1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Cancer Kid- Donate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

To be fair, I hate the ****ing f***** oboe/clarinet idiot.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

I love that my brother wrote this:

"Oh that’s horrible. I’m so sorry to hear that.

Yes God is good. I would be devastated if one of my boys died early it would take a lot of faith to stay focused on eternity.

He is with the Lord and that’s the end goal for all of us. A tragedy for us is a victory for those who pass over. Easier to type than have to experience.

I’ll be praying for the mom. I’m sure she is crushed."

I have two of the most polar opposite brothers.

#203 Roscoe Arbuckle, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

@Roscoe Arbuckle I am so very sorry to hear this. Awesome that you were so engaged for this kid...his life was better because you were in it.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Rest in peace, William. You touched many lives and taught many lessons. Your loved ones will always remember you with fondness.

cheke64, Yung-T and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That sucks. RIP

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  7. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Oh man, I haven't been keeping up with this thread since it was first created. Then I got an update emailed from GoFundMe just now.

I'm REALLY sorry to hear. Like I said early in this thread, my son also passed away from cancer exactly a year ago from yesterday (June 25). He was 17 years old. God bless you all who took steps to help them out, especially you Roscoe. Most give their thoughts and/or prayers and have their reasons as to why they can't go out of their way to help with what they can. I too fit into that category a lot of times. But, you just stepped up to the plate man, and that's awesome.

My son was such an amazing person and I discovered that even more so going through everything he did. How can I complain when he never did and always had a smile on his face. It seems William was the same. As freaking hard as this is, you had the amazing gift of knowing someone that special and now he is free of all pain and is now in such a better place. I know how cliche those things sounds right now. I wish I could say something profound that could make the hurt lessen even a little bit. All I can say is that I'm still here and I'm "ok" a year later, and those thoughts have helped me get through the nonsense of it all.

Continue to find ways to celebrate his life. I took the day off on my son's birthday and did "his" type of things. Yesterday (year to the day of his passing), this non-tattoo guy, got one to commemorate him. Hold on to all of the memories you have of him, hold them tight, laugh along with them, cry with them. Go at your speed. Breathe and seek and/or accept help.

But, I see the GoFundMe is still taking money. Is that going towards funeral costs?

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Condolences to the family.

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

So sorry for your loss.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Sending prayers and condolences to the family of William RIP

11. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

RIP man. Really sorry to hear.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ugh, so sorry to hear this. Kids with cancer....it just doesn't seem fair.

Will definitely hug my kids a littler tighter tonight.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Did the Celebration of Life service this evening. Lots of slides of his life with his family. Two hours of reminiscing with those who knew him. Saddest part was when his sister's kids got up to tell stories and one couldn't finish. I was irritated when two guys got on stage and took credit for Master Baiter's awesome contribution; one of which said he got Bregman to give him all of his stuff that i posted, but then had an 8 minute video of Phillies & Mets players. No Astros, even that was his team. I digress. Wasn't the time or place to call them out.

But yeah, it's done now and I appreciate all of the support y'all gave him and his family this past year. :)

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

Thought about about this and y'all. Some of the most brilliant vids I've seen have come from here. I know my Brother in Law can do this, but I'm looking for a combo slide-show/Top Gun clip for Mighty Wings. For obvious reaons.