1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

the haircut is getting worse every day. He looks like one of these things in Alien vs Predator

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As is the team he plays for every year.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'd forgive Jerrormy if he paid back the salary the Rockets gave him and publicly apologized for handing a series over to the good people in Portland.

I don't give a hot damn about his "good boy" reputation. The fact is that he tried to take over during two crucial playoff games where we were in control, and as a result, we lost the series because of his selfishness.

That turnover on the sideline was below D-league standards. That missed layup after Dwight fought for a CRUCIAL rebound showed the mentality of a YMCA baller.

We can forgive mistakes, like Dwight missing free throws, but forgiving a guy who went all vigilante for the sake of his wretched fan base is unforgivable. I still have trouble watching those two games that Jerrormy gave away. If you look at his facial expression shortly after, there is no remorse.

He owes James, Dwight, Chandler and even Troy Daniels a lifelong apology for being selfish during crunchtime. I shouldn't have been surprised. When he shot an airball against the Heat, when he was wide open, that was a sign that DM drank the Linsanity juice.

Lin's defenders will say it's not his fault, but anyone with eyes, or anyone who has ever played or coached at a high level can see that Mr. Lin cared more about being a "hero" and improving his "brand," rather than securing a series win.

I can't wait till we play him this year and Pat/Ty/Jet/James destroy him. He's a D-league talent who was in the right place at the right time in NY. All players can catch some fire. Even Ryan Bowen had some decent games.

I don't blame DM for signing him at the time. Our ticket sales increased and we had a diverse fan base. As we all know, though, that new Lin-devoted base became toxic to legitimate Rockets fans who've been supporters for decades before the destruction caused by Jeremy and his following.

Good Riddance.

And, I ain't even mad....:p

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Where have you been? :p

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Excellent post!

This one should be a sticky

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why is this thread close to 2000 replies deep? And are there still Jeremy Lin fans around? :confused:

7. kanariya

kanariya Member

yep zboy is around

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

9. noppeper

noppeper Member

Maybe because of people like you constantly asking the same question.

And Jeremy Lin is an ex Rocket that impacted the team in the ways Codman eloquently explained a handful of posts ago.

So, I don't understand why people have a problem that there are still posters talking about Lin, in the NBA Dish, during the off-season, when having fun with his delusional fans gives us Rockets fans some return in the investment we made watching this dude suck it up for our team.

$.02

2 people like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Another brilliant post!

Another one that should be a sticky!

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have to apologize. Initially I thought Lin was a decent human being and person but just a very mediocre to pathetic NBA player. However I was mistaken and I realized this a while back.

Dude is all about promoting his brand, playing into the hands of his dumb and delusional fans (all Lin fans) by stirring the pot and is constantly playing victim amongst other things which makes me and others lose respect for him as a human being.

It started with many passive aggressive tweets to the latest security incident where he had to send a tweet out to come off as a victim.

I am sure security guards around several arenas have questioned several players in the past and will continue to do so but it was only Lin who had to tweet out about it and play victim so that his idiot fans can go on about all the so called hardship Lin is facing. There was no reason to tweet that and if Lin hadn't, it wouldn't be such a big story.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What do you expect from a guy who prays and asks his fans to pray that he has a great relationship with his new coach.

Yeah, Jeremy. It must have been your coaches' fault that you sucked donkey balls the past few seasons.

Poor Jeremy.

[​IMG]

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

What a pitiful lot you are. Posting about Lin when you could be masturbating to a Sasha Grey video. Do try to get a life, or learn the limp wrist rules.

14. Dei

Dei Member

Out of curiosity, are there still even LOFs left to troll? I think most of them have already abandoned ship. Lin is officially a terrible NBA player.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The thing about the security guard is so true. I've heard of players not being recognized before. Lin thinks every security guard should recognize backup point guards. Such passive aggressive nonsense.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I would rather masturbate to my hero Jerry Lin.

17. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It amazes me how reading tweets or interviews can result in such different interpretations. For some reason people have decided to treat Lin's statements in the same way they treat those by a politician. That strikes me as silly.

The dictum "Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence" is valuable in these cases.

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

WOW. I thought that was a re-hash of an old story. Didn't realise it happened to him again in Charlotte.
    He said the IDENTICAL thing in his Linsanity video about security guards when he was at New York.
    Wonder if it's BS and said for the sake of his own publicity.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Modus operandi for Lin.

Pull and Play the victim card to gain sympathy from his dim witted and insecure fans who he markets himself to.