1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The amount of douche bag quotes in this article is astounding... How did we get this point?

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

When he was first here his rookie year, he was saying the right things and actually did all the right things on the floor (focus mostly on defense, play a supporting role on offense and being a solid team first role player). Because of that, I thought so highly of him that I actually considered him my favorite player even though he was probably the 5th best player on that team.

Something changed that offseason from his rookie year to his 2nd. I don't know if it was him trying to get attention with the Lin-hype train when we first signed him that offseason (then the Harden-hype train when Lin's star collapsed) or him showing his true colors, but he definitely changed. He was more focused on his offense, started talking more freely, cared more for his hair than his defense, etc.

At first, I guess we all thought little of it but his change exponentially grew when we got Howard and people gave him a lot of credit for recruiting him. He changed agents to douche-bag Fegan, started appearing in commercials, started doing things for media attention like "lashing out" to fans and players in the league.

His ego grew to very dangerous and cringe-worthy levels.

We all know what happened from then on. Him leaving to be Cuban's lap bo- I mean, franchise player and burning all bridges to Houston in the process, all the dumb social media tweets and Instagram post and just being a egotistical douche 24/7.

He is nothing more that a sweet talker. Someone who will say something just to make himself and his situation look better than what it really is. It actually pretty sad because that usually means the person is so insecure of themselves.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I'm not sure if it's the money, or Dallas that changed him.

Went from a volcano/tomato face put back dunking left and right to a douche trying to be a business man.

4. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Parsons went from an underdog, underpaid trolling putback dunker to a pretty boy overpaid player in 3 years. Not too shabby. Maybe he's a businessman now, and if so, good for him. I don't think he's a douchebag but I'm happy the Rockets parted ways with him instead of taking that contract he got.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have no negative feeling towards the guy. he probably isn't a very nice person though, which is a total assumption and guess.

anyways he will not have a fun year. the mavs are going to be stomped into the ground this year.

this will be dirk and kobe's last year in the nba i suppose. im not sure either one will make it to the end of the season. a lot of minutes for both of those guys.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Parsons deeply disappointed me. Not for signing with the Mavs so much as how it all played out - before, during, and after. The dip-**** was one of my favorite players. Now he's one of the guys whose team I most want to see us beat like a drum.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Makes sense now at the time when I saw parsons and Cuban together all star weekend here in houston at Avenue going crazy. Originally I was wondering why Blake was there with them but I guess him and CP have known each other for awhile according to the article.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the twitter commment makes LOL....cuban can't control what happens on the other side, that's how things get leaked. I really doubt any team wants their players to find out they were traded on Twitter.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Houston bball is blue collard hard working and Parsons is too much of a diva to handle this town. We don't need preening fancy underwear players that concentrate too much on other stuff other than balling. This article is the perfect example why I'm glad he is outta here.

Unfortunately, he'll draw weak minded individuals to his side. And as much as I appreciate DH he is the type to get drawn to his BS. Just like DeAndre was.

However, one good thing going for him is he likely won't be broke after the NBA years are over.

10. conquistador#11

I was rolling my eyes at that entire gq article. air ties suck.

11. serb

serb Member

Guarantee Sam Dekker has a better career

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What? This is far from true

13. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

LOL ordering a vodka redbull reminds me of The Departed when leonardo orders a cranberry juice.

HAHAHAHAHA i lost it at the part where he just happened to meet this reporter with his shirt off. Terrible person.

1 person likes this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This douchebag at it again. Taking petty shots and making passive aggressive comments.

Oh well, that's all he is good for these days considering he spends most of his time in the treatment room.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol. Dekker seems to be a massive douchebag as well.
    Parsons and Dekker just seem like fratbro douchebags.

Oh well. Dekker is our douchebag (for now).

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dekker not cute enough to get away with it though.

Question: Why do fans think Dekker is a douche? I haven't been paying attention.

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

His Twitter. Terrence Williams syndrome.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It's over guys. He's gone, now get off of his jock.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Didn't you get the memo? If you're white and use gel to spike your hair, you are a douchebag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Mavs SF Chandler Parsons had &quot;minor hybrid&quot; microfracture surgery in May. <a href="http://t.co/85pFtpLGll">http://t.co/85pFtpLGll</a></p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/648326641496756224">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>