1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It looka like a bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 15, 2015.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

GD, you are a moron.

1 person likes this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Someone (SK34) who is faster (and more civil) than you already pointed that out and I admitted I missed it when I read the article. But thanks for making sure to point out the exact same information as him while also throwing personal insults into the mix. Because apparently it isn't enough for you to be right, you have to belittle people too.

But hey, you and Hillboy did me a favor. You totally reminded me why I rarely read this forum and almost never post. Because there are way, way too many people that forgot what it means to have a civil discourse, to show a little respect.

#62 RunninRaven, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Awesome, now the school district can fund his start-up.

Seriously, though, this is such an embarrassment to all Texans. I sincerely hope the school district gets slapped senseless for this.

This reminds me of a (much, much more minor) incident my kid had with a teacher. She wrote a short story and showed it to a teacher she trusted. I soon after get a request from the teacher for a meeting. I meet with the teacher and the principal because the teacher is concerned about some 'racy' content in the story. I'd already read it by this time with my daughter's permission, and it had a boy with a crush and one reference to kissing. I got home and told my daughter she can't trust teachers. We entrust them with an important job. They do a good job most of the time, and I'm willing to give them latitude to make a mistake. But, goodness they make some boneheaded decisions sometimes.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I imagine that they conveniently skipped over scanning for explosives before they hauled that kid away.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"need moar facts"

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. Carl Herrera

Why would Texans be embarrassed when people in South Oklahoma do stupid stuff?

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

You know what looks more like a bomb than that student's homemade clock?

[​IMG]

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Do people think a circuit by itself can be a bomb? What, the resistor is going burn everyone's thumbs?

#69 kevC, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  10. Carl Herrera

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great.</p>&mdash; President Obama (@POTUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/644193755814342656">September 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. SeabrookMiglla

what happened to the days whenever schools could handle 'COMMON SENSE' incidents without having to bring law enforcement into the equation? its disturbing to see how schools are so ready to prosecute students rather than help them. this could have been handled so much differently, but instead they've decided to handcuff a young bright mind for being creative...

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

9/11/2001

13. Carl Herrera

One factor, but paranoia like this happened in the 90s, too, with all the scares about gang violence in schools as such. Yes, violence, even mass shootings, happen in school, but the rate at which they happen hardly justify the amount of money and energy spent on it.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

YOU were the one who immediately concluded that this kid was somehow responsible for the ignorance and bigotry of those imbeciles without checking the facts first. If my post upset you and appeared disrespectful then I apologize for letting my emotions get the better of me because this is something that hits home with me. I grew up in the segregated HISD where the district did everything it could to discourage and obstruct minority students like myself who expressed an interest in science, engineering and mathematics so this story is personal to me. I was that kid at that age who tinkered and built radios and mechanical items from scrap parts my grandfather would salvage from his job. What's truly sad about this is that he thought more of his teachers than they did about him. Those idiots deserve to pay and I hope that those jackasses get hit with the biggest ****ing lawsuit ever. And I don't give a damn about what Irving PD and Irving ISD do or say in order to "spin" their way out of this mess (just saw the Irving PD chief on local TV) - that kid was racially profiled and treated like a criminal because of his religion and name - the reaction of the police offers confirms this. They deserve every bit of public ridicule that is coming their way.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I just saw the device on TV. You'd have to be a moronic imbecile to conclude that was a bomb but then this is Irving we are talking about. Apparently the good white people there find it inconceivable that a minority kid can actually be creative in science and engineering. Doesn't fit into their "world view" according to Fox News. :rolleyes:

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What the ****! man. The hell is going on in America.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That is awesome! Any comment from Greg Abbott yet? I was looking for one. Also, I'm praying this comes up in the Republican debates tonight so we can watch all the candidates try to outdo each other on how stupid their take on this incident can be.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Onion couldn't do a better job. What the heck did they expected him to said? It's more than a clock?

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The kid's mistake all along was bringing a home made clock to school instead of enjoying his constitutional right to bring a gun to school...

20. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

"We realized this was a bomb when the count went from 11:04 to 11:05."