1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. what

what Member

Let's get it on.

2. cebu

cebu Member

any link?

3. what

what Member

it's espn.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

these guys went at it from the start. santa cruz can't handle the pressure as well though.

5. what

what Member

hell of a fight so far

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

santa cruz getting some momentum late though. fun fight.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

mayorga vs mosley is a fun too for a bunch of old dudes fighting

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Fantastic performance from Cruz, bar the first two rounds where mares just had his head buried in chest he was controlling range and hurting him all night, not enough to get the KO but enough to throw mares of his game completely.

That 114-114 scorecard was a joke. Idk how any rationale person could score that fight a draw.

9. what

what Member

Great fight, no doubt.

But I am starting to lean more to the co-main event as the fight of the night. While santa-cruz and mares had action, the fight had a lot of lulls were they were just patting each other.

The first fight was a GREAT FIGHT.

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Ya the entire broadcast was good. Maybe Al Haymon is on to something here. Can't believe I just said that.

11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Floyd Mayweather reportedly took a WADA-banned IV injection the night before his fight against Manny Pacquiao. <a href="http://t.co/OvQJfwJh1w">http://t.co/OvQJfwJh1w</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/641834921607208960">September 10, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

The substances he took were not illegal but the fact that they he took them off the record was illegal

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Hilarious watching Steven A "Mayweather only fan" Smith on Firsttake this morning

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He essentially diluted his blood...whether it was to re-hydrate quickly post fight OR whether it was to mask an agent is going to be up for speculation... regardless, it is extremely suspect.

16. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

But why even take IVs unless he's trying to mask something illegal? Floyd doesn't cut tremendous weigh, so why even need an IV.

Also its not the fact that he took them off the record that was illegal but the fact he took them at all. NSAC uses WADA guidelines which strictly provides the use of IVs because of the fact it can help mask the use of other banned substances. The USADA had no jurisdiction to grant an exemption and its hilarious they would grant it 18 days after the fight.

Shady as hell, no wonder Floyd has always been so adamant on using the USADA for testing. He has them in his back pocket.

Should be ruled a No Contest.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Floyds T to E Ratio was fcked. Very suspicious that the IV was to mask some other drug.

18. dragician

dragician Member

Good for him, but not good for boxing.

19. cebu

cebu Member

any link to boxing?