1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should be thanking the Knicks.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aliadiere25, Mar 8, 2020.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

They figured out how to beat our system.... and now every other team is copying it. Just clog the paint and let us take the wide open 3pt shot, because we're only going to make around 30% of them (most likely under 30% in half our games). Players like Westbrook and Harden don't have the space in the paint anymore because the other teams would rather our inconsistent shooters take the wide open shot at this point.

No rebounds, no paint protection, giving up too many 2nd chance points, no proper switching on the paint defense. Barely any contests for their layups. The list goes on. Doing this small ball demands too many energy and focus from our whole team.... and supporting cast just isn't good enough to play it.

But yeah, I want to thank the Knicks for figuring it out and not putting us into a false sense of security before it hurts us later on.... and thinking we actually have a shot in the playoffs. I'd rather get blown out by teams now than getting embarrassed by the Lakers/Clippers on national television in the playoffs.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Everyone figured out how to stop small ball now.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

OP the same dude who literally posted this like 2 days ago...

Don't make out that Clippers made some kind of statement tonight and that they're going to stomp us in the playoffs.

I hope we match them again, because I think we can beat them.

damn, y’all switch up so quick

hakeem94, javal_lon, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I would happily play them again. They're nothing special this year. Everyone is expecting them to blow teams out, I've yet to see it.

Also, we could have beaten them the other day. The 3pt shooting was the difference. They didn't play great defense, they just allowed us to shoot the 3pt shot and hoped we missed.... which is what's stated in my above post. The Knicks, Hornets and Magic played much better against us.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to see us play hard before we talk schematics.

ApacheWarrior and DeBeards like this.
  6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Knicks help to prove small ball is a rubbish, it doesn't work.

7. riko

riko Member

I mean at some point teams were going to clog the paint and not let harden and Russ score 40 on them every night.this was going to happen in the playoffs so might as well figure out a counter scheme for the playoffs now. I think right now Harden is fatigued and probably carrying multiple injuries. If he doesn’t fire this team has no chance

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Teams clog the paint and run us off the 3 every post season , and our offense stutters when they do

9. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

didn't you just state in your post that allowing us to shoot the 3 pt shot and hoping we miss us the way to beat us? If so, why are you saying the clippers didn't do much to beat us?