quit OJ's team because he knew he was guilty but didn't want him quitting to turn the jury against OJ.

8. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm told Trevor Ariza is among one of Lamar Odom's former teammates that visited him last night</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/654357686050361344">October 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If there is a miracle, pls save him

10. Mr. Space City

someone from reddit who met lamar

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What's all this silly Kardashian talk? For those thinking this family caused this, get a grip of yourselves. They were basically the only family he had, because his actually family was either dead, addicted to drugs, or not interested in anything but his money. Blame them.

Lamar has had a rough life...he was basically handed a 2-7 offsuit, and asked to go up against pocket rockets.

Despite all this, he was a good dude that treated others very well. His self inflicting addictions are a byproduct of the circumstances of his life...but gotta give the guy a lot of respect for not using that anger to hurt others. Unfortunately, he took it out on himself.

Still hoping for the best for him and would love to see him get another shot at this life.

13. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

Take it with a grain of salt. From Reddit:

"My boss' wife is a friend of the Kardashian family, and according to him she just got texted that he has passed. I can't imagine how crazy the whole situation is, but this is seriously sad."

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

AP:

[rquoter]A Nevada sheriff says a person who called 911 to report that Lamar Odom was found unconscious at a brothel said the former NBA star had been doing cocaine and had taken sexual performance enhancers.

Nye County Sheriff Sharon Wehrly says an employee for Love Ranch told 911 dispatchers that Odom was found unresponsive with blood coming from his nose and mouth.

The caller said Odom had been doing cocaine and had taken up to 10 tabs of a sexual performance enhancer over three days.

Odom is on life support at a Las Vegas hospital after being found unconscious Tuesday at the Crystal, Nevada, brothel.[/rquoter]​

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I hope the K Klan doesn't involve this on the show somehow. I assume they're sincere considering the circumstances but it doesn't mean they aren't going to be opportunistic about it too.

Also seems like everyone (media, Twitter, etc) is in a rush to be the first to 'call it' that he's dead, kind of disgusting.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our Thoughts &amp; Prayers are with a dear member of the NBA Family, Lamar Odom</p>&mdash; NBA (@NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA/status/654442792249331712">October 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

[rQUOTEr]Between the bright lights and darkness, Lamar Odom is burdened with his own 'True Hollywood Story'

As it turned out, Odom's college recruitment became one more manipulated cluster amid a lifetime of them. No one prepared Odom for much of anything – least of all a tortured, pained life of tragedy, celebrity and addiction.

Nearly 20 years later, the end threatened to come for Odom outside Vegas, in a "Cathouse" brothel chain made famous on – you guessed it – a television reality show. The spokesman for Odom's darkest hours turned out to be a legalized pimp named Dennis Hof. HBO abandoned his business' reality show years ago, but the owner of the Love Ranch has somehow found a way to use Odom's tragedy to rebrand his chain of family entertainment.

In recent days too, the Kardashians refused to stop exploiting Odom on that reality show, turning what appeared to be a lost soul in crisis reaching out to his ex-wife only to have his phone calls manufactured into Khloe-Kim argument fodder for one more dreadful episode.

Sex, drugs, a disconsolate Khloe, and Kobe leaving the Lakers locker room at the MGM Grand Arena to get to the hospital. Poor Lamar Odom, unwittingly delivering them a trailer.

So, Khloe ended up at his bedside in Vegas, with her mother, Kris Jenner, dramatically pacing outside Sunrise Hospital in Vegas. The Rev. Jesse Jackson emerged onto the scene to make public proclamations. All the way to the end, Odom played the part of a prop, a recurring character in the Kardashian cesspool.

Truth be told, the Kardashians transformed Odom's frailties and flaws into a societal fascination. Around the Lakers, they would always tell you that the scrutiny of the show played a part in his undoing, that it made a largely shy and private guy far more exposed and vulnerable than he ever imagined. Privately, Odom would tell friends that he never imagined the impact that an entanglement with the Kardashians' glare would have on his existence.

"You can get tickets for the Oscars, some good perks," he once told a friend, "but I had no idea what the rest of it would be like."
    Odom had his demons, losing his mother to cancer, an infant son to SIDs. His father was an unstable and murky presence in his life. In a perfect world, Odom had Hall of Fame and max-contract talent. Only, Odom didn't live in a perfect world. He lived a tortured, pained existence.

Perhaps as a player, Odom found the best possible version available to himself. He didn't care much about conditioning, nor diet, nor did he immerse himself in honing his craft. He was far more comfortable to be voted the Sixth Man of the Year than chase MVPs and max contracts.

Odom tried to make a comeback in the fall of 2013 and made progress working with trainer Rob McClanaghan in Rhode Island. Odom had left Hollywood, returned to the serenity of his small-town college experience and started to make progress on a return to the NBA.

Soon, Khloe told Lamar of her plans to divorce him, he spiraled again and he'd never play another NBA game.

Mostly, it is people who've never interacted with Odom who shower him with scorn for his missteps and flaws. To his friends, he has been relentlessly kind and generous and loving. When Odom was winning championships with the Lakers, he was the most beloved, popular player in the locker room. When he made Team USA for the 2010 world championships in Turkey, it didn't matter that Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook were on the roster. Odom was the player with whom everyone gravitated.

Odom played 11 seasons with the Clippers and Lakers, and became an L.A. staple. He didn't only appear on "Entourage" with those calves that became an obsession of Johnny Drama's, but turned out to be the show's real-life embodiment. Lamar Odom was the kid out of Queens who made it big in Hollywood, only to end up on his deathbed in some lost, tragic place between the bright lights and the darkness.
    [/rQUOTEr]

#176 J.R., Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Everyone is pulling for you......get better man.

18. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

hope he pulls through

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

praying for him now

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Absolutely horrible. I never had the opportunity to meet him, and based on what we can read, it sounds as though he was an amazing human being. I wish I could have.

I don't give a damn about his addictions or the Kardashian's involvement in his life. He's still a person.

We tend to ignore the causes related to self-destructive behaviors and, instead, simply make a judgment about the result. His personal tragedies are enough to break any one of us. In my mind, and as someone who has lived a difficult life, Lamar is a success story. He made something out of himself, despite the events that could have prevented him from becoming an NBA player, father and good soul.

His hospitalization is beyond sad, to me. It's not often you hear such an outcry of support , along with personal memories of the "good," for someone that people have labeled so offensively and unfairly.

I hope he's able to pull through, but unfortunately, it doesn't look good. I pray that he finds some sort of peace within himself and whichever religion he may follow.

+

2 people like this.