1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Strickland is the worst Rockets PG that I have ever seen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Feb 24, 2005.

1. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

At one time he could play, but right now he is just embarrassing himself. We have had some bad point guards in recent memory, an old fat Sedale Threatt, Matt Maloney, Sleepy Floyd, etc. but this guy takes the cake.

I have no earthly idea why JVG would start that piece of garbage. Anybody over him would be an improvement.

2. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Uhm.....who else is he going to play? :rolleyes:

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Gaines, might as well at this point.....

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yes, he looks bad, but he's better than he played last night. He's still getting his legs back. He's definately not the answer, and I hope we pick up a pg, but he's not the worst Rockets pg ever. That title still rest in Matt Maloney's hands.

5. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

How about Wesley at PG and move TMac back to SG and start Padgett or Bowen at the 3?

6. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

He really must be terrible...or he's cap fodder in a discussed deal...or both.

7. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Worst Rockets PG you've ever seen?!? That's pretty harsh.

I'll admit he's slow, can't defend, has no stamina, can't shoot or even make layups, gives the ball more to opponents than to teammates, and looks totally clueless and dazed. But other than that....

It's pretty bad when you wonder if it's possible he's even worse than Ward. BTW, I hate to say, again, that I told yall so, but:

I told yall so about Ward, when the Rockets were pursuing him, and how he showed he had no game left last year here in SA. But there were plenty here on this board who were big time Ward backers. Still happy with that signing?

8. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

Sign me up I played PG in high school. I'll sign for the LM,
    Matt Maloney could at least hit a jumper...

9. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I feel pretty confident that if JVG felt that Gaines could do a better job he would be in there.....but obviously that is not that case! :)

10. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Matt could at least hit a shot. He hit the "three bawl" in his short time here.

11. roswell raygun

Ah, Moochie, Moochie. We hardly knew you.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wasn't going to post in this thread, because it's probably (no offense, hoopa!), redundant... especially since I posted several rants about Strickland very late last night, after watching the game in SA, but Barry could have played better at the one. Wesley could have played better at the one, if he could have stayed in the game. Tracy is a better option, although he's clearly hurting. Barrett was better, although that wouldn't be saying much. He works hard, but he's over his head.

I guess what got me was the "rolleyes." Did you even watch the game? I had the best seats for a game in a long time. Well, since the last time my loaded brother-in-law turned me on to his Spers season tickets for a game against the Rocks. Trust me. If you had been at the game, and I'm assuming you weren't, Strickland looked much, much worse close up. Did they show him delaying the game on TV, trying to pull up the wrap around his hamstring, while panting like a dog, glassy eyed, and then suddenly remembering to tuck in his shorts?

I swear to god, I was expecting a delay of game. As bad as the refs were, and they were BAD, they gave us a break there. Strickland was worse than abysmal. I was embarrassed to sit surrounded by screaming Spers fans, who I give props to for stuffing the place and being LOUD, once they got a lead. (yes, we had them back on their heals. I can't tell you how often I overheard people talking about what McGrady did to them Dec. 9th. The Rockets scare them, folks, and they were pretty quiet until they got the lead... 61 to 60, I think. Then the place went nuts)

I'll say this... Strickland was as bad last night as anyone I can remember playing the point, as a starter, for the Rockets. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of bad PG play from the last 25+ years I've followed the Rocks, but he was that bad. He had no business being on the court. In my opinion.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I cannot stand Andre Barrett, and the fact that he's platooning with an old Rod Strickland just gives me fits.

David Wesley-Jon Barry-TMac-Howard-Yao.

Thanks.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Persian, at least tell us WHY you think he's the worst PG... I only watched him live, since I don't watch the games, so I need some reasons... he did satisfactorily well against the Blazers, but that was 4 games ago...

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

We would have no bench players except Deke.

16. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Chance:" Moochie, Moochie, Moo, Moo, Moo, Moo..."

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Mike James.

Strickland is garbage. Watching him play is like having kidney stones. Can't stand the ass.

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I don't think he's the worst PG ever.

Strickland was coming around slowly. He appeared and was thrown into the fire. He wasn't in NBA condition.

I'll give Strickland credit for putting in the effort.

19. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Holy smoking crap! What did I just do... :eek: :( :mad: :eek: :( :mad:

20. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Great. I'm blaming you for "Moochie 2: electric boogaloo". You and Roswell Raygun.

At least we'll be able to compare him to Strickland in the same season- that should help the debate.