1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

any WiiU owners here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Nov 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm interested in splatoon and maker too but i'll hold off a while. I don't play all that much so i'm still trying to get through a couple games i bought early on.

I'm almost done with Bayonetta 1 (it came in with Bayonetta 2). It's a great game and worth all the praise.

I Mario 3d world i hit a wall with the very last 3 levels . I've taken a break because it was starting to annoy me but I have to beat them eventually

2. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Super Mario Maker. I'm hooked. When I first saw trailers and previews I knew it was a 'buy' but didn't think I'd be this deep into it.

Learning curve is very small. It's good to have someone to test - even the girlfriend if she at least knows how to run and jump. Watching someone else play your level is just as fun as you come up with ideas/edits as they play and quickly do what you need to do and they continue on with it.

Gonna start uploading and downloading this week however I have heard there are a lot of pointless levels :

- Too difficult
    - Spam baddies
    - Invisible blocks
    - Only spelling words with coins

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i actually didn't crack open mario maker...played splatoon all day...i'm not sure if i'll even create levels...i know that seems silly...but i'm not the most creative type...think i'll just enjoy playing others.

with regards to the levels now...the game just came out..i think right now there isn't a great balance...either levels are way easy or really hard. i've been watching streams on twitch...dude last night was doing the 100 lives challenge thingy on hard and some levels were from Japanese people...ridiculously hard.

4. RMGEEGEE

A lot of people are enjoying Splatoon... Wii U does have a lot of hits at this point. I still have to divide my playing time with Smash Bros & MK8.

I haven't jumped into that yet but I can certainly imagine that people went over the top.

5. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i actually bought a wii U simply because of smash and MK8...rarely play em. really need too.. they're fun...but man having not really played both those since N64 days...a lot has changed in terms of mechanics that it turned me off.

i didn't give em enough chance though...need to get back to em at some point

6. RMGEEGEE

You're right, a lot has changed. Both help if you have someone to play with. MK8 is awesome with a friend because you can still compete in Grand Prix. Smash Bros is only fun, to me, when it is really competitive.

7. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

btw i've never looked into adding people to a friends list on wii u...do they have that? how do you do it? whats everyones tag/ID? how do i know what mine is?

8. RMGEEGEE

Tbh I have no idea. I'll look into it later and post my tag/id.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You can add people by their Nintendo ID. I haven't booted up my WiiU in a while so I don't know what mine is or remember the exact steps to add someone but I have done it before last year when Smash came out.

I would like to play Smash again so if I ever get around too it I'll post my ID on here when I retain it.

10. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

For those of you that have played it, do you recommend Splatoon? I'll definitely pick up Mario Maker when retailers have their B2G1 free sale coming up. I have a few games for my Wii U and they are sorta fun, but they don't really hold my interest.

11. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i'm enjoying it...only had it 2 days...will say something i noticed off the bat...matchmaking is pretty bad. simply no balance what so ever.

on top of that with no voice chat. i just reached level 10 which is the level you gotta attain to start playing ranked matches. team work seems rather important...so that is gonna be interesting.

also general matches are different from ranked. general matches are just about covering the map in the most ink....ranked at least from the few games i played was about controlling a tower.

so not only are ranked matches more difficult, i'm not sure how you're supposed to coordinate anything.

but yes matchmaking will pair up level 20's with level 4's and what not. seems to be completely random. i think that might get annoying.

#131 FlyerFanatic, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  12. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

^ that is interesting to hear about the lack of ability to communicate. That's what's missing the most with competitive games like smash, is the interaction but it seems especially limiting in a team concept. Granted , I'm not sure I want to hear a 11 year old call me a n word

13. yo

yo Contributing Member

I still don't get Bayonetta. To me, it's just a whoooooole lot of button mashing that easily gets kills. I know there's combos and all, but I haven't seen a need to use them? Maybe it's because I'm playing it on easy...

14. MystikArkitect

If anyone plays Smash online let me know. Always looking for more people to play with, For Glory is hit or miss as Nintendo still hasn't figured out a way to group people based on talent level.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Incredible art, direction and style, not to mention the protagonist is a super hot scantily dressed acrobatic contortionist dominatrix librarian with gun shoes.

16. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

nevermind...

i gotta give the ranked matches more time...maybe i just ran into bad luck first 5 or so matches

#136 FlyerFanatic, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

it certainly starts out that way but as you advance you need to do combos to quickly kills enemies and complete sections without taking damage so you get better trophys. Playing on easy? why even bother?

18. RMGEEGEE

Adding friends on Wii U :
    1. Press the HOME Button to open the HOME Menu.

2. From the HOME Menu, tap "Friend List" on the left.
    3. Tap "Register Friend" or press the + Button.
    4. Enter in the Nintendo Network ID of the user you wish to register and tap "OK."
    • When entering a Nintendo Network ID, you must enter it exactly as it was originally created. This includes using the same capitalization.
    • The status displayed will be "Temporary Registration" until both users register each other's Nintendo Network ID.

My ID = Biohazard22

19. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

I agree with you here... I love the Ranked matches now that I have played them more. Also, the communication aspect is extremely frustrating :mad:, I lose matches because we cant communicate and people just mindlessly go into battles by themselves and we end up losing. I wish they would fix this especially in ranked battles since you lose points when you lose unlike the regular matches.

Still, its a very fun game.

20. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Super Mario Maker is awesome.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are the types of games that need to be played on normal (or harder) difficulty in order to get the most out of the combat system.