1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Survivor - Second Chance - Season 31

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VooDooPope, Sep 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Anyone watching this year. I've watched every year and i'm a sucker for the show. Should be an interesting cast and season.

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Good first episode. I thought Vytas was a good player his previous season but he came out a little too aggressive this time. Thought the hidden immunity idol twist was a nice wrinkle in the gameplay and made the challenge more interesting.

3. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Agreed on the hidden immunity idol twist. So much better than having someone wander out into the woods and magical find multiple idols without a clue. At least there's a risk-reward aspect involved here.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Is it right to assume there was an additional idol under the other teams raft support?

Dunno how you get it with the instant tribal though

5. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Vytas should of laid low instead of being a horn dog.

The girls have the numbers. Let's see how they fk this one up.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Poor Shireen. All because she didn't have Abi's back when everyone was talking about her, she ends up being on the outs. Crazy how the team dynamic changes based on the whim of one or two crazy people.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The producers definitely hint to people where the immunity idols and clues are, right?

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Not a huge fan of the cast in terms of likeaility. These are the runts of a previous litter. I will be rooting for Woo though.

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Not enough hotties in this one, but I'm still watching.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Nosleeves had already suggested to his old school home boy that those two "new schoolers" were gaming hard and that one of them should go, so I think it was decided before that went down.

Abi is a nutcase. She deserved the negative attention, Pilot boy just parlayed it into winning an ally. Too bad she's so nuts he's going to regret it.

And... Shireen is also pretty wacky, I had no problem with her going. Her buddy totally did her in with his much better job of a speech before the vote, right in her face.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Season is off to an interesting start and Abbi is a nutjob. She was the same way in her original season and again this season but I can see the reasoning of keeping her around.

Only thing is that she's so unstable you really can't trust her, she did go and tell Shireen about the blindside beforehand just because she wanted to...

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

One of the faults of Survivor, to me, has always been that the final 3 can come down to a clear winner and 2 folks who have no chance - in fact, that's the strategic play. A returning cast season like this one should theoretically involve zero of those sorts of non-players and crazies. But Abi has already clearly staked her place this season in the Philip Shepard role. She makes for the perfect bring-along.

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I agree with this... much like any other show where the contestants get to vote each other out, the crap is brought along to enable the W. It would probably be better if after the merge, eliminations were solely competition based.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Another great episode I thought. It's crazy how fast the game can change. Abi is certifiedably crazy and "the rat" was going, until Abi can't keep her mouth shut and PG freaks out in her.

Savage should have looped woo in before the vote though then he would have made another Ally

#14 VooDooPope, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Abi is unstable. Bad idea to try bring her to the final 3. She is clearly paranoid about her place, and will flip at the faintest sniff of trouble! Savage showed how easy it is to create trouble using Abi!

I have a strange feeling Stephen is going to do well. Dunno why, he just seems to be getting plenty of airtime so far despite not having done anything yet.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Abi is nuts, after seeing 2 seasons of her, she really seems like an unlikable person. I know editing happens and what not but jeez she's batty.

I would be shocked if she makes it very far since she'll flip in an instant.

Stephen did fairly well in his season with the same tactic.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

This season has been great.

Wentsworth (who looks great in a bikini) with the Idol to save herself, Crazy Abi still hanging around, Jeremy saving Fishbeck with an idol, Fishbeck using his advantage and still getting blindsided...

Awesome season.

18. Apps

Apps Member

Yeah, this season will probably go down as one of the best ones if it keeps up like this. This is probably the closest we will get to watching "professional" Survivor. Every single player is intelligent and knows what's what, and they also seem to be taking their losses less personally. Just a very clean and efficient game.

I hope future casts will learn from this season, but I doubt it. These sorts of shows usually cast unstable people on purpose for the regular seasons.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Jeremy sacrificing one of his idols for Fishback was foolish imo. Jeremy probably made himself a bigget target next week for going against the group and making his loyalty to Tasha clear.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I though Jeremy made a mistake too. He wants Joe in the game for protection, but using the idol not only makes him a friend of the enemy ( see the definition of target ), but also could have cost him Joe. He is right, the game has changed, so less risk, but still at this point they are searching for reasons to vote you out and that is one of them.

Good episode. Not sure how Joe made it out alive, but there it is. I think he is the more worthy player but don't want to see him win it.