1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Yankees Wildcard Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 5, 2015.

1. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yeah the #hustletown is stupid. even the Astros players use #crushcity in their tweets...some corporate marketing decision, i'd be surprised if it catches on. The "this is hustle town" slogan is just lame.

2. Poloshirtbandit

Didnt the Orioles already have that? I like Hustle Town better.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Just finished the game... Holy cow what a team. I love this teams demeanor, they are young and don't give a damn. They never looked worried and I love that.

Bring on them Royals!!!!

4. the shark

the shark Member

They just won a playoff game. Yes a PLAYOFF game Rocketmanjosh. You calling this a "play in" game was :eek:

5. the shark

the shark Member

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!

They just went into Yankee stadium, and shut them out on national TV. They know there's work to do.

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

For people complaining about the Astros celebrating, you guys are fools. They got here because they were allowed to be who they are. Young, exciting, energetic, club Astros, gummy bears, congerbot, bat flips,us against the world...

They wanna celebrate, let em. It's them being who they are, not taking this for granted, not for one second.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Plus, every baseball team celebrates with champagne after each round of the playoffs.

You'll see it again tonight in Pittsburgh.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

Correct, it's not an Astros thing. It's MLB planned and sanctioned.

9. LondonAstro

LondonAstro Member

How f****** good was that last night?!?!!! We were picture-perfect all over the field! Keuchel was masterful, our hitters came up with the big hits when needed, the game plan from Hinch was spot-on, the changes were all perfect, the bullpen was dynamite minus Sipp's mini-wobble. Wow I'm pumped!

First proper postseason for 10 years, boy we deserve it.

I think anything from here on this season is s bonus given the development schedule of this team but damnit let's go to win against the Royals and see how far we can get! SO excited.

1 person likes this.
  10. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Awesome win tonight, Astros deserve any type of celebration they can get. After 10 years of being awful and the laughing stock of the MLB. We are entering a era of the Astros being relevant again.

party away!

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

They're using both and so am I. Most posts I see from friends include both. Embrace it.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Judging from this thread we finally got peoples attention.

If we can steal 1 in KC, MMP is gonna be popping Sunday. Game was so f**king intense last night, I forgot what that felt like for any team other than the Rockets.

13. Buck Turgidson

This. You can't have alcohol in the clubhouse without the express permission of MLB.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The game couldn't have played out any better.

Go Astros!

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at people criticizing a team for celebrating (a young one at that) who was expected to do nothing and just won a win or go home playoff game in Yankee stadium. This is who they are and what got them here. People always find something to b**** about. Ridiculous

1 person likes this.
  16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I went to bed at like 12:30 and woke up at 4:45 and couldn't go back to sleep. Just too excited man. Great, great feeling!

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Despite his "offense", Castro put on a hell of a performance behind the plate last night. His presentation (as they now call it) was amazing. They were saying the ump had expanded the zone some but I think it was almost all Castro. McCann wasn't doing the same things and his guys weren't getting the calls.

Just wish he could pull his head out of his ass when he has a bat in his hands.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

For those wondering...it was not Whataburger. But she did agree to go early and I was back home on the couch by the bottom of the 1st.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

His defense completely makes up for any lack of offense he gives you.

He was a 260 hitter at one point.....
    What happened?

20. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I have to agree, you could see McCann moving the glove while Castro "presented" the pitch with a slight movement.

Is like the good ventriloquist vs the one that tries to be one.