1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

The difference in the two teams is management and ownership. When Leslie Alexander wasn't getting results from Carrol Dawson, he bought into Daryl Morey's unconventional way of looking at things, and brought him in. Since that time, the team's management has been steller, with very few notable errors. On the other hand, when the Texans had hit rock bottom, Bob McNair cleaned house, but kept Rick Smith in place. At the time, everybody was calling for Rick Smiths head, and I think everybody was right. Under Daryl Morey, the Rockets have kept a flexible payroll, and drafted the most talented players they scouted. When we were a mediocre team, we drafted long term prospects like Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas. I remember wondering what Daryl Morey was thinking when we picked Donatas Motiejunas. At the time, we had a glut of power forwards, and Motiejunas looks like a stash player. When we drafted Jones, we had literally just drafted Royce White, and already had Morris and Patterson (I believe). Now, those moves are looking great as we come into the season with two players at the four that are coveted by other teams and may get the max, and we have their bird rights! On the other hand, the Texans have squandered their draft picks, with a big chunk of them never seriously contributing and being waived. We've traded contributors for picks that will end up being squandered.

At the end of the day, the Rockets are a successful franchise because of a passionate owner and a well managed team. The Texans are one of the worst franchises in the NFL because they've been terrible since they came into existence. Their owner refuses to bring in winning management that can install a winning culture, and they're mired in mediocrity for it. Fans should boycott buying tickets. They need to quit paying for a losing product year after year, but it seems that Bob McNair is having no problem putting asses in the seats. Until Bob McNair does away with Rick Smith (which doesn't seem likely), the Texans will suck.

So appreciate the Rockets! I have faith in the management of this team, and I see the moves this franchise makes as the sort of moves a young dynasty makes. If this team goes places this year, we'll be in a very good position to remain competitive for many years.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden is a worldwide superstar. Known in the USA, in China, in Taiwan, in Australia, in Africa etc. The unathletic loser JJ Watt doesn't come close.

Harden was 2nd in MVP, he was players MVP and led our franchise to the WCF. We have been a winning team ever since Harden was the #1 go to guy. I don't know what JJ Fatt was in MVP but he sure is a loser player who leads his team to losing records and no playoffs as the lead guy. He is like the Rubio of NBA. All flash but losing records. LOL.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

A troll is a troll is a troll. Ignore this guy and avoid losing IQ points reading his bile.

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

After reading his post, I'm pretty sure I forgot how to drive

5. FTW Rockets FTW

Don't shoot the messenger.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hopefully I can lose that 'unathletic' tag now... Lol <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DBWH?src=hash">#DBWH</a></p>&mdash; JJ Watt (@JJWatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/42436743206674432">March 1, 2011</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

One more line to add to the Encylopedia r****dica in my sig.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lol this clown doesn't quit.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's why you bury them under rotten fruits and vegetables until they don't exist. :grin:

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I get so incredibly upset at the Texans but I love that team. I've been a rockets die hard fan since 1993 when I was 6. Not a single year goes by that I miss a game. I probably fell asleep through a few during my younger years but I take so much pride in the rockets.

But even though the Texans have some of the most incompetent managers and coaches, I'm growing on that team. When you look at how smooth Foster runs, how JJ Watt never takes plays off, how Andre Johnson USED to dominate DBs, how much of a dick Brian Cushing is, it's Houston's football. I get so frustrated with harden sometimes when I feel like he doesn't bring his all like the way Watt does.

I love harden just as much as I love watt, and even though the Texans are struggling yet again, I can't help it but to support them as much as I can. It's like the rockets and Texans are my kids. The rockets are the older brother who's very mature, does well in school, very caring and loving that you can depend on. But the Texans are the younger brother who's a little bit slow, messes up a lot, have potential but doesn't know how to fully realized it, needs my full love, devotion and attention. It's kinda like that with me

1 person likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

HAHA I am sure you are the clown crying that your Texans and your leader - the unathletic loser JJ Watt are receiving another smacking.

Listen up kid. JJ Watt as leader is going to lead the Texans to another lose and another no playoff season. That makes him a LOSER.

James Harden, face of Houston has ensured Rockets have made the playoffs every single time since he has been here.

I'm sorry that you hate Rockets and Harden success simply because your pathetic Texans and over-rated loser Watt are no good. Don't be envious of others success.

1 person likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You care a whole lot about football for somebody who claims to not care about football.

1 person likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

I was replying to the OP of this stupid thread who is not even a true Rockets fan. He needs the egg ball Texans to play badly to appreciate the Rockets? LOL

That's a fake Rocket fan.

1 person likes this.
  13. JazzLakerHater

It's simple, the Rockets (and the Astros for that matter) are runned by smart people and the Texans are runned by clowns. Thank god the NBA is in just 4 weeks.

1 person likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm glad I like basketball more than football.

1 person likes this.
  15. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Can we trade the Texans to San Antonio for Lamarcus Aldridge?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thread bumped on Sundays like clockwork. :grin:

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The rockets make me appreciate the Houston Dynamo even more.

1 person likes this.
  18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Love seeing this thread on Sunday's :)

1 person likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Can't wait for the Rocks to start. :)

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The rockets have intelligent people working in management and great coaching staff. Texans have great players but dumb idiots in the front office and incompetent coaching. I love the Texans but the management probably one of the worst