1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets need to prove that they are still a playoff contender against the Grizz.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Jan 26, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

How can they do this? They need to whip the sh*t out of the Grizzlies. I expect them to win by 32. Anything less would be unacceptable. The Rockets need to beat a team easily. Not by 10 or 15. They need to win by 30+. A win like that can develop chemistry and start a winning streak. It could also get the Rockets on a winning track at home again. I hope to see Hakeem start, and the Rockets destroy the worthless Grizzlies. Prediction:
    Rockets: 105
    Grizzlies: 73

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

2. T_money

T_money Member

ZRB, showing confidence in the Rockets. What a rare site.
    Rockets:105
    Grizz:70

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I KNOW Rockets will trash the Grizz. They simply HAVE too. My problem is that I always show too much confidence in the Rockets, then, when they lose, I am usually shocked and disappointed to an extreme extent. My expectations are way too high, except for the game against Canada's crap. The Rockets are going to look like the western all-star team against the Grizz tomorrow.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

4. T_money

T_money Member

ZRB After the game:
    Dam* u mobely never should of taken that bS shot. What a waste of talent.ahhhhhhhhhh. SHould have put Mobely in what Was Rudy thinking

------------------
    Chimmey chimmey what!!

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

If that happens, I will start rooting for the Rockets to tank!

------------------

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Geez, the dreaded "tank" word.

Even more proof that you are not a Rocket fan by any definition of the word.

Tank. What an ugly thought.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

Asking the question: What is more dangerous, an AK-47 or a scooter?

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

check your email trivia master

8. treeman

treeman Member

Good Lord...

Is anyone even questioning the Grizz game? I think it's more along the lines of a "They'd goddam-better win that game..." kinda thing.

The Grizz have talent, for sure (Bibby is a great PG). They've got a coupla kickass ex-rockets, too, which just makes it more interesting (Dickerson in particular). But a winning team? S*it.... Let's just say that we'd better not lose this one. Not enuf room in the West for losses against Canadian jokers...

------------------

9. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Spamming two threads begging someone to check his mail?

Dont know about you, but I have a little sound that plays when I get mail. ("you've got mail"). I'd rather listen for may wav file than check a public forum to see if I have new mail.

*still a lil bitter from the trivia game*
    *a lil frustrated that all the new posts are heyp spam*

10. Behad

I was pre-occupied. One of our favorite late night shows to watch here at work is "Blind Date".

I answered your email HP.

------------------
    Behad

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I was obviously joking. If I were not a fan, I wouldn't bother coming to this site. Get a damn clue, I'm not always completely serious.
    I would hate tanking too. And yes, the Rockets can easily lose to the Grizzlies. They lost to the clips and the celts, they can lose to the Grizz. Especially since both wins were only by 7 each. The Rockets had better win.

------------------

12. Behad

I use a Yahoo account, so no wav file for me.

I don't use my work email account for fear of being seen by someone else here at work. (It's a big company)

------------------
    Behad

13. Behad

Obviously? Do you even read what you are posting? You slam the Rockets hard after every game, call them "natural born losers", and I'm supposed to know that you were "obviously joking"??

At least use a smilie. [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I slam the Rockets because I know they could be doing better. Still, it is my right. There is something I just don't like about the little [​IMG] 's. I rarely use them. I think it is more mentally challenging for readers to try and work out whether I am completely serious or not. I thought the tank joke was fairly obvious, but I guess it wasn't. Now, changing the subject back to the thread topic:
    Predictions?

------------------

15. treeman

treeman Member

Rockets 99
    Grizz 93

------------------

16. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

(sorry to be off-topic but)

sorry behad, hp. *sheepish* My own cc.net profile points to a yahoo acct. no wav file there. This makes three apologies for me tonight.

Please tell me you really don't watch Blind Date regularly.

(back on topic)

We're gonna beat the Grizzlies.
    *SAY IT WITH ME*

[This message has been edited by jamcracker (edited January 26, 2001).]

17. Behad

It's hilarious! The dates that go all smooth and nice are boring, but the ones where they just do not belong together crack me up!

Besides, it's late, all we have is broadcast TV, and, since I spend a lot of time online, I have to relinquish the remote.

------------------
    Behad

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they are about to pull off this deal and over the next couple of weeks will be busy testing different things and getting that chemistry.One would hope that we would beat the Grizz,but in the long run,if we lose, this one's just gonna be a bump in the road.... I think we'll win,but It sounds like the off court announcement coming up is going to be much bigger...yeah,we should beat the Grizz,have Reef stay here,and send Reeves on to Phoenix for role players who provide cap relief in 2002 or so.It appears that after a deal the Rockets will surge,I really see the playoffs this year and after that it just gets better..ANYWAY, WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE GRIZZLIES!..can't fall too far back,but when we start clicking with the new lineup(Whatever it may be),I would think we'll be very dangerous.

------------------

[This message has been edited by hardwood (edited January 26, 2001).]

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Since when is there a deal? Looks like Hakeem is a Rocket this year.

------------------

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From the comments of Doc Rocket ,it sounds like something of titanic proportions IS gonna happen.There are have been such periods of silence,then pr type stuff coming from all three places...Vancouver,us,and whomever(Mainly Phoenix....small chance Miami).What's your read on this after reading Doc's thread ZRB?I love Dream,I'm just saying it looks like the shoe is about to drop.I forget the exact words in Doc's thread,but it sounded pretty definite...He sort of left the door open when referring too Dream..I say we make the move(IF THAT is IT) ..what's your take.?...didn't want to ruin the thread,but I'm pumped...mixed emotions......Whatever happens they'll be a period of adjustment,so yes,we need to win all the games we can now,especially,this one....and I agree it could be a difficult one if we don't take care of business and focus.I'm just saying there are alot of distractions and uncertainty floating around....like right now ..LOL

------------------