1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Recapping the Houston Rockets 2021 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hook this Rockets content into my veins! =)

Mr Woods and Clutch like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

2nd

let’s see how accurate my prediction was

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I hope this is the core that develops into a contender. I want Green to be here long term with team success. I'm tired of the modern era of 'rent-a-player". A championship feels more special when the players were the ones your team drafted and raised rather than hiring some mercenary for a season.

Guys like Dream, Kobe and now Giannis have a deep connection to the city they won a ring with because it was the team that raised them and stuck with them for many years.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great podcast as always. It’s clear that all rockets fans got a big boost in this draft. It’s time to get excited about the future.

One thing that was touched on was the veteran trade assets. I feel like if Stone can get some value for Gordon and House while also using our cap flexibility to accumulate additional assets, we could really come out of this offseason huge winners. I think we should plan on keeping Wall till his contract becomes an expiring asset next season. We’re not gonna find a good deal for him anyway, and he can help KPJ who I don’t think is ready to come in immediately and become our starting point. Agreed we have to move some veterans to free up playing time -Gordon and House are movable.

also, you guys didn’t mention him but I really hope we resign David Nwaba. I know he may not fit into our rebuilding window, but good versatile player, great locker room guy, super athletic, gives maximum effort on both sides of the ball

#5 Aruba77, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Loved listening to this, thank you both.

I thought for sure we as Rockets fans were in for extended dark times. I was afraid that TF would not allow Stone to build this team properly. Looking like I was wrong, thankfully.

I am crazy excited about the future of this team. I’m not expecting a lot of wins for a while, but I’m going to enjoy watching this team grow, develop and get better over time. Sky seems to be the limit and it’s just beginning.

I love what the org did with the draft. Stone seems to be head and shoulders better than Morey at evaluating young talent. I know circumstances are much different, but I’m excited again. This looks like it’s going to be a fun ride.

HTXSportsAddict, Plowman and Deuce like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch: "OKC took a lot of L's" LMAOOOOOOO!!!

Aruba77 and NIKEstrad like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That was GOLD!

9. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Was surprised to hear no mention of Tate when you guys discussed forward rotations or Garuba being the first guy this team has to throw at opposing stars, but I guess he's SF and Wood, Martin, Garuba, Sengun and Olynyk(?) will rotate around the 4/5.

11. csc177

csc177 Member

Stone’s smirk is hilarious (watch me work)

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bro, do they have to put the bum jersey advertisement on our video content too??

Rockets are down bad

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just started listening. I've been waiting for this
    How sweet it is!

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

@Clutch prescient about Mobley vs JGreen at the summer league. The board would be all doom and gloom today if pick was Mobley...

hakeem94 likes this.