1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ESPN.com] Colt McCoy will return for senior season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Oct 22, 2008.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Texas might be able to announce "Heisman Trophy winner Colt McCoy" next season.

The front-runner for the award told the Sporting News on Wednesday that he will return for his senior season.

"I'm going to play here for four years," McCoy said, according to the Web site. "I've been blessed to be able to play here. Not very many people get to [start] here for four years, so what an opportunity. And if the NFL is there for me, then I hope that I'll get to keep playing, because I love to play this game. Hopefully, it will work out."

McCoy completed a team-record 90.6 percent of his passes for 337 yards and two touchdowns on Saturday as the No. 1 Longhorns beat then No. 11 Missouri 56-31.

This season, McCoy has thrown for 1,894 yards and 19 touchdowns, with only three interceptions, for 7-0 Texas.

Despite wanting to stay at Texas all four years, McCoy feels he is on pace for an NFL career and sees himself in the mold of a pretty good signal-caller.

"I play a lot like Tony Romo," McCoy said, according to the Sporting News. "Maybe not as risky now, but he's a playmaker. He can make some yards with his feet, but he's also right on the money. He's accurate and he's smart with the ball."

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

You need to add a link to that story.

3. DPballer

DPballer Member

Good for him, but I shouldn't be hearing this news till January.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Of course he is returning. Why would he want to go in the 6th round tops? Tony Romo? I hope he meant Stefan Lefors.

5. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Vince Young said the same thing, even AFTER he won the rose bowl.

That goes to say how much this article means.

If we win it all, there is no reason McCoy should pass up being the top pick in the draft, it makes zero sense and is exactly why it won't happen.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Your team is having a horrible season so I'm going to let that comment slide.

Goodnight sir.

7. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

LOL you're joking right?

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

No matter what he does, he wont be the top pick in the draft. He wont even be the top QB selected.

In any case, I see him going in the first 2 rounds if he were to leave after this season.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He won't even be picked on the 1st day.

10. kikimama

kikimama Member

Dang, why all the hate? Surely, he is a better athlete than people give him credit for. I haven't even seen him take a slide this season.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No hate here...I love Colt McCoy. He's an amazing college QB. But I seriously doubt he'll be an impact QB in the NFL. I'd love to be wrong about that, though.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he plays more like Jeff Garcia in a west coast offense.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'd say that'd be his pro ceiling. Which would be great.. but yeah, not a 1st rnd pick..

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Comment has nothing to do with my team. Colt does not have the NFL scouts salivating sorry. He is a little smarter than his buddy Jermichael Finley who should have stayed in college.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Exactly...I love Texas, Colt finally wins some big games, but top pick? Seriously?

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

colt mccoy draws comparison to chris leak...the latter, i thought, performed better, but now plays in the canadian league...honestly, who is better suited for the NFL....tim tebow or colt mccoy

17. Ismail

Ismail Member

I love watching Texas play and consider myself a Longhorn fan.

I would be very surprised if Colt McCoy was drafted in the first three rounds. But I am rootin' for him. Though I think comparing yourself to Romo is a bit of a stretch when you're still in college. But who knows, who knows.

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Joe Montana

19. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Thats a very good comparison actually. Wow. Tinman making sense