1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston texas fair weather fan capital of the world

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirhangover, Feb 2, 2001.

1. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

someone here said it but its nothing new and i do believe it to be true... one of the ways you measure someone is how they handle adversity and the hardest darkest times...

i am glad that so many of you are helping us beat out atlanta as the most fair weather fan capital of the world...i suppose you all are chilling in your ravens jersey right about now watching survivor and everything that is 'hip'

well its not hip..you are not hip..

i am as proud today to be a rockets fan as i was in 93 and those of you jumping off are lame...criticism is acceptable and obviously understandable but coming on here and basically admitting that you are off the bandwagon so quick is sad..some of you were such die hards not so long ago...nice commitment guys..

why are you posting here anyway?

take off my f-ing rockets jersey and put on the suddenly hype kings jersey and get the f*ck outta here..

------------------

i am a friend of sarah connors i was told she was here can i see her please

[This message has been edited by sirhangover (edited February 02, 2001).]

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

What's even more sickening is that the Bulls have the highest attendance in the NBA.

Yes, you heard me right, the stinking Bulls!!

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Survivor is not really hip. It is kinda stupid.

I for one am totally sick of the way things have been going the last few days, but that doesn't mean I am giving up on the Rockets. I'm not trading in all my merchandise so I can sell out to the Kings or Lakers or whomever.

CK

------------------
    There is nothing more thrilling than using the RealGM trade checker for the 1 millionth time and finally having it tell you trade accepted!!!

[This message has been edited by Castor27 (edited February 02, 2001).]

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

NOW! this is a great moment. sirhangover coming out of the Hangout forum with some attitude.

get'em

5. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

I noticed the same thing sirhangover. some "Rocket Fans" on this board lack the devotion to this team.

Although i tend to bash the Rockets from time to time, I LOVE the Rockets and always will. even if they drop dead at home aginst the Clippers [​IMG]

If you can't watch the Rockets choke then get your a$$ outta here!

------------------
    Dream
    Rejects
    Every
    Attempt
    Made

6. RocketsPimp

He's just bored sitting on his a$$ in Atlanta.

[​IMG]

Are you coming back in town today, hangover?

------------------

7. Timing

Timing Member

What are you talkin about dude? If you're as proud now as you were in 93 then you really are hung over. The team is playin like crap and a treasured sports legend in this city has become a whining spoiled crybaby all of a sudden. You're proud of that? You should have a cup of coffee man.

Anyways, who is here who ISN'T a Rockets fan? This is a Rockets fan site isn't it? If nobody cared then nobody would be here posting about the team. Rockets fans have every right to bash their team when they deserve it and they sure do deserve it after getting whacked by the friggin CLIPPERS!?! AT HOME!?!? What a disgusting display of basketball that was, ugh. I was havin flashbacks of the Suns Mother's Day game a few seasons ago. I only hope they rebound now like they did then.

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HEY! I can yack and snap at the Rockets.
    Esp here with other fans.

IT's like family . . .you cna beat up ya brother
    BUT YOU'LL BE D*MNED IF SOMEONE ELSE DOES.

I think we on here vent frustration
    but if we talking to a laker fan
    they would have to pry our hands from
    their Arrogant *ss throats.

BTW being a Fan does not mean we a bunch of YES-MEN [YES-FOLX]

Rocket River
    THOSE D*MN TAMPERING B*STARDS!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rocket River (edited February 02, 2001).]

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Ive been a fan ever since the ORIGINAL TWIN TOWERS were trying to beat the Boston Celtics in the 1986 Finals. The best thing is that we are only going to improve. We are a young team that will develop and grow, and we will learn how to win with time. Patience is the key here folks.

People take professional sports for granted in Houston. They dont realize the ups and downs teams go through. MOST Houston fans will only support a winner. I dont know why, because you would think 16,285 people would show up to watch a sporting event in a city of 4,000,000 people.

Is it geography? Is it parking? Is it the laziness of Houstonians? Is it the price of tickets? Is it the fact that professional sports figures are overpaid?

Have there been any surveys done on Houstonians and professional sports?????

Can anyone dig up something on this????

------------------
    "Chucky who?" Charles Barkley

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Dallas is the Fairweather Fan award winning city.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

11. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

SirHangover is welcome at my house anytime. Man anytime you are down in the bay area of california give me a call. Thats a true fan folks.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

12. RocketsPimp

Or $hitty ownership!

Anyway, I'm always up for going to a game, making The Library...errr Summit a little noisier and talking game with knowledgable fans like Sirhangover, HP and Jamcracker.

Fair weather fans, hear me now. We're going to have some growing troubles. This is a process that every young team goes through. As bad as it may seem, enjoy watching these guys grow and learn together because it could be alot worse(see Bulls, Nets, Grizzlies). Very soon we will be back in the playoffs contending for another title, with or without you!

------------------

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The term post of the year has been floated around the last week or so with little validity to the claim. This one may have some validity. Excellent post sirhangover. Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm behind you 100%. Go get 'em!!!

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

14. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Pimp -

they just can't give away their season tickets up here.

------------------
    The Badministrator

15. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

Sirhangover,

go get a cup of coffee or something. have a beer, whatever.
    I don't think the fair weather fans are the ones that are reading this bbs. Fair weather fans don't care enough to watch all the games and visit fan sites. Duhhhhh!

Now shut the ***** up and go preach to someone besides the freakin true fans. (worn out, exhausted, slightly fed up and tired of mediocrity, but true fans none the less)

------------------

16. Redglare

Redglare Member

Watch it, Keeley. I got in trouble for saying the same thing. [​IMG]

------------------

17. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

ill be back tonight pimp..

i catch your drift timing but the fair weatherness here is sickening...

i am speaking more specifically of those people that were gung ho die hards and are now jumping ship..like i said nice commitment...

i see it here on this bbs and its sad..

it sucks that they lost to the clippers but i stand by them today as i did in 93..hakeem still wears the rockets uni so i stand by him as well...its called loyalty to a team..its called not being a b*tch to stern and the media and hopping behind vince or kobe..its called choosing a team and following the same one through thick and thin...

thats why in 93 i was so much happier then the fair weathers because i appreciated it that much more...i remembered the hard times...

some of you cant relate because you didnt piss in your pants when mario hit the three in that corner in phoenix..you were just beginning to jump on the bandwagon then it didnt really mean to much to you..

me being there when they couldnt get past the sonics in the playoffs and watching nate mcmillan light us up..or the dark years of sleepy floyd and purvis short it all runs together actually in my mind..but those hard times made me more of a fan..

you can say i cheer for losers or i did then as i do now but i am proud that i can be there in the bad as well as the good..i am not going to lie to you and say that i am the biggest or the best fan of the rockets..but i am going to stand behind hakeem and the rockets..up or down..

maybe i am not making sense because you jump ship from winner to winner so you dont really truly appreciate it when it does go well..maybe i am a manic depressive and i appreciate the highs and the lows...its gut check time buddy..whos your daddy? where you at? go kings right?

whatever.

------------------

they say the meek shall inherit the earth

18. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

those arent actual fans showin up to tha gamez. those are just leftovers from the glory dayz of MJ, and the mad rush to buy tickets for 10 yrs in advance. too much success will end up screwin u ova too huh? [​IMG]

------------------
    Lookin at a 75 year old man in a thong: NASTY
    Lookin at Shaq hit free throws: "O SH**!"

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I just want to make sure to say:

Just because I'm not posting here everyday does NOT mean that I have "hopped off" the bandwagon...I do still come here and read..yall are too entertaining not to read..but because of other commitments(school,work,other job..etc) I can't post half of what I want to say...

But I still watch/listen to every game and on the nights I am at school, I call my bud up and ask him the score every half-hour...I defend the team to every doubter I meet and preach the gospel of this BBS to every fellow fan that I meet..

I have been watching the Rocks since the late 70's early 80s and never gave up even when we were one of the worst in the league and was bursting with pride when we beat NY for the first title!! You couldn't get the huge smile off my face for days after that!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

damn..where did all of that come from?? [​IMG]

------------------
    You would have to pry the ball outta his hands with a crowbar.

Bill Worrell referring to Cuttino.

20. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

its funny how one week and one game can change peoples outlook on hakeem...

everyone jump back on the bandwagon..wait the rockets can be good??!!??

------------------

they say the meek shall inherit the earth