1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys looking for work (free agents)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

POINT GUARDS
    Will Bynum, Jay Williams, Tierre Brown, Andre Barrett, Anthony Goldwire, Kareem Reid, Troy Bell, Robert Pack, Tito Maddox, Kenny Anderson, Rod Strickland, Horace Jenkins, Yuta Tabuse, Alex Garcia, Chris Thomas, Jamison Brewer, Frank Williams, Erick Strickland, Chris Herren, Charles Jones

SHOOTING GUARDS
    Latrell Sprewell, Penny Hardaway, Willie Green, Dajuan Wagner, Doug Christie, Rodney Buford, Kendall Gill, Kerry Kittles, Ron Mercer, Matt Walsh, Wesley Person, Dion Glover, Fred Hoiberg, Laron Profit, Kennedy Winston, Lucious Harris, Anthony Peeler, Corey Benjamin, Jimmie Hunter,Felipe Lopez, Andre Emmett, Geno Carlisle

SMALL FORWARDS
    Lee Nailon, Glenn Robinson, George Lynch, Rodney Rogers, Kedrick Brown, Eddie Robinson, Chris Crawford, Ndudi Ebi, Roger Powell Jr., Sean Lampley, Josh Davis, Kaniel Dickens, Tang Hamilton, Dan Langhi, Darvin Ham, Billy Thomas, Chris Porter, Tremaine Fowlkes, Sharrod Ford, Lawrence Funderburke, Sean Banks, Darius Rice, Chris Jefferies

POWER FORWARDS
    Robert Traylor, Samaki Walker, Christian Laettner, Vin Baker, Sam Clancy, Tom Gugliotta, Marcus Fizer, Jerome Moiso, Clarence Weatherspoon, Cherokee Parks, Dennis Rodman, Ryan Humphrey, Tony Massenburg, Mark Pope, Kimani Ffriend, Lucas Tischer

CENTERS
    Jahidi White, Ben Handlogten, Andrew DeClercq, Oliver Miller, Wang Zhizhi, Curtis Borchardt, Tyler Coppenrath, Amal McCaskill, Roy Tarpley, Chris Marcus, Vladimir Stepania, Nate Huffman, Jayson Williams, Jared Reiner, Kyle Davis, Olden Polynice, Peter Cornell, Keith Closs, Luke Schenscher, Mamadou N'Diaye, Elden Campbell

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

It would be great to get Hoiberg but I don't see us stealing out from under Flip's nose.

I think I'd just as soon give Penny a shot as anybody else.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I don't think the Pistons are gonna resign Hoiberg. As far as Penny... before microfracture surgery.. maybe.. after... hells no. Last thing we need is to bring in players already injured..

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

It's only for 18 games.

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

A guy on that list that I think would be interesting to put in the lineup while Yao was on the bench is Lee Nailon. The guy can't do much else, but he can definitely put the ball through the hoop. He would provide some much needed scoring.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

You can scratch Barrett (Suns) and Fizer (Sonics) off the list.

Kerry Kittles is a FA? Wow, I guess Clippers released him last year.

7. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

I treated Roy Tarpley last year at the shelter where I volunteer downtown. He was really nice. We talked about the issues he faced in his playing days, the drugs and alcohol. He seemed very humbled by it. I dont know why he was at the shelter though for dental treatment. He came by four or five times. Always dressed real nice and had a good personality. He told me he was working out with John Lucas and that he hoped to get another shot in the NBA....

He was open about his past problems and gave me his reason as to what led him down that path. From the stories he told me, he had an insane time while he was on the IR after knee surgery

He even signed a few basketball cards that I had of him from when I was a kid. When I saw the pateint list for the day and saw his name I got curious. I asked a buddy there if this Roy Tarpley was tall, and he said yeah. I checked the birthdate on his chart then with what is listed online for him and they matched. Crazy

#7 BenignDMD, Mar 13, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  8. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I think Kerry Kittles would be ideal. He can hit the open J, and he is a fairly tall shooting guard.

9. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Actually, I was checking out stats, and Fred Hoiberg is one helluva 3 point shooter. He actually shot %48 from 3 point land last year! I think he'd be an awesome pickup. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/fred_hoiberg/

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Isnt this the same Roy Tarpley who hasn't played in 10 years or so in the NBA?

Has he been playing in Europe or something?

I just checked some stats and it said he made about 6.5M over his career. Its kind of disconcerting to think someone can blow that much money and be forced to get medical treatment at a shelter. Unless he's just really shrewd and saves his money by doing this, then its another thing.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Chris Antsley. Or the Mayor.

12. BenignDMD

You cant be shrewd to get our services. You have to be completely broke. Your income is 0! He had to pay most of his earnings back for violating his contract the 2nd time I believe

13. BenignDMD

From my perspective, the only thing going for him in his quest to play ball again was his height. He told me he had a few conversations with NBA teams, Rockets included. This was over a year ago though.

14. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    MANBOOBS!!!

Give Kennedy Winston two years in the NBDL, then give him a shot.

I really don't understand the opposition to Sprewell, for short term purposes. Sure he might cost a bit, but he would be explosive.

I think this team just needs a guy who gets in trouble with the law. It was great when a guy like Barkley could throw a guy (sorry, "push a guy backwards and let gravity propel him") through a window one night and be able to play effectively the next.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Kerry Kittles retired due to lingering injuries..

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Rodney Buford isn't bad.

Scored 7ppg in 21mpg last season for the Nets.

17. MONON

MONON Member

Wesley Person always killed us. What's his condition?

18. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Andre Barrett is now with the suns. Is that an updated list?

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

That's a bunch oif winners on that list.

20. RioGrando

RioGrando Member

Look what a lunatic did for Sacramento! They pick Artest, they have good momentum going into the playoffs. Houston needs to pick up Spree! Damn, I'm tired of this stuff. Van Dumby picked up all the rest of those weak-ass Knicks, including Ewing. The only one that would throw it down every night with all he's got left would be Spreewell. Esp. since Wesley's defensive intensity is gone, I think it's the perfect time to fire up the phone and sign Latrell.

I've said my peace for the month :cool: