1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Carson: A Muslim President is against the US Constitution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Many Americans would be skeptical of a Muslim running for President. A candidate that would not distance himself/herself from Sharia would stand no chance of winning the Presidency.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Early Christians faced persecution and I think they have the same allowance. Amazing that Carson, a supposely very religious Christian running for President, doesn't have this basic knowledge.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is correct that Carson didn't say a Muslim is prohibited by the constitution from being president, but it doesn't matter. What is crazy is his belief that a Muslim can't uphold the constitution which is what he was saying.

That's plain nuts, and goes along with a bunch of his other crazy comments.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Contempt of court for violating a court order as it pertained to the 14th amendment protection if gay marriage. She's an agent of the government you clownfish.

You've grown in how big a waste of time you are. You used to be a mild waste of time and now you're like a serious waste of time. Keep it up and you'll be in StupidMoniker territory.

1 person likes this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

These both are very accurate and my general sentiments for the most part.

But I also feel a Muslim shouldn't have to publically come out and say "hey I don't follow sharia law" because I mean come on. How many Muslims in this country do you know who follow sharia law?

It's a non-factor. Taking it a step further than what nook said, a Muslim stands zero chance of being president of this country period and it will most likely be that way for a long time, barring some drastic change.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He is a halfway right. An evangelist most likely will not be able to uphold the constitution or respect the rights of non-[denomination]'s ideals, but that isn't limited to just Muslims.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Toqiya is a shies's ways to buy time before they stab in the back when it's possible.

8. Apps

Apps Member

You realize that Sunni jurists and theologians, both historical and current, have accepted taqiya (under a different name) for Sunni Muslims as well, right? Or are you simply that ignorant about your own faith?

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Maybe you should be president, glynch? You couldn't have twisted his words any more masterfully...

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

It was accepted in early days within Mecca , then it was no longer justified . That's the majority of schoolers opinion.

The way it work now for shies is ridiculous , spitting in someone else drink if possible is considered a daily style of Toqiya :(

The entire history of Khomeini or what you call literally :God's wonder of the greatest guider used Toqiya against "MEK "or even with "Ali Shreaite "the guy who was the mastermind of Iranian revolution ) who was thrown out of his hotel balcony in Paris I guess shortly before Khomine's departure to Tehran

11. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Do you also believe matzo balls recipe requires a goy child's blood?

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Of course not...

Only with Goulash *_^

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What about a religion that blows up people at an Olympics on US soil?

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

very few religions would be a disqualifier for me, but Islam might be one

Religion is not race or gender, it's a set of beliefs just like a political ideology, subject to judgement and criticism.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I really don't want to get into defending Carson because he'll never have my vote, but this is also NOT what he said. He has said that Muslim who renounces certain aspects of their faith are perfectly fine. He even went on Hannity last night and said he would have the same problem with a Christian who put their faith above the Constitution, stating explicitly that you can't be president if you won't subjugate your religion to US law.

Now if you want to argue that his belief that this more problematic with a Muslim than a Christian is wrong or prejudice, go ahead.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The difference being, though, that people assume that the Christian candidates will find a way to reconcile their Christianity with their duty to uphold the Constitution. The implication of what Carson is saying about sharia is that he won't assume the Muslim candidate will do the same, but that he has to explicitly give Carson assurances.

But, kudos to him for following the implications of his logic to their logical conclusion, even if it'll potentially alienate the evangelical vote. Which is interesting actually -- the 'outsider' candidates (Trump, Carson, and Fiorina) are all irreligious candidates. I expect ultimately there will be 2 contenders for the nomination, one representing the conservative non-Christian, and the other consolidating the support of the Christian right. Christian right isn't doing too well right now, but I think they'll be pretty significant in the end.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I don't completely agree with this.

I could not vote for a Christian candidate that did not believe in Evolution. Fundamentalist candidates would not get my vote. Also, Christian candidates are asked their beliefs on issues such as Evolution and separation of Church and State.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I can see Carson's numbers go up after this, his base totally agree's with this. I may be wrong but I just don't see any republican winning in the general election. They were supposed to extend a hand to minorities including women this time but it seems they've only done the opposite.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is still what he's saying, only he's saying it with a qualifier.

20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The problem is people like you who believe that there are only two positions. Please continue projecting your prejudiced idea of what a conservative is on anyone who doesn't agree with you and we will continue to ignore your worthless opinions.