1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eurobasket 2015

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Sep 6, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Gobert put on the clamps on Gasol, was fun to see. That guy is going to be a monster defensively in the paint for a long time.

F Utah.

Shame he'd foul out and Parker...Parker is screwing this up.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that was a great game

parker crumbled/choked in OT, he really looks DONE without his first step now.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wait, Gasol was killing Gobert in winning time.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

F'n France. :mad:
    Was rooting for them in this one. Blah.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Pau Gasol pretty much outplayed France by himself, great game to watch!

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wouldn't go that far, gasol had like 36pts and basically won the game for spain. gobert also fouled gasol on the arm at the end of regulation. don't get me wrong, i like gobert a lot and basically hate ostrich face gassole. but gobert still has a long way to go imo

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Feel bad for Chicago Bulls fans, Gasol would be in awful shape during NBA season because of this tournament...

Now he is in his best shape, but his old body won't be that for a long period of time...

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not in clutch time, the last about minute of the game or so and OT Gasol couldn't even get the ball. He got a foul on Gobert but when it was winning time he hit a tough hook shot and another tough shot.

Yes Pau won the game for Spain, I'm just saying that in clutch time Gobert stopped him from even getting the ball most possessions.

The last minute or so of regulation and OT Gobert played excellent defense on him. Well even late in regulation Gasol was really just hitting tough shots over him.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i saw gobert get hit with foul after foul trying to deny gasol in the post. then i saw gobert foul out of the game in OT which led to spain's comeback.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah him fouling out led to Spain's comeback because in the end Gasol wasn't destroying him at all.

But as I'm saying, the last few minutes of the game Gasol scored all of 2 points on Gobert. When he fouled out Pau added 6 more points to his total.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pau Gasol dominated with 40 points and Spain got its revenge on France. <a href="http://t.co/wfYHUKXFfF">http://t.co/wfYHUKXFfF</a> <a href="https://t.co/FX6aGfv3jU">https://t.co/FX6aGfv3jU</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation NBA (@SBNationNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/644626915370795009">September 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pau looks quicker than I remember.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

gobert put the clamps on gasol.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Too bad I wasn't talking about the entire game and then you'd be correct.

Otherwise, look at the game stats. What I've said is 100% true.

14. malakas

malakas Member

:mad: :rolleyes: :mad: I will never make any more prediction in this thread.

15. malakas

malakas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hard to play when somebody can touch you but you can't touch him! Tough loss it is painfull to lose this way but we will bounce back!! </p>&mdash; rudy gobert (@rudygobert27) <a href="https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/644624771242659840">Σεπτέμβριος 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

OH.
    Does Ricky Rubio think Gobert is 6'0 tall and not the type to throw an elbow at him as he is coming down the lane? That's some twitter courage on his part, alright then Ricky.

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

i don't know rubio's twitter but that one doesn't have a verified account so pretty sure fake

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yes it does.

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9

20. malakas

malakas Member

That's hillarious. Spanish team the most classless team in international basket trying to give lessons now. The characters of that team are one and one. Mirotic, Fernandez , Navarro (previous years ) the kings of dirty tricks and flopping..When everyone dislikes you there is a reason.

Anyway Lithuania is playing well so far!