1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] FINALLY! Rockets unveil black alternate jersey for 2016-17 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

So THIS is what the Rockets' space astronaut uniforms would look like with a helmet.

2. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

I think that uniform looks so clean.

3. PJ86

PJ86 Member

They should've used the font of the red-gold alternates with HOUSTON and changed the font. That would've made it much, much better.

4. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Looks even better now... ;)

In all seriousness, do you think this is a preview to a new uni design next year?

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

No. That uniform itself isn't even making a debut as an alternate til next season. IIRC i think the league needs 2 years advance notice on uniform/ logo changes etc unless a new owner takes over and immediately wants to change it or something like that. I don't know, maybe it isn't a rule anymore. The team very well could have notified them last season or this season that they are designing new uniforms for the 2017 season, but i am 99% sure you will see the same primary home and away for another year next year. Bringing a total of 14 years with these uniforms.

6. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

These are probably what our warmups will be this season. For sale on fansedge.com right now. Finally ditched the awful all gray ensembles. We have a black shooting shirt! Nice patches on the jacket

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WE HAVE A BLACK SHOOTING SHIRT THIS YEAR <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="http://t.co/tR8YKODZmT">pic.twitter.com/tR8YKODZmT</a></p>&mdash; Rocketgirl (@00rocketgirl) <a href="https://twitter.com/00rocketgirl/status/646698169946890240">September 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Other gear you may see the Rockets warmup in this season (plus the women's version of on court jacket) <a href="http://t.co/RMyv8RH9L6">pic.twitter.com/RMyv8RH9L6</a></p>&mdash; Rocketgirl (@00rocketgirl) <a href="https://twitter.com/00rocketgirl/status/646700581038354432">September 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. bmd

bmd Member

In Clyde's voice: "I like it".

8. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Definitely digging that black shooting shirt. Purchasing it now.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Gotta admit, the black jersey is growing on me.

I have spoken my peace on the other two though.

10. bmd

bmd Member

I was never in the camp who wanted a black jersey and I don't even particularly like black jerseys for the sake of having a black jersey.

But I have to admit that the jersey looks pretty sweet.

It will look even better when the entire team is wearing them and are out on the court.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

I hope they only wear the black uniforms at home.

12. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Our regular jersey actually look worse with the shoulders trimmed. It has resulted in everything pressed together, stripes so close to the names is just awful. Can some1 photoshop the stripes out or leave one?

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Black looks the best

14. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Do we know yet when the black jersey will be on sale for fans? The black ones on all the rockets shops now don't have the red. Would love to get a black Lawson one

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

they said the earliest would be after All Star break

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Black's not bad but I think the grey is the best out of the three.

17. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

They should bring back the pajamas. Puchased this bad boy for the upcoming season :cool::cool::cool:

[​IMG]

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If they go back to wearing these, they can go ahead and move to Louisville.

19. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

You trippin. They should at least wear it as a throwback night jersey. For some reason I think it looks great. The home version was indeed hideous.

20. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

As an ex graphic designer, I liked the pajama logos, but it was just too busy and complex for a sports team.