1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anybody here know what exactly the problem with Dwight's knee is?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Dude, did you even watch the Rockets this playoffs?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jRQTiXoiynk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/03fp6Weq0hA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said, we don't actually know how many games he will miss. I mean, we are talking about the same Dwight that played 40+ minutes in playoff games, is trying to join Team USA again (which can be an indication of good health), and is reported to have no lingering knee issues, right?

Personally, little skeptical of the tweet: it's the only source and has no context (generalized statement). I still am looking at it as a wait-and-see approach; it doesn't pass the smell test that Dwight misses 20 games out of "precaution", if everything else that was officially reported is true.

#41 jbasket, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  2. bmd

bmd Member

Right, that's what I'm saying.

If Dwight is 100% healthy, why would they sit him out 20 games this year minimum just for "precautionary" reasons?

And like I said, I remember hearing that whatever the problem was with his knee, that it would be something he has to deal with and be mindful of for the rest of his career. In which case resting him on back-to-backs would make sense.

The reason I made the thread is because I don't think anybody really knows what the deal is. I don't think they've ever really said and made it clear what the issue is. This thread is 3 pages long and nobody seems to really know... it's just people speculating and filling in blanks on their own.

1 person likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rockets said it was a bone bruise. Doctor said it was a bone bruise. My guess is, it was bone bruise.

I think you're making too much of a quote from McHale, before he's even had the chance to watch Dwight play this season. Heck, the med staff probably hasn't even had a chance to evaluate him too much this off season. Dwight has been traveling a lot. it's not the first time McHale has said something about this subject and showed his ignorance. He's probably just throwing something out there, given Dwight's injury history, especially with this bone bruise and then the sprain he had vs GS.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

The problem with Dwight's knees is that they're Dwight's knees.

5. bmd

bmd Member

I asked Dwight if he'll be sitting out back to backs this season and he said it just depends on how he feels.

So it sounds like sometimes yes and sometimes no.

6. cml750

cml750 Member

This!!!! It aggravates me we pay him so much to only see him give 100% in the playoffs. I guess I am spoiled to Hakeem who gave 110% every night and then kicked it to even a higher level in the playoffs.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, really telling

8. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Sounds like he had bone marrow edema related to stress. Rockets handled Dwight very conservatively, and it paid dividends in the playoffs. They're probably planning to do the same thing this year since they have good depth.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Blonde on Blonde

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

1. It is not your money thus YOU don't directly pay Shiite
    2. Don't compare anyone to the dream
    3. People above your pay grade make those decisions. Let them do their job
    4. Zip it :eek:

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Tim Duncan's game never leaves the floor. His game is not predicated on explosiveness and athleticism. Never has, never will. I think it's clear that Dwight's game is.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Better sade than sorry bmd. We all know how important it is to have a healthy Dwight in the playoffs.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Better safe than sorry

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

It is a long season and the 14/15 season showed how important it is to be...HEALTHY!

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This...

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hakeem's movements are graceful and modulated. Dwight's are robotic and induces way more wear and tear.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwert could be getting old - good enough reason for me

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Don't bother responding to the idiot. He is a troll and knows nothing about basketball or the Rockets.