1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

He moves a lot more like Manziel than VY. Vince was bigger and made insanely long strides so he had a lot of quick lateral movement and then he could just explode through holes.

Great to see this from Heard. I wish it didn't take a change of in personnel to get this in place. It's hard to understand how Swoops beat Heard before the season.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Heard is shifty. He changes momentum easily and makes defenders miss like it's nothing. Much better runner than the slow-footed and indecisive Swoopes.

3. TheresTheDagger

Even as an Aggie, I feel for the Longhorns tonight.

But only a little. ;)

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is what everyone is thinking.

Heard is better than Swoops in every conceivable way.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a way to lose. I feel terrible for Nick Rose.

I really hope the team gains some confidence from this, though. Heard looks like he could be something special.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Yeah, they must not have been lying about how bad of a practice player Heard is. That's the only conceivable reason I could see the coaches choosing Swoopes to start the season.

Still, Heard played like a monster tonight.

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ePzIAphXmFv/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Goff is legit. Real chance to be a real real good NFL QB. For real. Really.

Heard does look legit and hopefully UT gets some confidence out of the game...

But they were also getting beat down pretty badly at one point and got lucky on that 3rd and 7 stop. Game should have been over then. But it is nitpicking. Other team didn't get it done there.

If I am nitpicking I didn't really understand going for it on that 4th down with like 6.5 minutes left. It was what 4th and 17? Plus Heard needs to throw it no matter what in that spot. A long interception is fine.... Probably second best option aside from converting.

And I didn't really understand the first onside kick at 3 minutes left. But whatever... Was working out for them in either case.

9. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

he was the best qb on the field tonight... i dont know his measurables, but the scouts that came to see goff might have left more impressed with heard

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Um. No. Heard was the best RB on the day. That option stuff has yet to translate to the NFL and Heard isn't bringing anything others haven't before him.

Goff was great. No mistakes. Great completion %. TDs. I'd be way more interested in him at the next level.

Heard is young and was really good. He's got learning to do still.

11. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wouldn't debate with SkyrimOwnsAll if I were you. He thinks every black QB is the GOAT.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Fixed that for ya. Swoops has to be a top 5 fail at QB Texas has ever given a scholarship to. Still sick from this loss but whatever. Strong had better get a decent defense rolling by 2016. It's flat out embarrassing.

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Goff is an overrated nfl prospect

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

When his coach (who coached Aaron Rodgers at Cal) says he's more developed at this stage of his college career than Rodgers was, I'd say he's legit.

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I agree that Heard is way, way, way better than Swoopes, but I will point out that Swoopes appears to have a much stronger arm than Heard. That was the only thing that impressed me about Swoopes, his arm strength. Unfortunately, it didn't really help us any.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I think Gilbert was much worse. He was the 2nd best QB recruit in the nation. Our hopes of continuing Vince Young and Colt McCoy's legacy rested with him. And he sucked really, really hard.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As frustrating as it is to lose a game that way, it almost still feels like a win because this programs biggest question may finally have an answer, and he's just a freshman. It feels like they can actually start to improve and move forward.

Still a ton of work to do though, no guarantee of anything.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I still can't understand how we didn't retain the best db coach in college football.