1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About to drive out to my bio Dad's house and literally kick his front door in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Disciple of RP, Sep 19, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Talk to her. Don't talk to us.

I hate my dad, too. And he's not just my "bio" dad, in your explanation. I lived with the mother f1cker all my life while he was raping my sisters. (I kinda knew, but was too young to know. I learned later...weird how memories work that way. I don't remember anything prior to age 6)

That ******* was one of the ruling kings of my small town. I never wanted to hit him though, I was the youngest. I don't know. But I wanted to hit something.

I wanted to protect.

Do you want to protect? Or do you want revenge?

2 people like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He posted in the first post that he has kids.

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I'm so sorry to hear that.

My situation pales in comparison to such atrocity, friend. In my small world, I guess I wanted justice...but such is relative and arbitrary and truly miniscule in the true ways of the world.

Your admission makes me feel weak and petty. I've had my bouts, but things could have been worse, no doubt. My god, I have children. What was I thinking?

2 people like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Chill brother. I wanted to explode many times, too.

you're not alone

1 person likes this.
  5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Thank you. Thank you all for accepting my idiocy and talking me down. I had every intention of going through with this.

I am an emotional, reactionary SOB.

I need to be grounded....often.

Mostly, thank you HeyP. I just don't know what to say. I feel stupid now.

1 person likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks to heypee for coming in this thread

7. malakas

malakas Member

You have kids. Your duty is to show them a good example and NOT be like your bio father. Be careful now.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I was providing broader perspective in the midst of what seemed to be an urgent and dangerous situation with genuinely self-damaging choices stemming from a sense of moral outrage. Your initial (and continuing) foul insults and disruptive quibbling about phraseology certainly didn't contribute anything.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Go be with your wife and kids bro, do what he couldn't and be a real man. Enjoy your real family because its all you got, go cuddle your wife and hangout with your kids tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  10. what

what Member

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't understand why you can't sober up, wait till its at least daylight, then go over there and ring the doorbell and have a conversation?

12. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I like your sense of fight. **** it. Go for it. But I've been drinking to.

More sober heads might say it's not worth it. They might even say it validates his behavior if you act this way.

I say kick the assholes door in. Give it to him. Then give us photos. That would be AWESOME.

Or maybe not. Not sure what you want from your life. Honestly, doesn't sound like much to let this SOB work you up like this.

You might be better off studying acting, getting an agent, winning and Oscar, and flipping your dad the bird as you give your acceptance speech.

I work all night. The sun is just coming up. Thanks for letting us into your drama. Good way to end the night.

1 person likes this.
  13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

What I would like to know is what does he owe you?

Think about this, lots of people have it worse. There are kids who have worked to support their families because their parents didn't make enough or didn't know how to spend the money wisely.

Be thankful he got out of your life at a young age instead of intoxicating it with his lifestyle.

1 person likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't do it OP. It won't help you at all. But, if you do, post pics.

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

You should see that all this hate is hurting you...not him. And personally I don't see where's he's worth it.

You have a good life in spite of him. Focus more on returning the kindness to the people that helped you and love you. Stretch it out even and help those you don't know because who knows what that act of kindness will do to change that life (though expect nothing - it's a gift).

Also you might want to talk to someone - a neutral party counselor type because this seems to have been eating at you for years. If you want closure, this beats kicking in the door every time.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Try to forgive and move on. It's for your own good.

17. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

18. 713

713 Member

You should periscope it.

19. Nero

Nero Member

Both of my parents have been gone for years. Think of the opportunity you still have here.

Take a step back.

He is at the age where will be starting to feel his looming mortality. You may be surprised to find that he could possibly be open to meeting and getting to know you now. Maybe even willing to make an effort to try to make amends for something which has clearly hurt you throughout your life more than you knew. To make a connection with something which is grounding, which makes us feel like a part of ourselves will live on after we are gone.

I mean look at yourself - you find out his address, and then by 4am you are drunk and threatening to kick his door in and demand.. what? 'Stuff'? Is THAT what you were missing? Toys? Come on.

Sober up, be mature, and call him back and apologize, tell him you were overwhelmed when you learned about how to contact him, and you would like to meet.

Give a sensible approach a chance, at least. You will certainly, as the saying goes, catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why do you need restitution if both you and your wife have proper jobs and doing well for yourselves? In the end nobody owes you jack. Not the government, not your parents, not even your wife. It's all on you to make what you want out of this world.