1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rodions Kurucs Is A Diamond In The Rough for Rockets Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jan 13, 2021.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's one thing i like we can all have our option about a players game. It maybe true about him being a trashy human or it could be that he made a horrible mistake of placing hands on a lady in a disrespectful manor.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Same. Thought he'd be much better given his age and previous experience. Can't even say he wasnt being given an opportunity he just plays like trash when on the court gives me Caboclo vibes.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dekker played better than him lol. Even if he wasnt a 5 he should be doing things on offense cuz he is faster than his matchup and ideally should have some perimeter skills as well.

clos4life likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

when?

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Maaaaan I was expecting something from this guy but I have just not seen anything redeemable about his game.

D-rock likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He looks slow as all hell. If he can't play a big man slot he can't play in this league.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's weird is he looked super damn fast in Brooklyn. Speed was never the issue.

8. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I guess, eyeballs say he's pretty nimble for a 6'9" 230 lbs guy. I'm more concerned with how he can't even hit the rim from 3.

D-rock likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Pretty much his entire career Dekker's average is 5x that of Kurucs this year.

Kurucs is scoring 1 pt on 18% 3 pt and 26% from the field. That's not hard to beat lol.

clos4life likes this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

12. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

..........ok?

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

He's sucked in the few spot minutes he's gotten. Should probably have him playing in the G-League to see if he can do anything with steady minutes. So much for my diamond, guess I've been a bad boy and Santa's given me a lump of coal.

14. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Man 11 pages on this guy. What is wrong with you people? Will no one date you?

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I just discovered that I still have on my DVR the magnificent Pels game from Feb. 9, when we got blown out in the 4th quarter and lost by 30. I must have been too depressed to finish watching.

So I watched the end. And in his 1:45 of garbage time, here's what Kurucs did.

1:45. He enters the game, is immediately targeted on a P&R, and falls back into no-man’s land, effectively guarding neither the ball handler nor the roller. He manages to get dunked on while looking the wrong way, as though the existence of rollers has never occurred to him.

1:30. He receives the ball at the arc and tries a pass while staring straight at his teammate, who has a defender running alongside, between the man and the ball. Via Newtonian physics, the pass is immediately stolen, leading to free throws at the other end.

1:15: He rolls inside, is thrown a beautiful pass while standing wide open under the basket, and fumbles the pass out of bounds.

0:45: He’s iso’d again, gets beaten badly to the ball handler’s strong side, and flails at the last minute, committing an obvious foul and barely avoiding a 3-point play.

0:30: He clangs an open 3.

Anybody can have a bad couple of minutes or a bad game. But I remember this guy turning an equally comical performance against the Spurs in January. It's really hard to be this bad and still have an NBA contract. Please tell me the rest of you (who watch more games than I do) are seeing some reason to believe in him.

16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

He seemed to play half decent in that 1st game vs the Spurs after the trade, but he has looked like 1000% garbage every single second of every game he has played since.

D-rock likes this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

it ainta you with the lump of coal...

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

in fairness, it wasn’t a bucket. Just FTs. So, there’s that.

I assume he’s around for salary matching purposes and is gone, on way or another, by 3:01 pm 3/25/21.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rodions Kurucs Is A Diamond In The Rough for Rockets Now

[​IMG]

vator likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

this guy has Ryan Bowen potential...very high upside

Stone killed it with this one...

vator and hakeem94 like this.